Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 19.0.3

[DE]Rebecca

Controller functionality was not fixed for me. Crouch still does nothing in the new mechanic, which means having to use a keyboard to use half of the functions of it. All that's changed on that front is now I need to hold the button to activate it instead of tap it, which I assume is related to the option setting I have on powers so powers with press and hold functions are reversed, as I want to quickly tap for Vauban mines and hold to switch through them. Decorator Mode is still a crapshoot, half the time pressing (Y) to place decorations works, half the time it does nothing. It can change in the same session where it once worked and suddenly doesn't work. Placing Ayatan Stars into a sculpture seems to be closer to working, but the cursor is off-center much like the Star Chart was for a while. The visible cursor is to the upper left of where the functional, invisible cursor is.

I don't know what changes you actually made, but they did nothing on my end. Might I suggest not using Toggle Crouch for this stuff, seeing as I have one omni-present Crouch/Slide/Roll button that makes more sense to use?

Edited by BlaineKodos

6 minutes ago, Separius said:

Where is the evidence? I've linked you a poll with a sample size of 6k, filled out by people from various places, not just here. If a poll of a sample size of nearly 6k people, where the majority of people said they hated or disliked the mods isn't good enough for you then nothing is. It's just you being stubborn and in denial.

You have no evidence either. The sample size consist of forum users and not the entire player base. It's a pointless number held even more pointless by it's exploitable nature.

The concept that someone can decide that they hate something when it's 2 days old and designed for long term progression is laughable.

13 minutes ago, Separius said:

Pretty sure power creep turning into power sprint while they were meant to do the opposite (making older weapons stronger, thus reducing the overall power of the newer ones); destabilization of the plat economy with turning the game a little bit P2W; grind made an awful experience by RNG; mods not being able to be farmed, it also being RNG (other than plat purchase, and even then in some cases); 7 layers of RNG affecting the mods in general; them being just stat changes instead of creative unique stuff; the kuva cost of rerolling a mod increasing infinitely (with possibly worst results), the whole thing just being a lottery; and them just being generally unhealthy for the game etc., most of these ARE legit issues.

Power creep doesn't matter in a PvE game. Power creep is more progression or grind and that's all. The numbers don't matter in the slightest. Players act like it's some awful thing when it's a fact of gaming.

The lesser weapons are in fact proportionally stronger by comparison to meta weapons. You just have to know how to do damage calculations and proc triggers to see it. Most players just see numbers and think that's the damage system. The only reason the RNG is awful is players are trying to force a long term progression to finish in a day or two like the rest of the content they released in the past. It will take time.  RNG is always present in this game. One layer, Two layers, it's always been there. This is not a new thing and what's unhealthy for the game is when players think they know what they're talking about and jump to conclusions about the future like they all became Oracles over night.

21 minutes ago, Separius said:

Insulting people with baseless accusations and nearly labeling them as immature and needy isn't gonna win you the argument.

My opinion based on observation.

23 minutes ago, Separius said:

I don't believe you.

I don't care.

23 minutes ago, Separius said:

That doesn't mean you can downplay the issues with the update. The quest was fun, even if short for the amount invested in it. The new tileset is beautiful. New weapons are fun. However just because of these things ignoring and downplaying the legit issues with the riven mods is unfair and a fan being blatantly defensive in the face of criticism. You can't even say that there was just criticism, there are dozens of great ideas around in how DE could make Riven mods more fun to deal with.

There is no issue. Players don't know drop rates, they don't know if the stats are weighted and they don't even 100% know all the stats available to the mods. It's all speculation based theories with a big dose of salt.  People might have a reason to complain in a month, but 2nd day? c'mon,

27 minutes ago, Separius said:

Those are two different things, X being Y and Z being even more Y too doesn't mean that Z diminishes and can downplay the Y issue of X.

And the problem isn't that riven mods are strong. It's not even the case. Most riven mods are utter crap. The problem is that those that are strong, for already very strong weapons introduce the very power creep the devs themsleves meant to eliminate by introducing riven mods. The existence of the a tonkor mod that does increased damage, increased crit damage and has increased crit chance goes against the intent of the devs and makes the approaching Damage 3.0 rework even more complicated. They wanted to remove Serration and friends and now they introduce things like the aforementioned tonkor mod. Clearly they didn't think this through, if one has a good faith in the devs intentions.

What's important is the proportional difference in play options and before Riven mods and prolly still likely to be true is that the rifle class is held up by 3 weapons and is an otherwise a dead category, even those 3 weapons are completely destroyed by melee.

