Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

[The Index Preview] Bug Report Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

Please use this megathread to post any bugs you come across while playing The Index. We'll be watching closely and fixing the hot button items. 

Be as detailed as possible in your reports and attach screenshots and video evidence to help with the investigation and fix!

If you would like to report an issue with the new Conclave Dedicated Servers, please post them here:  

The Index Preview: Hotfix #2

Changes

• The Index Mods and Rathuum Mods are now all tradable (it was inconsistent)! 
  • Changed formatting for Dedicated Servers leaderboards so that uptime shows as hh:mm:ss not "X minute(s)".
  • Increased the mass of Reactant, Index Points drops, and Raptor’s Energy cells so that they don't roll around as much.
  • Excluded Reactant and Index Point pickups from Simulor, Inaros' Sandstorm, Zephyr Tornado, and Vauban's Vortex. This also fixes the exception lists for the Simulor; it wasn't supposed to be moving  gameplay objects (eg Datamass, Excavation Power Cells, Raptor Cells, etc) but it generally wasn't of a problem because the objects were heavy enough (properly excluding them should run faster too!). As more and more gameplay components rely on pickups, we've addressed this issue as it is commonly discussed by you all. 

Fixes

• Fixed energy color not applying to the Officium Syandana properly.
  • Fixed The Index transmissions playing in Maroo’s bazaar.
  • Fixed the Kinetic Ricochet Mod having a static 2D image as opposed to the newer 3D images.
  • Fixed the Shield Charger Mod not having its correct image. 

The Index Preview: Hotfix #1

Changes

• Improved dedicated server geographic matchmaking precision.

Fixes

• Fixed Chat linking the Caustacyst causing a crash.
  • Fixed attaining free health by channeling as enemies pass through the Caustacyst goo with Life Strike equipped. Also fixes similar issue with the Zenistar. 
  • Fixed for pickup sounds not playing for clients in The Index.
  • Fixed a crash in Survival missions. 
  • Fixed the placeholder Index Badge appearing as a reward. It has new art now, not re-used Gradivus Dilemma art. 
  • Fixed Limbo being able to damage enemies while remaining invincible in the Rift with the Caustacyst or the Zenistar charge attack. 
  • Fixed the Shield Charger Mod applying its unranked bonus shield amount even when ranked up.

10 minutes ago, carbine7 said:

If I'm looking at the mission progress screen (via Tab) at the end of the match, it loses connection to the host at the end of the mission and I receive no rewards

You can reproduce this every time in The Index specifically or missions at large?

It is intensely difficult to join a public random match.  This actually seems to be a problem with any highly played node, any with 10+ 'open squads'.  I click the node, I am asked to 'please wait', I am thrown out of the matchmaking process and am forced to reselect the node.

I must do this at least 5 times in a row, each time it does not join me to anyone it makes me wait then kicks me out.  I am on NA East region with ping limit of 400 which allows me to connect to a random public match in most cases so long as there are few 'open squads' on that node.

Even on the offchance I get the 'wait for players' button because I am not immediately connected to anyone, I click that and it has me wait then I am once again kicked completely out of the node.

26 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

You can reproduce this every time in The Index specifically or missions at large?

All missions, turns out, just noticed it thanks to checking the Index scoreboard a lot. Happens 100% of the time, as long as I'm a client.

hehehe kat,

Ok so firstly, I can say that the total number of index points needed in order to score (personal goal) should be a unified goal for the group. As is, We are competing against eachother to get at least our personal goal if not to get way more than that to troll team members aka le'pugs out of theirs.. This suggestion is more of an issue to me than any difficulty or reward related factor.  Because of this setup (players being able to overscore, preventing their squad mates from receiving their reward) there is really no reason to play with more than one other person if not alone. 

Secondly, the credits (i know, its a preview..) are too low in both risk and reward. Double your credits isnt a good idea, Since players are going to just double as much as they can every time. Fixed amounts is a fair idea but imo a dynamic amount setting per risk level would be interesting.  Example:

for risk level one -   wager    enemy level     Reward: 80%  Points Needed: 20  Player must pick up 2 orbs in the game to qualify for all rewards

10k            10

20k            20

30k            30

for risk level two -   wager    enemy level    Reward: 65%  Points Needed: 40 Player must pick up 3 orbs in the game to qualify for all rewards 

50k           40

55k           45

65k           55          

for risk level three - wager    enemy level    Reward: 60%  Points Needed: 50 Player must pick up 5 orbs in the game to qualify for all rewards. 

75k          65

85k          75 

100k        90

Lastly, rather than having the energy orbs strewn throughout like in the normal version of those maps, picking up an orb should yield x energy and scoring a kill should yield x energy. 

My thoughts after two games :D

Edited by PookieNumnums

Loading screens are locking up for about 10-15 seconds then loading very slow and I'm averaging 13 Fps, 15 if I am standing still and that's in my ship. I run warframe at lower settings on a 4 year old laptop. Before the update I would have between 75 and 80 Fps and choose to limit it to 60 (due to slight overheating). In a solo mission before enemies start to spawn I get 10 Frames. Lowering the graphics even further did not increase my Fps and, oddly enough neither did increasing my graphics settings, still got 11-15 Fps. Another odd thing is the Fps info panel says warframe is only using 300-400mb of my memory. My computers system tray says I'm only using 10% of my cpu and 25% of my memory so my only guess is a memory leak within the game its self.

My specs if needed; quad core Intel i7 processor (dont know the exact speed)- Nvidia 555m Gpu- 8gb ram- Win 10 64 bit.

6 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

Ok so firstly, I can say that the total number of index points needed in order to score (personal goal) should be a unified goal for the group. As is, We are competing against eachother to get at least our personal goal if not to get way more than that to troll team members aka le'pugs out of theirs.. This suggestion is more of an issue to me than any difficulty or reward related factor.  Because of this setup (players being able to overscore, preventing their squad mates from receiving their reward) there is really no reason to play with more than one other person if not alone. 

This. I have no interest in playing this on public mode because I'm not willing to risk losing out because somebody scored more than they needed. Also friendly spectres will steal your points, which is frustrating and silly since they cannot even turn them in.

Possibly visual bug from my graphics card- Random death- no visual damage being dealt to frame, IE-not under attack no signs of explosions in vicinity.

slow movement- no sprint probably a status effect but needs some visual cue or alert to let player know what effects they are under ==no visual cue or alert for player to identify status effects during match

loss of index point while in route to bank it- unknown if due to damage received by enemy- if so explanation in game would fix= points disappear unexpectedly IE I'm carrying 3, then suddenly only have 2. Need further explanation.

Overall index looks nice, seems fun looking forward to the finished product.

There was this one two-leveled map, where the lower section had a transparent roof, and there was a corpus turret there.  I was Trinity, so I decided to Energy Vampire it.  Not only could I do so, but it didn't die.  I kept giving my teamates energy for the rest of the match, and keeping them healed with Blessing.

Emblem/badge event bug? It uses the same one as the Gravidus event, which is (or was) a rather unique badge as we had to choose either Corpus or Grineer at the time. Please say it's a bug :/

Edited by Naith

after finishing a match of the index, my teammates were kind of impatient and started the next round. Combine that with my slow loading times and you get this.

Spoiler

S7bLNEu.jpg

I could only interact with chat, so I thought "if I go into someones profile then leave, everything will be fine"

Spoiler

GlKv2Ay.jpg

... Everything was not fine

Edited by gamey1000
    placing images in spoiler tabs