Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NO....The War Within Quest....NO....

xerxeso

I agree, a person being unable to play the all game because it's locked on a quest isn't great idea.

How could someone know if they like it or not, or if it's time worthy to do the quest before trying it in the first place, or you might just get frustated mid quest and dont want to it anymore for some days or forever,you never play the game again?
People might just not like the experience or want to wait for some quality issue changes and bug fixes.
And you have a notice saying you wont be able to comeback how does that help? Does it shows you a preview or let's you try the mechanics involved in the quest before hand so you can make a judgement?
No, it's useless.

12 hours ago, DemonsRiot said:

Im sorry but your an idiot. They locked you in with the Second dream at points.

You know if something wasn`t that good of a decision or a bad decision it doesn`t help or change pointing and saying, but they also made a bad decision in the past.  It`s justified!

That is not how it works ^^

Let me point out again what I said one post before. Warframe is just a video game after all, among thousands. If people are getting pissed and they have literally no way to play the game anymore, that is the last situation I can think of you want to put these players in. especially at the moment. Go ahead an §%/&/ on them plus insulting, it really helps.

Unless you don`t want to share your toys, and rather be alone - I can`t tell, these people exist......

>.> Any one else feel locked in? I certainly didn't. The quest took about an hour to complete and I didn't bring good gear or weapons because fashion frame is best frame. 

I mean, I walked in with just sylva and aegis because it looks so epic, and it was a hard fight but totally worth it. And after that... It only took an hour of my life. How can you complain about getting locked into a quest that warns you that you can't do anything until you complete it if It only takes an hour. 

On 11/15/2016 at 8:16 AM, PsychedelicSnake said:

To be fair, you are given an in-game warning saying you will be locked in until you complete it.

Well, I wasn't given a warning the quest would bug out midway not letting me progress at all. Grade A.

10 hours ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

Warframe is just a video game after all, among thousands. If people are getting pissed and they have literally no way to play the game anymore, that is the last situation I can think of you want to put these players in. especially at the moment.

Please explain how they have "no way t0o play the game" No, You go through the quest, Play it solo, Figure S#&$ out. its pretty simplified, You dont like the quest, GO look up how to easily finish it and move the **** on from it. Theres no point sitting around on the forums *@##$ing about the quest and the fact you "don't" like it. All in all, I personally liked the quest however as I had already predicted like half the S#&$ in it when Second Dream came out, I found it lakcluster. But you don't see me running around making posts about how S#&$ the quest was or bla bla bla. Now do you ?

3 hours ago, DemonsRiot said:

Please explain how they have "no way t0o play the game"

Well that is quite simple. Warframe won`t let you play anything but the quest untill it is completed from what I`ve heard. This complaint was repeated numerous times by now in several threads. You are just argueing on the assumption players could and should put themself through and it isn`t a problem anymore. Yes IF!

My point was people have quit games for less and Warframe isn`t a special snowflake. That is just a reality check for people working in fanboyism-mode. Which isn`t anything special or new by any means when a particular kind in a community is getting over defensive, yelling at everybody showing criticism no matter how small it might be. It also isn`t news where this vibe can lead. 

I strongly recommend you have a good look on what was said at 39:50 about "honesty" if you are thinking about to continue posting here with this attitude. In particular dismantling criticism others, for very little reason at the end. You`re free to give your opinion on it however you are not the one to evaluate how much something is a problem or isn`t, if anybody that`s DE.

It is the sole purpose of the feedback section to complain and say what you didn`t like (or did like), for exactly that.

Edited by AcceptYourDeath

On 11/15/2016 at 8:31 AM, Shinobu_Scorpion said:

So just curious, what did you think they meant by point of no return?

It kinda warned you this would happen and you still complain. Just finish the quest, it's not hard. You'll never have to touch it again after that.

Sure, the fight with the guardians may not be hard if you have Life Strike on your melee weapons and took a frame that has high hp, but try it without Life Strike and with a Loki!!! WTF?!?!  And couple that with having to sit through the cut scene over and over with no way to skip it after the 10th time.  Getting one shotted constantly over and over again is seriously frustrating and I have no way of changing my frame or weapons or mods.....

