Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glass needs to be stronger.

DALOS

Has anyone ever been on a corpus ship without decompressing the damn tile? Every syndicate primary, every AoE attack, every explosive weapon and stray bullet causes it. All that it really does is slow down the pace of the game and in most cases it's unavoidable.

syndicate blast effect and some powers break it too seems like health and safety would like to have a word with the corpus i feel like a space ship would have thicker windows

they should take a page from grineer ship construction

Why not just remove the hazard altogether? It's a gimmick. It's broken by everything from AOE spam to parkour moves. Syndicate effects and certain abilities are inevitable. Sometimes they're avoidable, but either way, they're completely pointless.

They add no challenge or difficulty or variety or interesting mechanic to a tile. It's just annoying. It makes you hack a console. Oh no.

11 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

no, in most case it IS avoidable, as long as you arent spamming things like the tonkor and telos boltace. they're there with the purpose to make you be a bit more careful or risk spending a little extra time dealing with the results

This assumes everyone is able to avoid it as well. If syndicate weapons don't blow a hole than someone else accidentally hitting the glass will.

10 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Why not just remove the hazard altogether? It's a gimmick. It's broken by everything from AOE spam to parkour moves. Syndicate effects and certain abilities are inevitable. Sometimes they're avoidable, but either way, they're completely pointless.

They add no challenge or difficulty or variety or interesting mechanic to a tile. It's just annoying. It makes you hack a console. Oh no.

Kinda what I was saying but you worded it better, it just kills pace and adds nothing.

3 minutes ago, DALOS said:

This assumes everyone is able to avoid it as well. If syndicate weapons don't blow a hole than someone else accidentally hitting the glass will.

Kinda what I was saying but you worded it better, it just kills pace and adds nothing.

It's one of those things in old Warframe that just kinda never got touched, updated or removed. Rather like arc traps, which eventually got changes.

Because it's pointless, difficult and, frankly, occasionally impossible to not break them, they don't really do anything to try and make you careful. And why should they? Punish normal gameplay by locking you in a room for a couple of seconds? It's silly. There is nothing this adds to the game except a mild inconvenience and a lingering question mark.

13 minutes ago, V45H said:

syndicate blast effect and some powers break it too seems like health and safety would like to have a word with the corpus i feel like a space ship would have thicker windows

The cracked glass is caused by Ogma shots. Blame the Grineer.

Also, we don't breach Grineer ships unless Tenno decide to assist us or if we have a Bursa/Tech crewman with us. Techs and Bursas are unsuitable for espionage, but lately I have been working on cloaking tech and modified Nullifier shields that can muffle sounds from inside the bubble.

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It's one of those things in old Warframe that just kinda never got touched, updated or removed. Rather like arc traps, which eventually got changes.

Because it's pointless, difficult and, frankly, occasionally impossible to not break them, they don't really do anything to try and make you careful. And why should they? Punish normal gameplay by locking you in a room for a couple of seconds? It's silly. There is nothing this adds to the game except a mild inconvenience and a lingering question mark.

Lockouts in general are pointless. I wouldn't mind it if they added something interesting to it, like the enemies were mounting defences or something challenging like that. But instead it just seems like the enemies are stupid enough to think they can contain you with a simple puzzle.

Well, depending on the situation and if you are unable to separate from your team (to get kills 1st), those rooms can be used to lock your team in that room while you gain some distance and wait at the next room door for it to open, this gives 1 room of a heads up compared to other players and can be quite the distance if the room in question is quite big.

Other than that it's no big deal, just hack a terminal and move on, if the hacking is such a burden to you then let others deal with it or use a cipher, if someone else hacks then take the time to buff teammates, heal teammates or kill enemies.

If you consider the locked room a simple waste of time then it means you're not doing much to begin with.

Edited by KIREEK

I personally like having this mechanic, it is there to make you use your brain for fraction of a second. I usually switch to my non-AOE, non-syndicate weapon and safely dispatch the enemy in those windowed rooms and corridors and pay attention to what I am doing. It is not hard. My weapon of choice for this is usually my old, trusty Lex Prime modded for high crit or status, depending on the enemy.

Of course this is usually torpedoed by some herpa-derp-telos-boltace-tonkor Valkyr/Rhino/Embers with hatstand for a head obliviously run past, flailing away at the bloody windows without paying any attention whatsoever to what they are doing. "Oh, no, my lack of discipline and inability to use my brain for half a second makes me hack a panel! Oh noes!". Even the full 7-piece hack should not take more then a few seconds to solve. Who knows, maybe you guys will even learn to swap for a different weapon after a few hundred times! :P

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

Well, depending on the situation and if you are unable to separate from your team (to get kills 1st), those rooms can be used to lock your team in that room while you gain some distance and wait at the next room door for it to open, this gives 1 room of a heads up compared to other players and can be quite the distance if the room in question is quite big.

Love the sarcasm of the first part. :P

1 hour ago, V45H said:

But...it's expensive and so

..... I dont know what to say about this.. Speechless... I dont want to see this removed.

It's one of my favourite features ingame. I honestly wish we had more hazards like this. I also find it so easy to not break them aswell.

Just now, (PS4)KinslayersDawn said:

You have clearly never enjoyed the fun that comes from breaking those windows from outside the room and letting all the Corpus in there slowly die from lack of oxygen :devil:

They need blast doors with windows so we can seem them lol... It reminds me of the pressure chamber in UT

4 hours ago, DALOS said:

Has anyone ever been on a corpus ship without decompressing the damn tile? Every syndicate primary, every AoE attack, every explosive weapon and stray bullet causes it. All that it really does is slow down the pace of the game and in most cases it's unavoidable.

Omg you have no idea how right you are, especially if your running a aoe warframe like rhino, you can NOT use rhino stomp, there health should be boosted up by like.. A LOT

the glass in the ships is like a stick of gum.

Since I'm playing Equinox, these are a nightmare. They are targeted by Maim, and I'm running a full range build so once I see these rooms, that's already too late... :D

But honestly they don't need to be more resistant or removed. They're fine as they are. They're part of the environment.

Just remove them from the targetting by AoE spell damage (that are not even AoE as Maim doesn't break caches, why would it break glass ?).

I usually play Mag with quite a high duration, which means the Polarize wave travels for about 8 seconds. If there are enemies in those rooms, the glass will break. Depending on the ship design, I can still be miles away.

In general I like those rooms. But it would be nice if the windows would not break immediately and have a lower spawn chance.

6 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Since I'm playing Equinox, these are a nightmare. They are targeted by Maim, and I'm running a full range build so once I see these rooms, that's already too late... :D

But honestly they don't need to be more resistant or removed. They're fine as they are. They're part of the environment.

Just remove them from the targetting by AoE spell damage (that are not even AoE as Maim doesn't break caches, why would it break glass ?).

Those are abilities are just one reason why damaged glass shouldn't break so easily. Right now it breaks if you sneeze in their general direction.

There's no way I believe the Corpus would actively use a portion of their ship if they know the glass is that brittle. Especially when most windows can't be damaged or destroyed at all. Even if they won't bother to fix it, they could close the bulkhead for that segment and be done with it.