The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waframe Twitter, The War Within Hype Site Day 5 - Opposing Forces: [Megathread]

Eldnacpeek

Does anybody check the stream announcements?

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

This FRIDAY November 11th, Rebecca and Megan are joined in the studio by wgrates and DanieltheDemon as they experience The War Within for the very first time. The night will be split up as both wgrates and DanieltheDemon play the first parts of the quest individually (as we react), followed by conspiracy crafting as to what they both have witnessed. We don't want to spoil the quest fully for you on the first day, but there will be parts of it revealed so beware! 

Which is pretty much a direct statement that it's coming out on Friday.

3 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

One cannot serve two masters and remain sane.

Consider me not a fan of the queens edgelord look.

'oOOH OOOH LOOK AT HOW @(*()$ EDGY i AM WITH MY RED EYES AND ASH COLORED EVERYTHING ELSE i'VE MADE IT SO I LOOK LIKE I"M PERMANENTLY CRYING~ ooooo EVEN MY FREAKING ELITE GRINEER UNITS ARE RED AND BLACK! FEAR ME!

I'm not a fan either.

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Tried to get a better mental image of whatever this symbols seems to represent and crudely reconstructed how it would look uncropped. Didn't really cause any revelations, but hey, it was worth a shot.

Hide contents

0jZOaR1.jpg

The purple background and weird symbol make me think it's maybe introducing Void damage, only accessible by Operators.

Perhaps it's one of their abilities' icon.

13 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

The purple background and weird symbol make me think it's maybe introducing Void damage, only accessible by Operators.

Perhaps it's one of their abilities' icon.

That's actually a rather nice thought. I like that. Something entirely new damage wise.
I like your way of thinking. :P

2 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Tried to get a better mental image of whatever this symbols seems to represent and crudely reconstructed how it would look uncropped. Didn't really cause any revelations, but hey, it was worth a shot.

Hide contents

0jZOaR1.jpg

That looks like a sloppily drawn Star of David.

Maybe people who call New Loka space nazis weren't joking afterall.

6 hours ago, GorgontheMorgon said:

wait what is this opposing forces thing? I checked the page and there was only a teshin quote and nothing else

If I'm anywhere near on point...

Spoiler

Umbra System AKA corrupted focus if the teaser is anything to go by (which concretely speaking it isn't).

12 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

That looks like a sloppily drawn Star of David.

Maybe people who call New Loka space nazis weren't joking afterall.

Actually if you look closely it is two triangles that overlap each other... one being upside-down.

One thing I have heard about that specific symbol (two overlapping triangles) is they are an alchemical symbol representing Aether

2 minutes ago, 45neo said:

Actually if you look closely it is two triangles that overlap each other... one being upside-down.

One thing I have heard about that specific symbol (two overlapping triangles) is they are an alchemical symbol representing Aether

if youre in that, or for whomever which has a chance and can understand, short before energy moves into a physical expression, a triangle-form is needed that it can happen

but dont beat me to it if im wrong, im just guessing innocently (^^

Just now, aoguro said:

if youre in that, or for whomever which has a chance and can understand, short before energy moves into a physical expression, a triangle-form is needed that it can happen

but dont beat me to it if im wrong, im just guessing innocently (^^

Nah I am not into alchemy just something I heard once from another theory on another game... but still.... 

Well whatever it is it's probs got something to do with a new game mechanic which probs has to do with combat.