Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime design lore discussion

Cyborg-Rox

So as a lot of you already know, the Valkyr Prime model got "leaked," and most of you have already seen it from the latest Devstream. But the first thing that caught my eye when I first saw her model were the giant box-like forearm things that are on the regular Valkyr as well. The thing with those is that the Gersemi deluxe skin for Valkyr doesn't have them and as you guys know, the Gersemi skin is the original form of Valkyr before Alad V and the Zanuka project. That means that Valkyr Prime should represent Gersemi Valkyr not the post Zanuka project Valkyr. I do not know if I have missed some facts about Valkyr's lore, but if I do understand it correctly, then I hope they'll change her model to look more like the Gersemi Valkyr.

I feel many people are misinterpreting OP's point or just not reading the post at all.

The point is that her Prime's design is based off her default appearance, aka post Corpus experimentation and not Gersemi, the supposed "original" as seen by the blocks on her forearms (those of which are not on Gersemi).

While I do find myself agreeing with OP, I'm not completely turned off by this. In fact, I'm actually pretty fond of her look. However, even if I wasn't, there's nothing I or any player opposing the design can do about it. 

Edited by LazerSkink

Honestly its pretty funny. Doesnt this just kind of prove the fact that prime variants just have stuff attached to the base model? I mean thats fine in most cases, but this just seems lazy to me. Why even tout the Gersemi skin as "pre corpus experimentation" if this is how her prime looks? Why even have the "lore" exist behind Gersemi or Primes being the "original orokin versions"? Just doesnt make any sense to me, we are grasping for lore here and they dont even seem to respect the lore they create. I just dont get it. 

Edited by armedpoop

5 minutes ago, N44rivana said:

So as a lot of you already know, the Valkyr Prime model got "leaked," and most of you have already seen it from the latest Devstream. But the first thing that caught my eye when I first saw her model were the giant box-like forearm things that are on the regular Valkyr as well. The thing with those is that the Gersemi deluxe skin for Valkyr doesn't have them and as you guys know, the Gersemi skin is the original form of Valkyr before Alad V and the Zanuka project. That means that Valkyr Prime should represent Gersemi Valkyr not the post Zanuka project Valkyr. I do not know if I have missed some facts about Valkyr's lore, but if I do understand it correctly, then I hope they'll change her model to look more like the Gersemi Valkyr.

Yes, this is exactly what i'm talking about. Also DE said in the devstream they will face lore challenges with Valkyr prime (Huge facepalm)

During the devstream the team quickly mentioned "why did we chose the Alad valkyr over the gersemi valkyr?" with no actual answer yet, but they know it's a lore hiccup. Perhaps they'll go the Braton route of recreation. Perhaps they'll change it so Alad was retracing the steps (torture?) the Orokin did to make Valkyr? Since we already know corpus have designed things based on Orokin tech before.

Just now, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Valkyr was never Corpus tech. She was, and is, Tenno. She was captured and experimented on by Alad "The Salad" V, thus the Corpus tech on her default skin.

"Edit: I'm talking about the corpus bits on her arms, as well as the prime bond. Sorry for the confusion.".

Never stated she was corpus ever in this thread.

2 minutes ago, SocknBoppers said:

During the devstream the team quickly mentioned "why did we chose the Alad valkyr over the gersemi valkyr?" with no actual answer yet, but they know it's a lore hiccup. Perhaps they'll go the Braton route of recreation. Perhaps they'll change it so Alad was retracing the steps (torture?) the Orokin did to make Valkyr? Since we already know corpus have designed things based on Orokin tech before.

But isn't changing the lore to hide a mistake wrong? I personally think it is. 

Edited by Stoner74

Just now, RavenCorella said:

I sure as hell hope I can use Gersemi over this. Though I'm excited to grind for a new prime (lol who am I kidding;) for the better stats, I very much prefer the deluxe skin.

ye can use it...

I hate gersemi helm tho... that round nose... .-.

Just now, Stoner74 said:

But is changing the lore to hide a mistake wrong? I personally think it is. 

I believe it can be, but only if it straight out contradicts what was originally lore. If Alad torturing Valkyr is still canon but his reasoning for doing so being a bit different than it is only a bit of an issue.

17 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

When she got leaked in the game, i looked at her model and told myself "Is she based on her default skin?!", i then proceeded to ignore it because of how i hate being spoiled. Earlier this week, one of my clan mate showed me the prime bond accessory leak. And i freaked out.

Even worst, today while watching the devstream, i saw this:

yeeBuxj.png

Corpus prime? How can that be?

I hope i'm not the only one that is very annoyed with the Valkyr prime design. How can something Corpus and be primed?? That doesn't make any sense. 

This is a mistake, please DE, redo the Valkyr prime model and do it right. I did not wait 2.5 years for this stuff. 

Edit: I'm talking about the corpus bits on her arms, as well as the prime bond. Sorry for the confusion.

Well well well aren't you a super special snowflake? You've been playing for 2.5 years and you think a Warframe is Corpus built? You would have done well to stop yourself, contain your salt, and do even 30 seconds of research, you could have saved yourself so much embarrassment.

Alright, I like many other lore junkies was a bit bothered by this.

BUT, I have a perfect way they can keep it lore friendly while also giving another reason to hate the Orokin.

What if the original Gersemei WAS like the original, but Alad found some old Orokin codices that explained how to artificially warp a Tenno's power to desired purpose and recreated their steps.

In this case, Ballas and friends built up a Tenno with a beautiful frame, pampered them and made them feel awesome.

But then, at the height of their happiness, they took them down, locked their transference, and tortured the hell out of them to try and see what a pissed off Tenno would do.

Thus, this original frame became a conduit for rage and anger, and the Corpus recreation attempted to give it a shot and it worked.

Kind of a roundabout retcon, but it could work and give us some cool Oro-hate to boot.

1 minute ago, WraythexXx said:

Well well well aren't you a super special snowflake? You've been playing for 2.5 years and you think a Warframe is Corpus built? You would have done well to stop yourself, contain your salt, and do even 30 seconds of research, you could have saved yourself so much embarrassment.

"Edit: I'm talking about the corpus bits on her arms, as well as the prime bond. Sorry for the confusion."

Read my post until the end please.

2 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

But isn't changing the lore to hide a mistake wrong? I personally think it is. 

or...just like we did many times before, we the community misinterpreted the lore

deluxe skins have always been an alternative look to the base form, so it is highly possible that the gersemi is indeed an original form of Valkyr, but not the standard form

thus Valkyr Prime is going off a pre Alad base form that is not the alternative gersemi form