I understand the idea behind locking in the quest but with no idea what is going to happen how can you possibly prepare for it?  It sure does not seem like the devs considered what would happen to the difficulty level with certain frames.  I mean I'm good with my Loki, and went into it with the understanding that any frame should be capable of completing the quest because after all, "it's not hard"  well, it is.  I've been stuck in this guardian fight now for a couple days on and off and I'm getting pretty damn sick of it.

2 hours ago, Metalman007 said:

Sure, the fight with the guardians may not be hard if you have Life Strike on your melee weapons and took a frame that has high hp, but try it without Life Strike and with a Loki!!! WTF?!?!  And couple that with having to sit through the cut scene over and over with no way to skip it after the 10th time.  Getting one shotted constantly over and over again is seriously frustrating and I have no way of changing my frame or weapons or mods.....

I understand the idea behind locking in the quest but with no idea what is going to happen how can you possibly prepare for it?  It sure does not seem like the devs considered what would happen to the difficulty level with certain frames.  I mean I'm good with my Loki, and went into it with the understanding that any frame should be capable of completing the quest because after all, "it's not hard"  well, it is.  I've been stuck in this guardian fight now for a couple days on and off and I'm getting pretty damn sick of it.

The queen's guard's?  They're easy. You cant do any damage to the gyards with your Warframe, you have to hit 5 to release your operator.

Use the Void punch (idr what it's called, push E) to stun, then Void Dash through them to disarm and Void Beam to kill.  Just don't Dash through two at once, causes a bug that requires alt + F4.

The fight with Teshin requires your Warframe though. But for the staff steal, you need your operator again.  For that, just wait until she drops her shield and Dash at her.

4 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

The queen's guard's?  They're easy. You cant do any damage to the gyards with your Warframe, you have to hit 5 to release your operator.

Use the Void punch (idr what it's called, push E) to stun, then Void Dash through them to disarm and Void Beam to kill.  Just don't Dash through two at once, causes a bug that requires alt + F4.

The fight with Teshin requires your Warframe though. But for the staff steal, you need your operator again.  For that, just wait until she drops her shield and Dash at her.

Thanks for the advice, but the problem I'm having is that I am using Loki (225hp) and simply cannot stay alive longer than 5 seconds!  Plus the damn thing keeps jumping back into the frame ... it's just stupid ridiculous.  I saw a couple of vids with guys doing it with Valkyr and had over 700hp plus they obviously had Life Strike on their sword.  It's just really frustrating one hit ded.  revive.  one hit ded. repeat 4 times, Mission Failed.

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:26 PM, Shinobu_Scorpion said:

You have a clear warning that after this point, you will be locked into the quest until you finish. The fact that you don't like it doesn't change that.

Even so, it's just a quest, not the entire game. Just finish it, it doesn't take that long. Once you are done you'll never have to touch it again and you can go back to your normal gameplay.

How long does it actually take? Because I too have zero interest in it, except as a means to get Sorties back.

Just now, Metalman007 said:

Thanks for the advice, but the problem I'm having is that I am using Loki (225hp) and simply cannot stay alive longer than 5 seconds!  Plus the damn thing keeps jumping back into the frame ... it's just stupid ridiculous.  I saw a couple of vids with guys doing it with Valkyr and had over 700hp plus they obviously had Life Strike on their sword.  It's just really frustrating one hit ded.  revive.  one hit ded. repeat 4 times, Mission Failed.

I ran into the issue where I was zapped back into Mag constantly as well, but it is possible to beat this fight.  You have to keep track of how many Guards there are as well as identify their "pounce" stance and sprint out of the way.   Also, they can't effect you when you're "hidden" in the Void (left ctrl, iirc) and I used that often when I saw one of those things leaping at me. 

