Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would you say if DE put... Arcanes in Sorties?

_Rue_

Or they could rework Trials to not be CC switch standing tedium contests where the only way you could fail is randomly getting nabbed by a scorpion or manic. I brought my best weapons to.....not use them? I get more of a stretch from sorties. I drop more mags into a single nullifier shield than the entire nightmare raid. Not even going to go into detail about slapping a poo ball around while Jordas talks to himself for half an hour.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

How many common Arcanes are there at the moment, again? If they were to replace Nezha parts and/or lenses and maybe even have "MK1" type Arcanes, it'd be pretty hard to get what you want, like if you just want the 4k Endo. They might have to make each Sortie Season last longer.

Although I do agree with this idea I will say then raid becomes obsolete, and rarely anyone does raid atm. Which makes sense to move the drop table of something rarely anyone does to something people do more. However did you think that if that were to happen DE would make a new set of arcanes (probably more valuable than the ones now) to raids? Then everyone would be crying power creep again.

I wouldn't move the current set of Arcanes to sorties, but maybe make a new set of Arcanes for sorties that are more appropriate for it's difficulty. Cuz lets be honest Sorties are not hard if you're geared moderately for them. With the current Sortie system any low MR can join and just get carried through it. Does that seem fair for someone who probably can't even contribute to the team to receive something like an Arcane?

DE will most likely rework Sorties to accommodate the Arcane rewards, which means either make them harder, or making higher requirements to do Sorties. I don't know how some people will feel about that.I 

I do like the idea of Sorties dropping Arcanes but for something that's considered "endgame" items there needs to be some sort of (dare I say) balance. Maybe have something like an "Unidentified Arcane" for the Sortie reward that has the same chance as an Endo reward or slightly lower and just let RNG handle it from there. Yeah I know we don't want RNG but again it's an Arcane, there needs to be some difficulty in getting them.

2 hours ago, _Rue_ said:

Before you freak out, please read on.

I'm thinking that the more common Arcanes should be "cycled" as one of those one per season sortie rewards (like the lenses...) because of the following:

1. Remove them from TRIAL (new edit) drop tables so TRIAL players can get a chance at the rare reward they want
  2. it serves as an "intro to Arcanes" for newer players and entice them to get better ones from sorties

I bet there are tons of other ways this can be done, and i think as a community we can flesh it out?

Or this might just be an ill-conceived spur-of-the-moment kind of thing.

What do you think?

Also consider this:

Well i completely agree. Or add more useful arcanes as rewards for raids ( new arcanes maybe). Its a pity that healing, resistance are rare arcanes, completely useless imo. At this point i would be happy if they just introduced a new raid tbh. But i know NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!

E.g. : Arcane CLEM: on damaged 2 % chance to spawn CLEM to fight aside you for 15 secs (max rank) :P :P :P

Edited by --Q--Kyl0Ren

2 hours ago, DawnThade said:

Good Idea but lets first convince DE to put nezha in the dojo tenno lab and move lenses to be rare drops on the moon. Then we'll have enough empty space to add arcanes to sorties without any further dilution of the reward table.

Those are actually really good ideas.

the only change would happen in tradechat, values go down for 50 to 70 %

yeah, why not ^^) pls, put arcanes into sorties, DE ;)))

LOL ?

Edited by Guest

Doesn't seem right to dump trash arcanes on sortie players, even if to benefit raid players.  If anything, the sortie pools need to be improved, not further diluted.  In fact, raid drops, sortie drops, and how arcanes are placed all need a total reworking.

All that needed "2.0" aside, I'd rather they just retire those :poop: arcanes entirely than shove them off anywhere else, though.

Edited by ArcusVeles