Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

before setting the forums on fire because of riven mods

GrimAtrament

Honestly, if we wait and stay quite, there's a high chance our feedback will go unnoticed. It seems that the only way to really get a change the way we want it is to react to it as we did with the Vacuum changes.

I'm not trying to offend DE here, but sometimes, I wonder if their applying common sense to some of their newer content.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Honestly, if we wait and stay quite, there's a high chance our feedback will go unnoticed. It seems that the only way to really get a change the way we want it is to react to it as we did with the Vacuum changes.

I'm not trying to offend DE here, but sometimes, I wonder if their applying common sense to some of their newer content.

But that's assuming that everyone agrees. I disagreed with the vacuum changes and I disagree with the thought that Riven Mods are inherently bad.

I got a Simulor Riven mod that gives +140% dmg, +90% fire... only for 300p.

Traded for it, got it, just like that.

Endgame content for veterans, my arse...

I love having more power, but, man... all pretenses are gone now.

Bye, bye, power creep. Say hello to full-out power sprint!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If D.E really wanted to introduce endgame content for veterans...

They had to make the Riven mods, untradeable.

Edited by NativeKiller

3 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

I got a Simulor Riven mod that gives +140% dmg, +90% fire... only for 300p.

Traded for it, got it, just like that.

End content for veterans, my arse...

I love having more power, but, man... all pretenses are gone now.

Bye, bye, power creep. Say hello to power sprint!

My god kill it with fire. Such mods are not meant for mortals.

I honestly fail to see whats the fuzz with them... Yeah some of them are strong but the amount of limitations (way to obtain, RNG for stats, farming for resource, weapon exclusiveness, etc) seem like a fair counter to their power.

Besides... its a PvE game, why is everyone so obsessed with balance. We already have abilities that are extremely powerful yet no one is complaining about them.

Just now, JSharpie said:

But that's assuming that everyone agrees. I disagreed with the vacuum changes and I disagree with the thought that Riven Mods are inherently bad.

Aye, true, yet to be honest, majority rules. It seems the majority hates Riven Mods and wanted Universal Vacuum.

I myself felt the Vacuum change was needed (the range nerf was understandable, yet it needed to be decreased a tad, not half way), and I still feel Riven Mods need some serious issues fixed (weapons getting damage types they can't use, perfectly fine weapons getting Riven Mods, reroll costs not being the same, rerolls that improve off of a predetermined set of buffs for each weapon and some tasks for Riven completion being utterly ridiculous).

How does an artist know how they can improve when they can't see what they've done wrong if they're not told? You can't just expect them to realize every potential problem and improvement for this by themselves if it got into the game in this state.

Why should we wait to hear their thoughts if we don't give our feedback now? If we don't tell them what does and doesn't work, from our viewpoint, there's a good chance they'll just think everything about it is fine. They add something, we give our feedback on it, that's how it's always worked. What will holding back our thoughts and waiting for their opinions on it achieve?

Edited by AdunSaveMe

6 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

How does an artist know how they can improve when they can't see what they've done wrong if they're not told? You can't just expect them to realize every potential problem and improvement for this by themselves if it got into the game in this state.

Why should we wait to hear their thoughts if we don't give our feedback now? If we don't tell them what does and doesn't work, from our viewpoint, there's a good chance they'll just think everything about it is fine. They add something, we give our feedback on it, that's how it's always worked. What will holding back our thoughts and waiting for their opinions on it achieve?

exept de is gone most the time on the weekend so your basically preaching to a empty room 

30 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

exept de is gone most the time on the weekend so your basically preaching to a empty room 

D.E  will be able to see the feedback when they come back.

The feedback threads won't be going anywhere.

Edited by NativeKiller

8 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

Is all this feedback is going to be gone by the time the weekend is over? No, it isn't.

While we're here, we do what the forums have always done; form better opinions and feedback based on discussion.

20 minutes ago, Arniox said:

idk why everyone is complaining about riven mods. They're the best thing that's ever happened to the game. They're awesome as hell.

I can understand why people would feel this way, but we can't just party now and worry about the hangover later.

We need to take a sober look at the problems this could cause in the long run. Otherwise, we risk destroying the game for the sake of a little short-term fun.

Well.

I appreciate the concept, but as it is right now, it's utter S#&$e.

First of all, you can get nonsensical stats. For example, I got +flight speed on the quanta. 

Wat.

Then I see people posting pictures of soma and dread mods with 100+ slash and 100+ crit chance attributes.

WHAT.

WHO  IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA. If you're supposed to use this for bringing old weapons up to scratch, why would you give buffs to weapons that don't need it?

?????

Some weapons need to be excluded, some stats should not apply to some weapons. Kuva shouldn't increase with each roll, Kuva siphons should spawn more consistently.

Because if you're encouraging grind and RNG in our mod stats now, you had better give us ways to keep rolling without artificially making it harder.

This is essentially transmutation in mandatory form now.

Don't give me that crap that 'you don't need it, therefore it's alright!'

No, it's not alright-the difference between having riven mods on and off is HUGE. In capital letter, italicised, bolded and underlined for emphasis.

In theory it's a nice system, but it should have limits, because it's like players x,y and z getting serrations with x,y and z% damage addition. It's not balanced, they should be getting equal additions if they roll for the attribute. Why do I say this? It's because you can only hold a finite number of mods, they require challenge to unlock,can only be gained at a finite rate of one per day, and they require a resource to roll again in addition to endo to rank up.

We need ways to skew the RNG, if you insist on having it remain.

So you see, the problems are self evident. I fail to see your point. OP: it isn't an unreleased feature, it isn't a concept that was teased. It's a system implemented and there to give feedback on. What the devs will be doing on stream will be answering and considering our feedback.

From a outside view and look at these new mods.

1. Not sure about the difficulty in TWW but currently nothing is really a challenge we are already insanely OP (further power creeping was not needed).

2. Mods that have any RNG element in their stats is bad , more seen in mobile f2P games like Galaxy of Heroes (almost killed the game).

3. The challenge task of these new mods is unreal , really love the idea hope they are not as bad as suggested.

4. They should NOT be allowed to be traded. These should feel like a worthy goal not pay for the best version of the mod. Then again their intention may be out of profits not veterans.

looking forward to seeing how the end result looks before given to us console players. :)

2 hours ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Except there is a huge difference.

A lot of people agree'd that the vacuum changes were bad. 

Not everyone thinks the Riven mods are bad. Some really love them. You won't get the same reaction that the vacuum changes caused.

2 hours ago, hazerddex said:

why dont we wait for the dev stream to hear what the devs think about it?

It just rediculuos. I can understood ppl who say "let's wait release" before talk about dev.stream, but even with em i'm disagree. We can talk about concept even. Actually, this is what smart people do -- think and talk before they do something.

But i just can't see logic of your point at all. We already have update. It cannot be reverted. What else i can hear now?

1 hour ago, notlamprey said:

I can understand why people would feel this way, but we can't just party now and worry about the hangover later.

We need to take a sober look at the problems this could cause in the long run. Otherwise, we risk destroying the game for the sake of a little short-term fun.

Agreed.

Riven Mods are akin to gambling away your hard work for an incredibly powerful buff, with an equal chance to get a horrendous downgrade in the same instance.

That, simply put, isn't good.

25 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

Except there is a huge difference.

A lot of people agree'd that the vacuum changes were bad. 

Not everyone thinks the Riven mods are bad. Some really love them. You won't get the same reaction that the vacuum changes caused.

True, yet the Riven Mods themselves, in one way or another, can use some improvement.