Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 19.0.3

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hotfix 19.0.3

Changes:

• Greater Lenses can now be found through Sortie rewards in addition to Regular Lenses. Note this doesn't affect the drop chance of other items within Sorties, just the Focus Lens school of drops now has more options.

• The Zarr has received a balance pass:
      - Crit Chance increased from 10% to 15%

- Status Chance increased from 15% to 20%

- Barrage range increased from 12m to 15m

- Barrage reload time now matches Cannon reload time

- Added Punch Through to Barrage mode

- Removed Self Damage from secondary cluster bombs

Fixes

• Fixed the stealth Affinity multiplier not giving you more Affinity and Focus despite it saying it is.

• Fixed Volt's Arrester helmet having tinting issues.

• Fixed issue with Motion Blur on Profile Dioramas.

Spoiler Changes & Fixes :

Hide contents

Fixes:

• Fixed Orvius parts being exchanged for Ducats.

That was odd for me when saw orvius part are on prime part section , this hotfix answer my curiousity , thanks DE~!! especially for that stealth affinity fix

but some sound on nekros animation on my oberon still missing , but i find its fine on nekros it self . some of my kavat sound missing too when i interact with em

Edited by Nattand

The problem with riven mods is that there's no balance to them. It's a slot machine of powers that can lead to the kind of thing you see here:

Spoiler

CxNZIpiW8AArZUS.jpg:large

This isn't reasonable at all. This isn't even an improvement to gameplay, it's just taking the existing problems with things like mandatory damage mods, cranking it to 11, and snapping off the knob. This is a problem, and it needs to be stopped.

1 minute ago, ZackOak said:

The problem with riven mods is that there's no balance to them. It's a slot machine of powers that can lead to the kind of thing you see here:

Hide contents

CxNZIpiW8AArZUS.jpg:large

This isn't reasonable at all. This isn't even an improvement to gameplay, it's just taking the existing problems with things like mandatory damage mods, cranking it to 11, and snapping off the knob. This is a problem, and it needs to be stopped.

Too OP for damage n price on trade chat , well i like the riven concept but make the status too OP for multiple status mod was kinda meh

The other problem with Riven mods is that it makes less-useful weapons okay, and the top weapons impossible to scale for. You can't make karak better than a simulor, no matter how much damage you add to it with a riven mod, because the same mod can exist for a simulor, and even if it's one that's half of what the one for something like Karak can do, it's still miles ahead of another, less powerful weapon.

11 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Well, maybe there's a another node, but I tried two in a row in Dakata and did not see the UI for the Caches.

I'll try out other nodes and Dakata again when I have time.

It seems they removed them from the assault gamemode and forgot to actually add them to the exterminate gamemode 

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

It's not the vast majority because the vast majority don't even post on the forums.

Where is the evidence? I've linked you a poll with a sample size of 6k, filled out by people from various places, not just here. If a poll of a sample size of nearly 6k people, where the majority of people said they hated or disliked the mods isn't good enough for you then nothing is. It's just you being stubborn and in denial.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

It's the loud minority and even then there's two sides.

There's two sides and the side loving the mods are in minority. Also, again, the majority opinion of poll with the sample size of 6k is not a loud minority. Simply not true.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

None of the problems people have stated are legit in any way.

Pretty sure power creep turning into power sprint while they were meant to do the opposite (making older weapons stronger, thus reducing the overall power of the newer ones); destabilization of the plat economy with turning the game a little bit P2W; grind made an awful experience by RNG; mods not being able to be farmed, it also being RNG (other than plat purchase, and even then in some cases); 7 layers of RNG affecting the mods in general; them being just stat changes instead of creative unique stuff; the kuva cost of rerolling a mod increasing infinitely (with possibly worst results), the whole thing just being a lottery; and them just being generally unhealthy for the game etc., most of these ARE legit issues.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

They're nothing but excuses by people who don't understand game economics and don't value play time. They simply want everything right away and would destroy any long term play value this game could ever have in order to get what they want.

Insulting people with baseless accusations and nearly labeling them as immature and needy isn't gonna win you the argument.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

I'm the first person to bark at DE when they make a mistake

I don't believe you.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

but this is not one of those cases.

Yes it is. See reasons above.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

This is the best update they've done in over a year.

That doesn't mean you can downplay the issues with the update. The quest was fun, even if short for the amount invested in it. The new tileset is beautiful. New weapons are fun. However just because of these things ignoring and downplaying the legit issues with the riven mods is unfair and a fan being blatantly defensive in the face of criticism. You can't even say that there was just criticism, there are dozens of great ideas around in how DE could make Riven mods more fun to deal with.

39 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Yea the people complaining about Riven mods being too strong obviously haven't seen a Naramon Banshee swing Galantine Prime for 45million AoE.

