Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synthesis Targets should have infinite health

Yonm

Ash + Fatal Teleport / Equinox + Rest / Banshee + Savage Silencer/ .... + Covert Lethality will finish it, one way or another

anyway, that's called "risk" that we should care about:

- if you capture for your ally or stand near of the captured target, you earn points, even if you didn't anything

-if the target doesn't have any means to run anyway, it will attack us, do you want to deal against "an immortal" enemy in your way if your objective is near? (excavation or mobile defense)

- if you or your allies can't manage to keep it alive (it already has an massive amount of health), that means the team failed to do this secondary objective, but this isn't the end of the mission, like the specialty personal secondary objective (kill 30 with primary weapon, kill 5 while sliding, hack one terminal...), if you do it, you earn the bonus, if not, doesn't matter...  and The Index Preview? your team can win if manage to do mostly of the points, but if you don't fill your personal objective, you don't earn any extra credits

it's not like the end of the world, because you still can do it again in the next mission, so, if you still want your team to cooperate, try this:

- give the advice for you team at start of the mission that exist an synthesis target

- try walk around with your synthesis scanner on hands, because if you pass near of it, the target will be marked

- carry some synthesis traps (3 per mission can be more than enough)

- don't use your most powerful weapon(Tigris series)/method of combat (bladestorm)while searching for the target

this kind of mechanic exist to "force" (but remember: you asked for this modifier on mission by carrying the synthesis scanner and talking with Simaris) the player to change their behavior, and with this, extent the playability of the game before you become burnt out

Edited by Zeyez
even the darkest shadow require an light source to exist

17 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

There's no reason for them to be immortal.

A target dying is a risk, and it's for this particular reason that I find capture missions ridiculous.

It's not a risk, the only way they take damage is from players and they have obscene amounts of health. The only way you kill a synth target is if you TRY to kill it.

1 minute ago, Yonm said:

It's not a risk, the only way they take damage is from players and they have obscene amounts of health. The only way you kill a synth target is if you TRY to kill it.

Depends, look at ash's bladestorm, equinox's maim, with these kind of abilities you can kill a synth target.

And still, my opinion is that they SHOULDN'T have more hp than other targets (and to balance that, they shouldn't be hidden so far in missions...)

Oh and I forgot, it's still another of these thread that could be solved by "not playing with random people".

Get a clan or friends and that'll be solved...

Edited by Trichouette

12 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Depends, look at ash's bladestorm, equinox's maim, with these kind of abilities you can kill a synth target.

And still, my opinion is that they SHOULDN'T have more hp than other targets (and to balance that, they shouldn't be hidden so far in missions...)

Oh and I forgot, it's still another of these thread that could be solved by "not playing with random people".

Get a clan or friends and that'll be solved...

Yes, I'm going to hassle people to do every mission I ever do on the off chance it has a synth target and some PUG member might kill it. That's totally realistic. It's not like normal people have lives independent of their friends or anything. Ty for the non-solution, genius.

Just now, Yonm said:

Yes, I'm going to hassle people to do every mission I ever do on the off chance it has a synth target and some PUG member might kill it. That's totally realistic. It's not like normal people have lives independent of their friends or anything. Ty for the non-solution, genius.

Because you think DE can change the whole game just because random people in missions are sometimes stupid or don't pay attention to details that matter to YOU ?

Either you play solo, with friends or clan members, or you don't complain about people's stupidity or mistake.

And nothing prevents you from running missions solo just to achieve your simaris' quest before running with randoms.

7 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Because you think DE can change the whole game just because random people in missions are sometimes stupid or don't pay attention to details that matter to YOU ?

Either you play solo, with friends or clan members, or you don't complain about people's stupidity or mistake.

And nothing prevents you from running missions solo just to achieve your simaris' quest before running with randoms.

I've never seen someone so aggressively adamant about promoting toxic gameplay. Congratz. 

1 minute ago, Yonm said:

I've never seen someone so aggressively adamant about promoting toxic gameplay. Congratz. 

I am not.

I'm just saying "deal with people's stupidity" because that's how the world work.

So what, do I have the right to ask DE the ability to grant immortality to any unit just because I don't want my teamates to kill it while I scan it for my codex ?

I thought it was common knowledge to run solo Capture missions to do synthesis target scanning?  I mean, many of us have been doing this for years. It is the quickest way to get it done. I can't have my targets showing up in the middle of a sortie or survival mission, that's distracting. I get it over with right away through Capture missions.

4 minutes ago, MystMan said:

I thought it was common knowledge to run solo Capture missions to do synthesis target scanning?  I mean, many of us have been doing this for years. It is the quickest way to get it done. I can't have my targets showing up in the middle of a sortie or survival mission, that's distracting. I get it over with right away through Capture missions.

This isn't about that. Sure, I could solo synth targets. My point is in casual play, I shouldn't miss out on syndicate points because someone wants to be a jerk or doesn't know what they're doing. This would save a lot of grief for a lot of players, like when DE fixed Tonkor bouncing teammates. It's benign, but it's an annoyance a lot of people have to deal with for no good reason.

