Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Spoiler-Heavy Devstream #83!

[DE]Rebecca

Can you walk us through where you think the game is in contrast to the goals and objectives that were set forth on the Bourbon list?  If the Bourbon list still serves as a rudimentary roadmap or action plan what can we cross off the list and what's the prioritization for what remains?

Edited by H8RAID
typo edit

Is there any chance we may see a new set of syndicate weapons and ability augments down the road? Concerning ability augments, it would be a shame to see some of the good ideas that did not make the cut go to waste, especially those in the design council polls.

There has been talk of a Damage 3.0 system that would address the state of 'mandatory mods'. This system would also encompass enemy scaling and progression in general.

However, the addition of Riven Mods seems to be a tremendous step backwards from achieving this goal.

Is Damage 3.0 still in active development? If so, how do Riven mods fit into it?

You're gonna review stats on the choices Tenno made. Are you gonna finally say what the point of these choices is?

Also, why don't the queens look Orokin in their clothing, their room, their tools (i.e. the staff)?

Why aren't the Queens twins?

Why don't they act like the warrior-queens seen in the Kuria lore?

Why do they act like the Wicked Witch of the West (the Elder queen) and like Harley Quinn (the Worm)? Why don't they act more like, say, Ballas, or even like how they sounded and acted when they demoted Vor from Admiral to Captain?

Can we ever get the ability to holster the Orvius on our backs like Teshin does?

Are we ever gonna be able to show off our Operators in the Relays?

When are you guys gonna start focusing on the Corpus like you have the Grineer for the past few years?

Edited by AntoineFlemming

So.

Spoiler

So did we really kill a Queen? Like, we've spent 3 years wondering who they were, and we meet them and leave a single one alive? WE CHANGE THE WORLD NAO BOIS

Serious questions:
-When are we getting more Ballas? So much in that character to discover!
-What are the plans with the new Operator mechanic? Are you hoping to hook up some Focus interactions in there? It could open some interesting possibilities!
-A couple of lore heavy things I'm having big issues understanding... I hope it can get answered:

Spoiler

How could we know the Queens room? Weren't we given the Warframes by the Orokin on Lua, with Ballas at the head when Margulis died?

I thought the Twin Queens would show some respect to each other, yet there's clearly one not only elder, but also more clearly at the head. What's going on here? I kind of understand the "worm" has undergone Continuity not too long ago?

Did the Queen steal the Kuva Scepter during/after the War? Something tells me it doesn't really belong to her, Orokin or not...

Thanks guys! And thanks for the quest. Really loved to see the characters fleshed out and discovering more about the universe! :)

Are there going to be any changes to the movement system in Archwing anytime soon?

Are there going to be added any options to simulacrum such as, "enemy behaviour idle/active", "respawn enemies yes/no" etc. and is Archwing ever going to be added in it?

Are Prosecutors going to get a visual rework and a meaningful purpose?

With the recent focus on secondary mechanics on weapons, are you guys willing to go back to some of the old, less used/forgotten weapons and add something interesting to them? Spectra overheating the more you hold fire and do more damage and add punchtrough for example.

Wasn't Cpt. Vor supposed to have a part in TWW?

Edited by JesterTheNight

First of all congratulations on the beautiful work with TWW. Just a couple of questions:

1- What would u guys/gals (devs) change in the quest now that its released and you already got some feedback?

2- Which of the current mechanics (melee, damage system, archwing, focus, etc) will be receiving a next iteration or polish pass in the near future?

Thanks

While I love the update and the story, y'all shot yourselves in the foot by announcing it so early, what was the thought process behind the original announcment of it? Like did you guys really believe you could do it, like 100% confidence? And then when it got split into 3 segments, and then the delay after that, what was the morale like once you got further down the delay train? Will this affect your update announcements for the future?

Now while I love what we have gotten, there are naturally some issues with it. The big one being, yet again, scaling to enemies. On low end missions, playing the operator is HELLA fun, but on mission's where it's needed, 30+ grineer missions for kuva siphons, it's more annoying than challenging. Are there any talks, any rumblings, of having a "Operator Level" similar to warframe level, where our operator levels up over use and becomes tougher, more energy, more hp, perhaps some shields? And now that we have operator mode, is focus going to get a overhaul to compliment operator mode?

Are there any plans to incorporate cinematics into smaller quests, such as the upcoming Bard-frame acquisition quest? It'd be neat to have some of that cinematic flavour sprinkled into the lesser quests, even in small doses, but only if it's not an enormous time-sink that'd drag the whole production process down.

My questions are simplier.

1. When you guys will take a massive look on those old time weapons and stats on frame and bring them up to date? I know you wanted to do something similar with the riven mods but these are just plain stats and I can't believe such a simple things like buff a weapon stats is so hard. Take your time pls and make more viable the older unused weapons and make full the list (Mean you need to make more dual swords, pangolin, jaw sword, skyla daggers etc) which long times ago awaits their dual or single handed variants.

2. What do you wish to do with the unused resistance mods? Any chance those mods can be altered and added as warframe passive stat and these mods given their own slots?

3. There is a plan or option for the tennogen devs to add new frame models and not just skins? I mean those whom want to show their warframe models and concepts with this addition can add a view only non and animated model which can be used as base materials or for new warframes. This could speed up the new warframe creation metholds and again others can write stories for them and make them ready to add into the game.

