The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mediocre weapons that work wonders with enough dedication

Cyborg-Rox

Just now, Sador1978 said:

Folk complain about the Stradavar being underpowered, but I've got 4 or 5 forma on it and it cooks pretty good.  It's no Soma Prime, but nothing is.  It looks nice and can be a crit or a status gun.

AAB7F63ADADF5761BC65B515D6DD2D9D8519B1D9

3 minutes ago, PR1D3 said:

I forma overkilled my Sobek. I love it so much especially with the Syndicate modifier. Still trying to farm Acid Shells for it to see how it plays.

Sobek is on my list to ramp up with forma.  I've forma'd the Zhuge and it's punch is unbelievable.  The Sobek feels very much like it's shotgun cousin.

4 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

RyaqeMq.png

Yes, the Karak Wraith. Yes, all Primed Bane mods. Yes, 7 Polarities. Why? Because it's the absolute best looking rifle in the entire game (in my opinion), along with having excellent utility. I just absolutely adore this rifle! When I heard about its introduction in the event, and the fact that it had double magazine size over the normal Karak, I literally screamed at the top of my lungs!

When I got it, I was a bit bothered that it wasn't all that great though, and that it couldn't be coloured, but as time went on, with new tools and enough dedication (A LOT of it) I managed to change all of that! Now this baby is using the Karak Conclave skin, and mashes out a crazy 23569 burst DPS, something that's right up there with the Boltor Prime and Soma. Maybe even exceeding them with that nice status chance? 

Have any of you gone this crazy with dedication to turn a weapon you love into the absolute best it can be? (And by weapons you love, I'm not talking about OP stats. I'm talking about appearance, general 'feel', and fun factor. If you can't relate to this, you might be too deep into the meta)

:U THE KARAK WRAITH IS NOT MEDIOCRE!...I use that thing all the time!

5 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

RyaqeMq.png

Yes, the Karak Wraith. Yes, all Primed Bane mods. Yes, 7 Polarities. Why? Because it's the absolute best looking rifle in the entire game (in my opinion), along with having excellent utility. I just absolutely adore this rifle! When I heard about its introduction in the event, and the fact that it had double magazine size over the normal Karak, I literally screamed at the top of my lungs!

When I got it, I was a bit bothered that it wasn't all that great though, and that it couldn't be coloured, but as time went on, with new tools and enough dedication (A LOT of it) I managed to change all of that! Now this baby is using the Karak Conclave skin, and mashes out a crazy 23569 burst DPS, something that's right up there with the Boltor Prime and Soma. Maybe even exceeding them with that nice status chance? 

Have any of you gone this crazy with dedication to turn a weapon you love into the absolute best it can be? (And by weapons you love, I'm not talking about OP stats. I'm talking about appearance, general 'feel', and fun factor. If you can't relate to this, you might be too deep into the meta)

Builds like this make me laugh and cry at the same time, all that damage and if the enemy hides behind 1 sheet of tissue paper it is all for naught. Multiple enemies emerging, have fun wasting time/ammo killing them 1 by 1, At least with Shred you get 2 at a time and you can ignore some cover. Punch through is immensely useful but hey people seem to prefer theoretical scenarios and numbers. 

6-forma Flux Rifle, oh yes. I've decided to "Make Flux Rifle Great Again"

I have it set up for Infestation Outbreaks, and it pretty much melts anything it comes in contact with. I put Combustion Beam on there to help with crowd control, Broodmothers. and mutalist Ospreys.

Serration, Combustion Beam, Split Chamber, Primed Bane of Infested, Hellfire, Fanged Fusillade, Infected Clip, Malignant Force

Has ammo economy issues on certain missions and isn't ideal for Ancients, but shreds infested like they're made of melted butter. Works fine anywhere on the starchart to melt them easily, but haven't used it in Sorties since things are a lot different there.

I'm sure some of these Runners are good people, but I had to build this Flux Rifle to keep them out.

2 particular weapons come to mind:

5 Forma - [red] critical Rubico

No elemental mods currently since I have no room for it lol. Though I have a separate build if needed be for certain resistant-Sorties.

5 Forma - Kohm

My one and only♡ Hasn't left my side since she debuted. You can probably guess this is my favourite weapon lol.

This weapon I also find a bit strange that it isn't used that much anymore, despite not needing to invest that much to get some great damage out if it. Maybe 1 Forma minimum?

But of course with almost any weapon, you put in the time and resources for your ideal build, it really does and will payoff, especially seeing the potential damage/performance you can do!

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

7 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Then the MR6 excalibur runs by, shoots a single tonkor grenade and steals all your kils.  hue hue hue

I kid, I kid. Will be adding my 7th forma to mk1 brat. And no, I won't be adding 10 forma because "OH look at me, I'm so special, I added 50 forma to a single item", I'm adding my 7th forma because now that we got primed cryo, 6 forma just doesn't cut it anymore. And I'll be damned if I have to use an mk1-brat that is missing a mod for War Within. Other than that, my lato and skana are ready to rock WW.

3 hours ago, TwistedDee said:

Builds like this make me laugh and cry at the same time, all that damage and if the enemy hides behind 1 sheet of tissue paper it is all for naught. Multiple enemies emerging, have fun wasting time/ammo killing them 1 by 1, At least with Shred you get 2 at a time and you can ignore some cover. Punch through is immensely useful but hey people seem to prefer theoretical scenarios and numbers. 

No need to be harsh just because I don't use your precious punchthrough. First of all, using 4 elements like this gets me the perfect balance of Ferrite and Alloy armor damage, along with pushing up that status chance as well. Second, the Karak Wraith can already be pretty ammo inefficient if you don't use it carefully. Increasing fire-rate just makes that worse, not to mention the reduced sustained DPS. And finally, third, I've just never found punchthrough that useful personally. I haven't tried it out much apart from weapons that have it innately, though I do use Seeking Fury on my Vaykor Hek.

1 minute ago, Blakrana said:

I may not be there yet...but I will make Sicarus Prime usable. Just pondering how I want to go about it.

Hmm... I'd try my hand at a status build. 10% might not seem like much, but with 180% multishot and some dual-stat elements it might just be decent.

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

Hmm... I'd try my hand at a status build. 10% might not seem like much, but with 180% multishot and some dual-stat elements it might just be decent.

Yeah, how I'm thinking of going with it. Especially with how Burst fire ramps that as well in practice. Though I may double check the crit, see if Primed Gambit could be plausible to squeeze a bit more out. Hopefully I can brew up some forma for it.

It's a nice gun aesthetically, and deserves better.

Though I admit some nice alternative burst pistols would be nice. We've got what...five total? Sicarus and it's Prime, Kraken, Ballistica and it's Rakta. Might be forgetting something, but don't think so. Elemental burst could be interesting...

Boar Prime was the original status shotgun, and still very much is. Its like a more versatile version of the Tigris Prime, trading less damage for automatic firing and a bigger clip. I modded mines for crit+100% status and its a beast.