8 hours ago, Yonm said:

There is clear solutions to the problem and you choose to ignore them. The synth targets are a SECONDARY objective, so would you also expect people not to go to an available extraction and wait around for you because you want to scan something that basically appears in almost every mission you might run anyway?

It's not YOUR mission, it is just ONE mission. You are not in charge as to what needs to be done or not done.

Demands to change an entire mechanic simply because you can't be bothered running a handful of missions solo to just get the scans is NOT a "solution".

Well, if you were looking for the synthesis target in the first place, you would have found him before the random guy that wants to kill him.

Second, they already have a huge amount of HP. I mean, come on, in yesterday's Sortie I shot what I though was a random Grineer during 5 or 6 seconds with Mesa's Peacemaker and I'm not sure he even felt any wound. Then I realized who that Superman was.

You also have the solution to ask your group not to kill him (a "please" is always welcome). Usually, people who kill the Synthesis target are simply not aware at all of what his purpose is. I personally discovered Simaris very, very late in the game as nothing lead you to him at anytime in this game and the second floor or Relays are just completely hidden. I discovered Simaris while searching for the way to acquire Exilus mod thingy.

Maybe something that can be done would be to add the Simaris line once you interact with the Synthesis target instead of when you start scanning it. With a clear "Don't kill him pl0x i need him ... for academic purposes" maybe.

Edited by Chewarette

14 hours ago, Yonm said:

There's no reason why they shouldn't. They run away from you so they don't interfere with missions. Too many synth targets get killed by trolls/ people who don't know better. Target Lives Matter.

They usually run away and don't interfere.

On the other hand I've had a synth target run around our MDef console dropping magnetic clouds all over it while shooting at the console and damaging it and I was faced with Either A) try to let the person who wants to scan this scan it and risk a mission failure, or B) Kill the target and ensure that the mission succeeds.

I chose B because I didn't want to risk a failure on an alert.
Also if you're target is a Napalm and it is attacking us and you haven't scanned it in about a minute I'm going to start killing it before it kills me.

Also not everyone has their simaris scanner equipped, or has infinite  charges.
I would love to be playing an Excavation or Survival mission with a completely immortal target running around and dropping magnetic clouds or slowing goop literally everywhere with absolutely nothing that can be done about him because either the one person with a scanner can't be bothered to scan him or they ran out of charges.

Finally: there should be some risk in scanning the target.
It shouldn't be a guaranteed "here have 3k+ simaris rep!"

43 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Maybe something that can be done would be to add the Simaris line once you interact with the Synthesis target instead of when you start scanning it. With a clear "Don't kill him pl0x i need him ... for academic purposes" maybe.

I would just like simaris to tell all players that there is a target in the mission.
Most of the time I don't get a single line and have absolutely no idea that a target is in the mission.

Edited by Tsukinoki

14 hours ago, Trichouette said:

There's no reason for them to be immortal.

A target dying is a risk, and it's for this particular reason that I find capture missions ridiculous.

To be fair, Capture missions and terrible and ridiculous for a number of reasons. Mysterious, universal power immunity first among them. I mean, here's a mission (like Synthesis scans) where our powers should shine as a means to tactically deal with a unique challenge.

Instead, in both instances, we get to chase around an immune target like moronic side kick cops in a B Rate police procedural. Its some of the dumbest mission design I have seen in all of my considerable years spent gaming. Right up there with Towers in Interception (seriously, how dated is their communications tech; this wouldnt work in OUR era) and Life Support in Survival. Honestly, mission design is not Warframe's strongest suit, and its becoming a problem.

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

To be fair, Capture missions and terrible and ridiculous for a number of reasons. Mysterious, universal power immunity first among them. I mean, here's a mission (like Synthesis scans) where our powers should shine as a means to tactically deal with a unique challenge.

Instead, in both instances, we get to chase around an immune target like moronic side kick cops in a B Rate police procedural. Its some of the dumbest mission design I have seen in all of my considerable years spent gaming. Right up there with Towers in Interception (seriously, how dated is their communications tech; this wouldnt work in OUR era) and Life Support in Survival. Honestly, mission design is not Warframe's strongest suit, and its becoming a problem.

And here you have the community offering feedback and potential reworks, and the devs not caring.

Better work on more cinematic quests and content that feature broken enemy scaling, that's much better.

(I even did submit a capture rework proposal once... but I knew that would be useless anyway, like most of this forum)

17 hours ago, Trichouette said:

I love how rather than coming up with a workable method to help various common problems in the Warframe community so many players' lazy-@$$ solution is just to play solo in a multiplayer game, or only play with people you know. If that's the case then my solution is to suggest they remove the "public" option for missions. Couldn't possibly need that if you are only willing to play with people you already know. That means' there is in fact something to fix if the solution so frequently comes to "play the game differently than the standard intended playstyle". 

6 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

I would just like simaris to tell all players that there is a target in the mission.
Most of the time I don't get a single line and have absolutely no idea that a target is in the mission.

Doesn't he ?

I'm sure he tells us when there is a capture target even if it's not yours. I don't know if he tells something to people who never did his questline though.

The only case where I'm not aware of the presence or not of a Synthesis Target is when I arrive in the mission after he made the announcement.