The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

Hmm... trying not to use names already suggested...

For classical, Euphony, Aria, Octavia, Ceasura, Capriccio, Arpeggio, Fortissimo (I like that one, literally means Very Loud), Allegrezza, Bravura, Fugue, Vibrato, Virtuoso.

For modern, Reverb, Soumisaundi, Outro, Crossfade... Not so up with modern...

Anything?

ev9278A.jpg

So, we know that a Bard music-Warframe is coming, and we've heard the names of some of the abilities..

Tune Up, Drop D, Pied Piper, and Amplifier(sounds so lit)(got sources from AGGP)

What do you think these abilities do? What do you want them to do? What ability name did you want? TALK!!!!!!

Thanks for posting

Edited by Warlord1400

16 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

We were told that one of her abilities was a song-writer thing, where the player could write a short loop of a song, making her extremely customizable.

Yeah, that's 90% of where my hype comes from! BTW I definitely expect some sort of debuffs and cc from her.

Edited by Warlord1400

One option is to be something we customize from the arsenal and bring in a mission.

Another option is to be something our abilities used in various sequence will determine and the ult will boost the performance.

In any case I presume it'll be a multi-role frame like Equinox spanning a huge potential skill set with offence and defense powers alike but of course I think it'll be more focused on buffs/debuffs due to the classical bard character.

19 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

We were told that one of her abilities was a song-writer thing, where the player could write a short loop of a song, making her extremely customizable.

So what you're saying is that I can wipe out entire armies with the power of The Nutshack?

31 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Isnt the Bard frame male? Titania was female so I thought the next one was gonna be male but I haven't watched the newest devstream yet, just read tidbits on Reddit.

Edited by Hieracon

I feel like the step sequencer might play a major part in all of the abilities.

Hmm..

Ability 1 are the 'one-shots': one-off sounds that play/cast once every so often as required. Say a Cymbal Crash could cause a small area Knockdown; a Trumpet blast might stagger opponents in front of you.

Ability 2 is an Ostinato/metronome beat: it is a toggle and plays one regular sound, casting a low-powered AoE pulse. Perhaps you can choose from Drum (Impact damage), Violin (Slash damage), Trumpet (Puncture damage)

Ability 3 could be a repeated Arpeggio/chord progression: select any three 'notes' using any of 10 elements that correspond to the Chromatic Scale: Heat (C), Cold(C#), Electric(D), Toxin(D#), Blast (E), Magnetic(F), Corrosive (F#), Radiation(G), Gas(G#), Viral (A) + Health stat boost (A#) and Movement stat boost (B) . These would 'loop' in sequence, but grant elemental buffs to weapon attacks depending on the frequency of the notes used. e.g. Heat - Heat - Heat would grant +30% heat damage; Cold - Radiation - Blast would grant +10% damage for each

Ability 4 could be a Melodic sequence, the 'song' part of your custom song, the sounds would be fully customised, but the effect might be as simple as providing an overall team boost and enemy debuff

You would then be able to 'play' your abilities, e.g. use Ability 2 to provide a backbeat, Ability 3 to build up some chords, Ability to 4 to perform the melody, and every so often, hit Ability 1.

:D

Edit: Nevermind. Did not realise the frame's abilities were already named.

Edited by RunningTree3

28 minutes ago, Hieracon said:

Isnt the Bard frame male? Titania was female so I thought the next one was gonna be male but I haven't watched the newest devstream yet, just read tidbits on Reddit.

Because we got wukong and nezha without a girl between so , the bard frame will be female to balance the ratio

1 hour ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Because we got wukong and nezha without a girl between so , the bard frame will be female to balance the ratio

Yes but Inaros didnt really help with that. Have there actually been any official mention of the gender or are we simply going by guess work here?

Also i dont know about Bard frames first or second ability but guessing from the name of the third ability Pied Piper, i think its going to make enemies follow you or atleast be CCed by Bard frames music somehow.  Amplifier probaly boosts the powers of Bard frame or mabye its allies.

1 hour ago, RunningTree3 said:

Edit: Nevermind. Did not realise the frame's abilities were already named.

I know right? I had a bunch of parody ones lined up.

DDR: Summons a hip asian child to assist you in duets.

Beethoven: A passive that mutes the screen every time Vay Hek appears.

Scrill x: A loud painful noise is emitted from musicframe then the beat drops and the afflicted all become braindead hipsters.

I wonder the ability of this frame would work as Hunting Horn in Monster Hunter.
Ability 1 is a green note, perhaps a heal pulse.
Ability 2 is a blue note, perhaps a shield boost.
Ability 3 is a red note, perhaps a damage boost.
And ult is according the sequence of your note, it will have different effect on your teammate or enemy.
You can start from 4:48