4. Any option for a better game engine or you guys will polish your engine more?

Edited by Sziklamester

1st off thank you for TWW and your continued dedication!

- Any update on unbinding arcanes from cosmetics or removing the lock? Steve said in a devstream we will be able to switch freely a while ago only to have someone else (offcamera) contradict that soon after during some other stream. tbh i was kind of expecting that to come with TWW.

- Is it possible to have unwanted arcanes converted into ducats or something useful?

- When is the Dryad skin going to work on the rakta cernos? right now i looks like a total mess.

- Any news on being able to colour cosmetics separately?

- Can we get a replay button for TWW?

can we have a visual indicator for operator power? I never know how much power I have left and how much it recharged. during the quest the action was very fragmented because of this to the point of ruining the immersion

Edited by ..atom..

Is focus going to be looked at in the near future?

With the current mechanics, it punishes unlocking more of the trees and limits the effects to buffs for a mode you can barely use. can we expect some sort of operator upgrade system through unlocks in a focus-style tech-tree? Maybe resetting out points and makeing new trees as a whole.

1. Are you ready for players rage when their 1000k+ platinum purchased Riven mods get nerfed?
  2. When can we expect serious improvements to melee - polished stances, improved finisher animations, swing before charge attack removed?
  3. When will all sniper rifles get innate 2m punch through we ask for years?
  4. Many players, including me can't play Archwing at all due to motion sickness, especially Corpus mission where camera spins wildly . Considering these missions are mandatory to progress for with new players, why this is not addressed yet? Plans for 3D map in space? Less punishing collisions with environment? 
Edited by Sannidor

1. Can we expect a new set of Oddities soon?

2. Are there plans to add lore to all codex entries? Possibly integrating Synthesis findings into the appropriate codex entries so that we have access to them from our ship? Additionally, will we ever have a Simaris console on the ship, the way we have a Conclave console? There is an empty slot right next to Syndicates, and it would be really convenient. And speaking of Synthesis, are we ever getting a new target?

3. Is it possible to have all Challenges added as Steam achievements? A great number of them exist as both, but some Challenges (for example, Tenno of All Trades, Sword Alone, boss Challenges) are missing from Steam.

Thank you!

Operator Mechanics (War Within spoilers)

Spoiler

The new Void powers are pretty sweet, but our energy pool to use them feels pretty low. Would it be reasonable to allow power mods to affect them (I guess doesn't make sense being outside of our frame containing the mods) OR could we separate burst power usage (Void Blast/Dash) from continuous power usage (Void Mode/Beam) by adding in tick-mark-type display for the Blast and Dash?

Are there any creatures/machines in the work to be added in for us to take over by transference similar to the Golden Maw?

33 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Hello! Charged Attacks need to be fixed.  HOw exactly? Remove that extra swing prior to a charged attack.  Is this ever going to happen?

^ this.

I'll take tiny delay with first attack any day before this clunky mechanic we have now.

It USED TO WORK PERFECTLY before the change. There were ZERO complains about it. Please revert it.

It hurts throwing weapons and gunblades twice as much but other slow and medium speed weapons would also benefit from extra fluidity.

On a side note, charge attacks should be allowed at quick melee stance, as well as guarding delayed only by holstering speed.

Why is Mios (and Lacera being a reskin with dif. stats)  such a unique example of a weapon well done? I mean, what has left of it is still decent even after unnecessary tweaks... 

Now that TWW is FINALLY out, which of the many parts of the game that are long overdue for an improvement are you going to look at?

Riven mods were just added and in the recent dev diary you said you will continue to tweak and improve it.
I heard the exact same thing in Update 18 with Focus, and other than minor tweaks straight after release (just like Riven mods now!) it hasn't been touched since.
Update 17, Parkour 2.0. Geoff and Steve agreed on a previous devstream that basic movement - running around etc. - could also be looked at.
Update 16, Trials. I've seen a lot of complaints that JV is completely broken now.
Update 15, Archwing. Despite a noticable rework a while ago, Archwing still feels clunky, by either being too slow in the water, or too fast and disorienting in space, with WAY too much movement inertia and lack of proper controls support.
Update 14, Dark Sectors. Still dead.
Update 13, Melee 2.0. Some combo inputs are near impossible with fast attack speed. Reload and alt-fire keys are unused in melee mode, why not use those instead?
Update 12, HUD 2.0. We still don't have customizable HUD and chat (despite getting a visual touch-up) is still archaic when compared to any other MMO.

Then there's also the uncertainty about Mods 3.0 now that Riven mods have been added, trading and recruitment relying on a chaotic chat instead of proper in-game tools and a lot of other, smaller, but also important things.

TL;DR What's the next 2.0 and when?

Edited by Shifted

Question-It was said many dev streams ago that you promised to lessen the grind, now with kuva reliant items do you still believe you have kept that promise?

Question-If part of the intention of the Quest was to introduce us to being able to use our Operators why were they made so weak as to make them virtually impractical to use in the actual Warframe world since most of what they do can be done better by any Warframe?

Question-Since With TWW taking over six months to complete and be worked on and supposedly polished why was it still be tested on the day of deployment?