Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW] General Feedback

[DE]Danielle

28 minutes ago, ScottDaniels said:

TWW, so far is best summed up as "What am I suppose to do?"

I get the the archwing section and look around and wonder, "What am I suppose to do?"

I get through that and get to where the keys are needed but only 2 showed up on my first try so again I was wondering, "What am I suppose to do?"

I got to the maws, "What am I suppose to do?"

I got back to the ship and my sentinel was killing me, "What am I suppose to do?"

Now I've made it to the fatties and keep dying even using my transference abilities, "What am I suppose to do?"

Agreed. This entire quest has way too few directions for a solo-only, "locks you in until you're done" non-space ninja quest in a, guess what? Co-op Space Ninja game.

Well, joke's on DE this time - I got a 50%-off discount for my daily bonus today, and I don't even need to consider using it now.

28 minutes ago, ScottDaniels said:

Also this, make the player weaker to make them strong again thing, the next big cinematic update should move away from it.  It'd also be nice if we wouldn't be restricted from sprinting and if some of these choices we make during the quest would be explained.

Also agreed. This is clearly cliche territory.

Edited by Mattoropael

Tangentially related to the quest:

Spoiler

After finishing the quest and gaining the ability to walk around the Orbiter as your Operator, I noticed something terrible while interacting with the incubator segment: You can't "interact" with kubrows as the Operator. It's a little thing, I know, but come on! What cruelty is this that the Tenno aren't allowed to play with their faithful space dog companions?

Just finished the quest and LOVED IT!!!
Amazing stuff DE, the cinematics, dialogue, characters and gameplay sections were all fantastic!

If I were to criticize something it would be that like Warframe as a whole, some parts just don't explain very well what you're supposed to do. In particular:

Spoiler

How to escape your ship during the 'purging' and how to run from the ravenous golden maw. Also Teshin's dialogue when fighting the guards should definitely have subtitles and should be repeated if the player doesn't kill one after a while.

In the end though my only real complaint is that I wish there were more! I need more! 

Thank you everyone at DE for bringing us this amazing quest! The wait was worth it! Looking forward to the next one already!

Hi, I ws playing before the hotfix came out, so red text came while i was on the mountain in operator form. I encountered this bug where upon me finishing the quest, the screen says "An updated version of warframe is available now. Restart the launcher to receive updates" (or something like that). 

I didn't get a mission completion window, I didn't get the Orvius Blueprint, didn't get the broken sceptre, I didn't even get a riven mod, I didn't get xp for my weapons. My inbox got no new message contains TWW stuff.

But my codex says I have completed the quest

Please fix this soon

Basically I got nothing from the quest ---- other than the ability to walk around in operator form, that's awesome

Edited by TheTimeLord101
Operators need love and TWW typo

4 minutes ago, TheTimeLord101 said:

Hi, I ws playing before the hotfix came out, so red text came while i was on the mountain in operator form. I encountered this bug where upon me finishing the quest, the screen says "An updated version of warframe is available now. Restart the launcher to receive updates" (or something like that). 

I didn't get a mission completion window, I didn't get the Orvius Blueprint, didn't get the broken sceptre, I didn't even get a riven mod, I didn't get xp for my weapons. My inbox got no new message contains TWWE stuff.

But my codex says I have completed the quest

Please fix this soon

Basically I got nothing from the quest

The exact same thing for me.

I enjoyed the lore expansion immensely and the new tileset is fantastic.

Spoiler

My only gripes has to be the Operator only sections, which sadly is a lot of the important parts.

My major issues was a bug that made using a controller useless. All I could manage to do was run, jump, use the burst, and fire the beam. That was all. While I have no qualms with using the keyboard, it is not my preferred style.

As for the actual segments, they felt tedious. Once I reached the fight with the guards it had gone from something different and unique, to annoying and frustrating.

The lack of room for error and having to go through the cutscene on the final fight if you failed. As well during the final fight I encountered the first person bug as the operator multiple times.

The story was great, I just wished the gameplay itself felt more fluid and less restrictive.

Edited by Vitagox

Unless the decisions in the dialogue are supposed to affect upcoming systems (or foreshadowing a new quest, which I highly recommend you don't hype early given this fiasco), I'd really like the quest to be replayable to see what the other options do. I did neutral the entire time and I want to be good.

Also, thanks for not letting me know that having a frame with tons of raw health would be better than bringing a Loki...

Edited by R34LM

Overall I liked the update. Good story, mind-blowingly amazing tileset.

I really like the asteroid base. I'll measure every new tileset's worth by the asteroid base.

It's unique, it encourages you to pay attention, and it plays well with parkour 2.0, mostly. Very good.

Haven't touched the weapons yet so no feedback.

Story didn't turn out the way I expected, which is good. It feels a tad less personal than I thought it would though. The animations were amazing though, as well as the music. The fight at the end was kinda tense too.

I should say though, I'm not a fan of the two major systems added in this update. Potato seems really lacking in uses compared to just piloting the frame, until those

guards come out to play, and then only then. I've tried using Tenno form to initiate fights by dashing in and shockwaving but I'd rather just maul them with my sword.

I thought you guys got rid of random mods for a reason too. These riven mods seem like a headache because of all the grinding involved with them. You might get a completely impossible challenge with them, from what I've seen, and then after you manage to do it, you hope and pray that maybe this thing will be for your favorite weapon, and that hopefully too it'll have some proper modifiers on it. It's all sorts of bothersome, it sounds like. Heck, I might just buy one for my weapons when they come out. There's also the question of whether or not they work with exalted weapons.

Anyways, thanks for the update, thanks for all this hard work involved in getting it out, try to get some rest this weekend.

EDIT: Also, would it be too much to ask the reroll cost to not be in Kuva? Like, I really don't want this one major mechanic to be tied to farming high level grineer instead of fighting the 4 other factions. Credits, literally anything else would be better.

Edited by Ventura_Highway

A few of the Riven Mod objectives seem a little unreasonable. Most of them you can do with most any frame or weapon it fits on with enough skill, but one I had, complete a defense with rank 30+ enemies without the objective taking any damage alone, seems to require either a super-ultra-meta CC build on an overbalanced frame with a potentially world-ending weapon or sheer luck to complete.

And no, they don't mean health damage, one peck on the shields and you get failed.

I'm also not sold on the randomness of the Riven Mods themselves. One thing this game needs less of is RNG, and I feel like you've just cranked it to 11 with these.

Was hoping this would turn things around.

Then I learned about forced Archwing segments in the new quest. Which my coop partner cannot do, because of motion sickness, and which neither of us actually enjoy.

So yeah...it really is time to move on.

Good luck, DE. I hope things get better.

i see a few players here have the same unfortunate luck as me, i finished TWW quest but did not get anything. PLUS i used the promocode too and did not get my Glyph. 

I enjoyed the quest very much, so much so that i wanted more of it, or at least a repeatable quest for TWW (hopefully all quests if possible). but not getting rewarded upon finishing a quests is a pretty lousy feeling. especially when parts of the quest requires you to choose a certain path and upon getting no reward, it felt like i made the wrong choices and for that I wasn't rewarded. i hope this is not true.