Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

On 08/02/2017 at 6:01 PM, chaotea said:

So first of all, theres a radio in the orbiter, which i generally turn off because i find some of the voices annoying (some of it sound badly acted, other bit dont make sense. Why is the grineer soldier not talking in grineer?, ect.) Still thats my preference and its cool if you like it.

I was thinking that when bardframe comes out it would be great if we could load our own step sequence songs onto this radio. Maybe even access other music files from within the game. Turn it into a jukebox thing.

P.S. Also, are we going to be able to get an A, B & C loadout version of the sequencer, or is it just one where we save and load locally? I dont mind either way, though the loadout one would be good for my pre-made loadout switching.

Why was this merged? I realise it was based on the general topic of whem the new bardframe is released, but its about the radio on the liset more than speculation on the frame.

13 hours ago, chaotea said:

Afraid not there. Look at this: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Grineer_Language under the 'speech section. Alternatively, listen to any grineer in the game apart from when bosses are talking to you.

The link you provided proves me to be correct in the very first paragraph you come to.

"The Grineer speak and write in English, however they use their own unique set of barcode letters with dot-matrix-styled 'cuts' made along their left edges to various depths. A dot present under each letter's bottom-right corner helps to determine correct orientation and makes it easy to tell if text has been flipped or rotated."

please read the whole source next time before you try to prove your point

Their pronunciations of the sounds maybe different, but their are just malformations of the English language, for example "Switching" becomes "Swutchuin" following the barcode letter system. 

Edited by (XB1)megaskull100

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)megaskull100 said:

Their pronunciations of the sounds maybe different, but their are just malformations of the English language, for example "Switching" becomes "Swutchuin" following the barcode letter system. 

This is my point though. When speaking in situations that they dont speak english to players for gameplay reasons, they speak their own version with their own pronunciations. So why is that broadcast purely english, not even a hint of grineer inflections.

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)megaskull100 said:

The link you provided proves me to be correct in the very first paragraph you come to.

I saw that, but i was refering to the section which is contry to that statement. Wikipedia's funny like that. Still, this is the summery that you should be interested in:

"With accordance to the Grineer Alphabet, the way the Grineer speak is, as said, strong, literal but atrociously stern, making some hearings to be unlikely and unheard of, yet rarely give off understandable results. Few are similar to English language, most have their own translation. "

The tone of the grineer language tends to be barking and rough. But the chatter on the radio is quite docile and calm.

Please read the whole source next time before you try to prove your point.

7 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

....... What?

Does it really need explaining?

BardFrame is coming with the ability to create new music in a similar format to that shown in the video.

YouTube content creators who upload Warframe videos primarily focus on recent additions to Warframe.

So, after BardFrame is released that is what we're likely to see from their channels.

14 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Does it really need explaining?

BardFrame is coming with the ability to create new music in a similar format to that shown in the video.

YouTube content creators who upload Warframe videos primarily focus on recent additions to Warframe.

So, after BardFrame is released that is what we're likely to see from their channels.

Semi similar, but they went for a record look with only four bars.

I use to compose in midi format back in the 90's so I'm still not sure what the video is for, I watched it briefly and I think the OP chose it only for the silly art.

11 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Semi similar, but they went for a record look with only four bars.

I use to compose in midi format back in the 90's so I'm still not sure what the video is for, I watched it briefly and I think the OP chose it only for the silly art.

Semantics. You wouldn't say semi skimmed milk isn't milk.

So you're not correcting me by saying it's ''Semi similar''.

It's similar, especially to someone who isn't a music boffin (the majority of people), that's all that matters.