Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finally - Sword and Shields are getting buffs

PrVonTuckIII

As hyped as I am for everything on the devstream, the last thing that I wanted to hear about was a change to blocking that doesn't address how useless it is for Daggers/Whips/Tonfas/Nunchuks.

I mean, at a 35% reduction, you might as well just never block against high-level enemies since you're going to be oneshotted anyway.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

thank god, right? Silva & Aegis is one of the best looking weapons in game, but suffers from damage that makes it almost as bad as the Machetes. as for my Ack & Brunt crit build.. well, I didn't NEED the extra damage, but since you're so kind.. *evil laugh*

Ikr , i Feel u , my Ack n brunt brother

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

As hyped as I am for everything on the devstream, the last thing that I wanted to hear about was a change to blocking that doesn't address how useless it is for Daggers/Whips/Tonfas/Nunchuks.

I mean, at a 35% reduction, you might as well just never block against high-level enemies since you're going to be oneshotted anyway.

Even as a magical space ninja, do you REALLY think "blocking" the majority of the incoming damage with a DAGGER makes any sense? 

23 minutes ago, Hairein said:

Even as a magical space ninja, do you REALLY think "blocking" the majority of the incoming damage with a DAGGER makes any sense? 

What, you mean as effectively as you can block bullets one by one by swinging a bigass hammer around?

Please don't bring realism into this. If things were realistic, then hammers would have virtually no bullet-blocking capabilities.

Edited by SortaRandom

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

As hyped as I am for everything on the devstream, the last thing that I wanted to hear about was a change to blocking that doesn't address how useless it is

Probably should have just stopped there. I find there's little reason to block when parkour is, in my experience, more effective at reducing damage. Even if you have an 85% block, you still need to sprint to the target. I only do it if it's low level because it looks cool with certain weapons.

Hopefully whilst looking into changing the Sword and Shield block system they'll take a deeper look and we'll have blocking 3.0. 

Edited by DeMonkey

54 minutes ago, (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Meanwhile I'm still hoping for a legit sword and shield. I mean S&A are neat, but tacky. And I'd hardly classify Silva as a sword. More like a... Heat Dagger :D

And A&B is an axe and shield combo...

Just use this on it:

latest?cb=20160331011554

On 07/10/2016 at 10:55 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

should be .....said all shield swords , my own build will benifit from it, using the aks mod to draw damage when blocking from squad mates to further buff the melee will be very fun !

Hide contents

Spoiler

20161010032025_1.jpg
20161010032200_1.jpg

Get rid of Rage and replace with Stretch for better Chaos. If Nyx is taking hits she'll be dead before you can get any use out of Rage due to her low armor.