People harp on staple mods with Damage 3.0 but fact is all they can actually do is remove Serration/Hornet/Pressure. Removing anything else including Multi-shot causes huge problems in weapon balance. Changing and removing any other mods doesn't get rid of staple mods, it just makes a new one. it's a Pipe Dream and hardly the most important thing needed from Damage 3.0.

33 minutes ago, Separius said:

True, but it's also a tedious, boring and unfun RNGfest. It's already getting boring (and frustrating) after me only having farmed 20k kuvas. I know that last part is a subjective opinion, but here are the facts: The RNG involved for the effort/reward ratio is just not good design.

Yes because you're trying to force progression through on something that's designed to resist farming. I have all three weapons built and 3k extra Kuva and I made about 30min of effort then said I'm good and found the rest doing other missions. What you said is a perfect example of people who expect a result right away.

Should they expand a bit on Kuva acquisition and Riven mods? Like Baro bringing a veiled? Sure prolly but that's not what everyone is complaining about. They'd just rather say they hate it go away and make up a buncha untrue speculative crap rather than suggest simple touch ups to what is a very smart and obviously well thought out progression system to an economy that suffers from ever declining item value due to nothing leaving the system.

@[DE]Rebecca Would you consider adding an option to the account profile where as the player can choose who to portray in their profile? For example toggling between; Warframe only(Currently equipped Warframe or Specific Loadout choice), Operator only, or both? Perhaps even in the future, there could be cosmetic diorama poses for the profile! This way a player can choose what they want best to represent them!

Still no fix for:

* After using Transference ability, sometimes your warframe becomes unable to melee permanently (especially play as client).

* After using Transference, sometimes it becomes locked and shows "power not ready" permanently.

* Player randomly teleports and/or falls off the map when switching transference/warframe mode (especially play as client).

* Operator displays wrong appearance as client, and my operator's gender is reversed (body figure changed from female to male) as client.

* Dead enemies remain staying in "T pose" after TWW update: (not really fixed)
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/716622-dead-enemies-remain-staying-in-t-pose-after-tww-update/
GMsE91U.jpg

0aJBWr7.jpg

* Ancient Disruptors' auras stack again (despite an official patch note said it has been fixed):
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/710786-ancient-disruptors-auras-stack-again/

* Carrier's ammo mutation problem:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/709166-carriers-ammo-mutation-problem/

* Heavy blade frontal finisher deals extremely low damage: (even Galatine P deals a lot less melee finisher damage than other weapons)
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/693194-why-does-galatine-p-deal-poor-finisher-damage/

* Mutalist Osprey Carrier can attack when stunned, blinded and sleeping:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/710732-mutalist-osprey-carrier-can-attack-when-stunned-blinded-and-sleeping/

* Fatal teleport bug:
  -If the targeted enemy is moving fast enough (such as a running Charger), the finisher will fail.
  -Some melee classes may fail to trigger finishers on certain types of enemies.
    --Nikana series will fail to trigger finishers against Infested targets.
    --Several melee classes will fail to trigger finishers against Corpus MOA type units.
    --Infested MOA type units can not be finished by any melee weapon.

* Blade Storm losing melee combo on all robotic and machinery type enemies:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/664725-blade-storm-losing-melee-combo-on-all-robotic-and-machinery-type-enemies/

* Dead enemies remain staying / weird animations when killed by melee weapons mod for GAS status: (this is different to the ancient's T-pose bug)
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/712278-dead-enemies-remain-staying-weird-animations-when-killed-by-melee-weapons-modded-for-gas-status/

* When using overlay map, the player indicator is no longer at the top layer, it's on the bottom. It can be covered by enemies, allies, loots and interception towers... simply everything.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/691744-overlay-map-bug

* Enemy proc through our status immunity abilities: (this is not really fixed)
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/700485-enemy-proc-through-our-status-immunity-abilities/

* Grineer Scorch hit box and damage problems (it even ignores frost's globe):
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/690079-so-fix-for-infinite-scorch-range-any-time-soon/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/690187-scorch-damage-what-the-hell/

* Polearms and heavy blades and are misplaced when holstered. Different frames have different offset so it's not possible to fix it manually.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/714655-polearm-holstered-position-has-been-changed-it-is-even-worse-now/

* Sobek's Acid Shells effect bug:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/687402-arid-shell-sobek-missing-physx-effect/

* Grineer rampart and blunt are missing their health bar, and there is no damage number when you hit blunt with your weapon.