Since your health is so low, I'd suggest planting your Warframe somewhere outside of the room (the guards don't run fast, you can Bullet Jump to a safe spot) and then exit the Warframe.  This is what I did with my Mag Prime and her 300 HP, so every time I was zapped back in, I was a safe distance away from the Guards and able to jump back out safely. Only time I died was when I alt + tab'd out during the unskippable cutscene and came back too late.

Let me see if I managed to capture the Queen fight. I ran into a couple bugs and wound up turning off shadowplay, not sure if I turned it back on for the successful fight. 

3 hours ago, Metalman007 said:

41 minutes ago, Metalman007 said:

I actually ran the quest as a minimal health Loki as well when I went through it, without lifestrike on my weapon.

I failed it once because I was figuring out the Kuva Guardians and how to kill them.

What I did:
Run around and try to separate the Kuva Guardians so you are handling them one-on-one as much as you can.
Do your best to get them to attack you (especially with their jump attack), avoid the attack (spam bullet jumps) and then as soon as the attack finishes get over to them, hit 5, tap e to stun them, dash through them, then immediately hit 5 again and kill that enemy.
Repeat that for the active Kuva Guardians while running around to keep them separated as much as possible and then head to the braids, kill them in your operator form and repeat.

The biggest thing is keeping mobile and doing your best to separate the guardians so you don't get ganged up on.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Just now, xerxeso said:

Huh!.....The Professional Warframe's Fan Boys cann't accept different Feedbacks and Views of other Players....Instead they call them Idiots,  not Reasonable and not Clever....

Please don't.  Comments like this devalue your feedback and just get topics locked. 

2 hours ago, xerxeso said:

Huh!.....The Professional Warframe's Fan Boys cann't accept different Feedbacks and Views of other Players....Instead they call them Idiots,  not Reasonable and not Clever....

Comments like this don't help your case in the slightest.

And this was more of a complaint than feedback, so it got handled like one. If you'd wanted it to be constructive feedback you could've gone along the lines of "please add an abort quest button etc etc because these reasons." Instead you decided to write a complaint and then lash out because you didn't like the response.

6 hours ago, Metalman007 said:

Even worse, I started the quest with Helios pre-hotfix and kept getting killed by it as it constantly follows you around. I was effectively locked out of the game until a day later when the hotfix dropped. While they did eventually fix it, I feel that it sets a bad precedent should a similar situation appear in any future quests.

Edited by alexmach1

Success!  I was extremely frustrated but had to face the fact that the only way back to my favorite shoot 'em up game was to beat this.  So I realized that planting the frame in the outer hallway and keeping the fight there made things a lot easier cause they can only come at you from 2 directions.  Also I realized that my controls were set to 'hold' for transference, that was really screwing me up because of the time delay.  I toggled on the 'reverse tap/hold' in options and that made a huge difference. 

I still hold to my original complaint though, frustrating being locked into the quest especially when you can't even skip the cut scenes...

7 hours ago, Metalman007 said:

I'm with you brother . . . lost count of how many times I've tried but with the gear I have there is no way I'll ever finish it.

What is particularly frustrating is I can't even ditch the whole thing and forget about it. I'd be perfectly happy living without the quest rewards.

The whole thing is very misleading because so many - who went in well equipped - post how easy it was. No warnings about frames having their powers stripped for the final fight or that you need some good kit . . . so being locked into that means only one thing, GAME OVER.

I'm in the same boat as the OP.

It's all very well people saying how easy it is if, like guys in the YT videos, you are getting points when you zap the fat guys, but I'm not.

I can bring them to their knees with E but get zero when I zap them.

This bullet dash attack might come naturally to many but not to me.

In many games the end boss section gets easier once the game picks up that you keep failing, but not in this one.

I missed the 'lock in' bit - which means that as there is nothing unique about me many others will have also missed it - but had I seen it I still would have done the quest.

I cannot finish this quest so DE not putting in any means to escape has ended my time in the game.

MR20, 3+ years, founder member, £700+ spent even though 90% of stuff forged, and it all comes to an end like this . . . on one big bum note, which sort of diminishes the whole experience.

Edited by CaptainEras