Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

32 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

why do the new frames HAVE to be something complex and out of the box? just look at the older ones: frost, ash, ember, mag....all very easy and simple names for simple warframes 

this is a music frame, so a simple music-y name is perfect for it, unlike some foreign name for a god with the same theme or the foreign word for it's theme in english >.>  

Ive got it! ARTSY will be the name since bards were playwrites, musicisns, authors and poets they can be called Artsy! Theres a nice simple appropriate name! 

No offense, but that seems way too in depth and convoluted for a name. I'd prefer a name I can comprehend without a doctorate in etymology.

I like the more straightforward names that the older Warframes had - they seem more like unit designations and less like specific individuals.

Something concise like 'Chord' would be good, although a clever play on words could see something like 'Melody' which refers to a typical female name, like Mag.

1 hour ago, dragonfuryattack said:

Vetis

I like it!

Though personally, some of the suggestions here like "Melody" or "Forte" is to me a bit....too expected? I mean sure if this was Warframe back in 2013, we can go with the obvious ones like the old Warframes (nothing wrong with them mind you) but these days it makes MMO classes look interesting and unique haha.

Again, nothing wrong with the older names and I do like some of them, but I'd prefer to not pick a name that's only surface-level and what some might argue, shallow.

Be it, it doesn't have to be convoluted, but I think actually sitting down and really thinking of something that's meaningful (like they have been) is much better way to go. I mean look at Chroma? Out of all the...."interesting" names a lot of the forum users were suggesting at the time, I believe don't hold a candlelight to what they went with lol.

As far what would I go with? Personally it depends on it's ability kit and where the influences of her aesthetics came from when they were designing her.
Other than Vetis, I've hear Auriar being mentioned which isn't too bad either.

Another interesting one would be the other (more modern) alternative word of saying the Greek name Lyris (not a fan of how Lyris sounds off the tounge, despite it being a female name), is Lyria. Which personally is what I would pick I suppose.

But knowing DE regardless, I'm sure they'll go with something meaningful!

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

26 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

No offense, but that seems way too in depth and convoluted for a name. I'd prefer a name I can comprehend without a doctorate in etymology.

I like the more straightforward names that the older Warframes had - they seem more like unit designations and less like specific individuals.

Something concise like 'Chord' would be good, although a clever play on words could see something like 'Melody' which refers to a typical female name, like Mag.

Someone gets what I mean. simple, classic and old is the best!

although why the f*** did he gets noticed >.>

Vetis sounds nice.

33 minutes ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

Another interesting one would be the other (more modern) alternative word of saying the Greek name Lyris (not a fan of how Lyris sounds off the tounge, despite it being a female name), is Lyria. Which personally is what I would pick I suppose.

I'm also liking Lyria.

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

You mean like Loki? Who is named after a mythological god? What's up with Nyx's name? Excal is mythological as well. I think most frames have names based in mythology or some ancient cultural reference.

Well we have had names of historical figures such as Vauban and Inaros. What if the Tenno of the future looked back and found inspiration from the 20thC?

What about: Marley. A feminine first name in tribute to a man who was not only a musician but was outspoken on topics of oppression and freedom. Like Inaros, a freedom fighter of a different sort.

I like the way the OP thinks (I often do similar stuff when coming up with names for things in RPGs), but as AM Bunny said, it's a little too intricate.

"Orpheus" would be great if it is a male frame.

"Lyria" is nice.

I'm thinking something like "Meloda" or "Symphora" though.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

18 hours ago, texrei said:

Just list them all, because every warframe does something good to his teammates. But it's really not what players usually call "support". Like you wanting your dedicated buffers (whose role most of them can partly play) i want my dedicated supports too. I mean that ones who are all about healing, giving energy and shields, reviving and doing other things directed to warframes, not enemies. Like Trinity but not Trinity

Yeah everybody ACTUALLY DOES SOMETHING FOR TEAM....even the fat-&#! rhino! But we don't have much of frames that are JUST SUPPORTING TEAMMATES, JUST BUFFING TEAMMATES (BTW Oberon is not support in my opinion....he is just terrible *shots fired*)

I felt the need to collect all (serious) name suggestions in one post, so that we - I - do not lose track of them.

7 hours ago, dragonfuryattack said:
Vetis

7 hours ago, Nurmetya said:

I still say Deekin is good name.

7 hours ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

Forte or Fortissimo

7 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

if it's a she, hathor sounds nice (egyptian music goddess), a he would be apollo i guess (greek)

7 hours ago, GRIFFONP said:

since he/she is a music based frame i would think silhouette would be a nice name for it.

7 hours ago, BaIthazar said:

Maybe Octavia, after the word Octave

6 hours ago, Misgenesis said:

Snare, because snare drums are god tier.

6 hours ago, (PS4)thedarkness1962 said:

Ive got it! ARTSY will be the name since bards were playwrites, musicisns, authors and poets they can be called Artsy! Theres a nice simple appropriate name! 

6 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

6 hours ago, Aquasurge said:

how about  Taliesin a 6th century Welsh bard known for writing the book of Taliesin.

5 hours ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

Auriar 

5 hours ago, 7Random77 said:

Just looking to his legs, name came into mind: Rachitis.

5 hours ago, --Q--Kilade said:

Why not Symphony? it's simple and symphonic :x 

3 hours ago, CipherXV said:

Orpheus a musician from Greek mythology who played the Lyre went to Hades in order to get his wife Eurydice back

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orpheus

2 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

Since DE said the bardframe will be female i would like her name to be:

- Alissa (named after the lead singer of Arch Enemy)

Or

- Doro (the queen of metal)

2 hours ago, Silvus-Sol said:

I'm thinking something like "Meloda" or "Symphora" though.

1 hour ago, Neptlude said:

Hymmnos?

Hymmeli?

2 minutes ago, S1ntoras said:

in my opinion i think symphonia as a name pretty good
i like the sound of it '' symphonia ''

I personally would also like the name "Aria", since I do believe it's going to be a female.