* Sonicor, Gamacor, Atomos and some are now holstered horizontally (180o off).
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/716143-sonicor-gamacor-and-atomos-holstering-bugs-after-tww/
xWFmyow.jpg

tkpgDig.jpg

* Nyx's Pacifying Bolts doesn't work sometimes:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/711624-nyxs-pacifying-bolts-doesnt-work-after-recent-update/

Others:

Why is overlay map zoomed in so much now? I use it when I want to see more areas.
Can you revert it please?

Edited by aerosoul1337

To all the butt-hurt people crying over OP Rivens for meta weapons -> read the latest dev workshop post (Spoiler: they are gonna get nerfed for top tier weapons and yes even existing ones)

Edited by Zharun

18 minutes ago, Zharun said:

To all the butt-hurt people crying over OP Rivens for meta weapons -> read the latest dev workshop post (Spoiler: they are gonna get nerfed for top tier weapons and yes even existing ones)

Okay, but that's a band-aid. The problem is that this could exist in the first place, coupled with its completely random setup. It's not that they're OP for meta weapons, it's that it continues to reinforce the issues with meta weapons in the first place, and doesn't address them at all. You could nerf these effects, but they still don't do anything to close the gap. It makes them mandatory to make an under-powered weapon viable in the first place, while not doing anything to begin with. No matter how many mods you force into a burston or a gorgon, it's never going to match or approach mirage-with-synoid-simulor or zephyr-with-tonkor. And that's the problem people have with them. It's a bad system that doesn't fix existing problems. It needs a lot of reworking, because a slot machine of OP or useless effects doesn't make for good gameplay.

That, and we REALLY need to include number of rerolls put onto a mod when they're being traded, because lord knows it's not right to let people sell something that takes 9k kuva for a reroll as fresh.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed issues with key bindings and Transference usage which should help players on controllers.

Sweet Lotus in the heavenly Void beyond, please tell me this is an answer to my problems! Sadly, I have to got to work, and I'm still getting ready. I'll probably test out the controls in the Simulacrum when I get home and have a chance to patch.

I love the Riven mods, really got me back into playing this game.  I have spent lots of plats on buying some good ones. Please dont nerf them.  If they do get nerfed, then its goodbye warframe for me.  Finally, there is something interesting to play with and haters want the nerfs coz RNG showed a middle finger to them(to me too tbh).  So, please don't ever think about nerfing Riven mods as this is good for long term. I dont mind the warframe nerfs, but not the Riven mods.

Thanks

Thank you for these fixes, I thought the operator through thin walls was useful for lag doors not opening when they are green but a bug os a bug

There is another bug that started whenever I got halfway through war within , after first fortress my arcane victory stopped working after I TWW was done. I have gotten litterally hundreds of headshots doing challenges and my arcane victory never procced please fix 

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Greater Lenses can now be found through Sortie rewards in addition to Regular Lenses. Note this doesn't affect the drop chance of other items within Sorties, just the Focus Lens school of drops now has more options.

Would this matter? The probability of getting a reward that is not endo  (2k at that) is very, very low anyway IMO.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Removed the "Kill Sentients without raising alarms" Unveil challenge due to impossibility with the way Lua mission spawning works. Challenge complications will be updated retroactively, in this case, the removed challenge will simply become "Kill Sentients".

I am not sure that I understand this. It wasn't impossible; I was working on this challenge last night, and was at 4/5 by killing the two Sentients to spawn in at the beginning of the invasion (or Crossfire, whatever it's called) node on Lua. I simply didn't have enough time to run it to get the final kill last night.

1 hour ago, BlaineKodos said:

Controller functionality was not fixed for me. Crouch still does nothing in the new mechanic, which means having to use a keyboard to use half of the functions of it.

I'm seeing the same thing here. The controller "Hold to Crouch" mapping still does nothing in that case, and because of that I'm stuck in the quest. I know the combination of moves necessary to take down the guardians, but trying to use "Toggle Crouch" instead still breaks down in the middle of that final fight, and before I know it I'm out of respawns. Trying to do that with the keyboard is worse.

For the record, I'm using the left bumper. It's mapped to both the 5th ability in the power menu (holding down right bumper first, then activating it), and it's also my "Hold to Crouch" button. I've tried mapping another button to "Hold to Crouch", though, and it didn't make any difference.

Edited by Maeglin73