Those are two different things, X being Y and Z being even more Y too doesn't mean that Z diminishes and can downplay the Y issue of X.

And the problem isn't that riven mods are strong. It's not even the case. Most riven mods are utter crap. The problem is that those that are strong, for already very strong weapons introduce the very power creep the devs themsleves meant to eliminate by introducing riven mods. The existence of the a tonkor mod that does increased damage, increased crit damage and has increased crit chance goes against the intent of the devs and makes the approaching Damage 3.0 rework even more complicated. They wanted to remove Serration and friends and now they introduce things like the aforementioned tonkor mod. Clearly they didn't think this through, if one has a good faith in the devs intentions.

39 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Riven mods give players something long term to do. For once content that lasts more than a day.

True, but it's also a tedious, boring and unfun RNGfest. It's already getting boring (and frustrating) after me only having farmed 20k kuvas. I know that last part is a subjective opinion, but here are the facts: The RNG involved for the effort/reward ratio is just not good design.

I'm done with trying to change your mind though, it's clear that you are adamant on loving the riven mods despite the glaring issues that exist with them, so I'm just wasting both of our times if I carry on.

Edited by Separius

22 minutes ago, Legion216 said:

The fact that they are making old weapons good is GREAT.

You know what isn't? How much RNG it's stuck behind. You know whta else? The fact that after spending a hard earned resource on it, the stat rolls are random, meaning they can go down. And they frequently do. Spending Kuva (or any other resource) on ANYTHING should ONLY make things better, guaranteed. It's like spending Endo on a mod and there being a chance that the rank actually goes down.  

Ok? It is an MMO. You want to know an mmo that is much worse when it comes to RNG? Vindictus. You use your mats to upgrade and after a certain point it then gains a chance to destroy your gear and waste your mats :D So, having RNG like this is nothing. It just adds to the longevity of the game and just because you can't get perfect rolls in the first amount few days doesn't mean it isn't a good thing. It just means that they are "ENDGAME" mods and worthy of the name. It will take time and patience, like grinding for gear in most any MMO the real grind in warframe is now Riven Mods. Yea, i know re-rolling can really screw a player over by permanently losing a stat roll or 2 but thems the breaks :d Get another one and roll some more. Personally, i hate RNG so i can understand where you are coming from because i normally get the short end of the stick lol but at the end of the day it is better this way because then these "OP" mods would be ragged on for being "Too Easy" to rank and obtain good rolls.

Can we please be allowed to use Barrage as a simple secondary fire instead of having to switch to the mode before firing? It's tedious and makes the weapon less fun.

Nice changes btw, but please remove normal lenses from Sorties. It feels like a slap in the face doing 3 high-level missions and getting a single regular lens.

Edited by Multicom-EN-

1 hour ago, Separius said:

Nothing is perfect and neither are riven mods, pretty sure if you look around here or any forum about Warframe, you'll see that the vast majority of people have lots of legit issues with these mods, with lots of very nice solutions to the very real problems present.

Vast majority? 46% is either neutral or like it... 28% dislike it. Dislike is something that can be fixed with changes. Only 26% hate it.

Just wanna pop in here and say the Zarr feels amazing after this hotfix.

Only times i died from self damage after the change was when i screwed up which is totally fine whereas before i had to pray to Rngesus and dance away from the target every time i fired the the cannon.

Switching between Barrage/Cannon feels meaningful and rewards awareness and most importantly is fun as hell.

Also the Zarr's sounddesign and reload are :cool:

Best weapon since forever #wouldformaagain

PS: only niggle is not being able to switch mode while reloading

Edited by Zharun

1 minute ago, Zharun said:

Just wanna pop in here and say the Zarr feels amazing after this hotfix.

Only times i died from self damage after the change was when i screwed up which is totally fine whereas before i had to pray to Rngesus and dance away from the target every time i fired the the cannon.

Switching between Barrage/Cannon feels meaningful and rewards awareness and most importantly is fun as hell.

Also the Zarr's sounddesign and reload are :cool:

Best weapon since forever #wouldformaagain

Agreed. I love this weapon. I'm not sure it even needed a buff, but the reload changes and reduced self-damage potential are very welcome. This thing is probably the most fun weapon in the game, imo.

I found out that now (This Update) I need to hold mouse wheel botton for Focus but I always only press it to activate it. That Operator is not usefull not even 1% in missions so is really pointless that Operator have one click and Focus hold click. Who need Operator and Focus on same key no one!!!

Sortie: 2K endos something now nope same for 6 months :D

Edited by Bostyan

2 minutes ago, Bostyan said:

I found out that now (This Update) I need to hold mouse wheel botton for Focus but I always only press it to activate it. That Operator is not usefull not even 1% in missions so is really pointless that Operator have one click and Focus hold click. Who need Operator and Focus on same key no one!!!

THIS CHANGES THINGS *gasps*