Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime design lore discussion

Cyborg-Rox

1 hour ago, SocknBoppers said:

During the devstream the team quickly mentioned "why did we chose the Alad valkyr over the gersemi valkyr?" with no actual answer yet, but they know it's a lore hiccup. Perhaps they'll go the Braton route of recreation. Perhaps they'll change it so Alad was retracing the steps (torture?) the Orokin did to make Valkyr? Since we already know corpus have designed things based on Orokin tech before.

But Valkyr was not designed by the Corpus. She got captured as what we know as Gersemi Valkyr, and then she was stripped of her skin and components to make Zanuka.

It's also worthy of note that the main intention of various elements of her design are of Corpus restriction tools (hence the cables, the attached things on the arms and that thing on her head).

Valkyr Prime design does a really good job at making those elements feel like a part of a cohesive Orokin design, but the flaw in our eyes is that we can't forget what the actual base is for it.

But anyways who cares, still loving her look. If anything I was actually really weirded out by Gersemi Valkyr's looks when we got the final product. Specially on the helmet, I couldn't help but notice it didn't look at all like the Lotus bud the original base helm tries to ressemble...

Edited by NightmareT12

1 hour ago, Littleman88 said:

Alad didn't recreate the helmet and tack HALF a new one on, he ripped off half the helmet.  The only additions we can call out as Corpus in origin are all the little white diodes jutting out of her "flesh" at intervals and the wrist bonds.  The helmet very coincidentally shares its color with the Gersemi skin, suggesting at the very least that I'm right about her half helmet being part of her original armor.

Far as I'm concerned, Gersemi =/= old Valkyr until DE's artists can maintain consistency between designs.  They can't get Gersemi's helmet to look like the complete iteration of default Valkyr's half helmet, nor are the arms thick enough to suggest default valkyr would even fit into the Gersemi armor.  Actually, default overall is more filled out than the Gersemi skin.

So really, it comes as no surprise that they stuck with the default as a base for the Prime model.  They probably couldn't make something that looked reminiscent of the Gersemi model if they tried.  And thank goodness for that - Gersemi has flat boards for arms.  She looks more like a complex Corpus MOA than a Warframe.

As far as I know, there's no way we can say conclusively that nothing was added on to the modified Valkyr (restraints aside). The opposite is much more likely; if they took things off Valkyr without adding anything, she'd just be a skeleton. 

2 hours ago, Shichibukai88 said:

Really getting sick of ppl complaining about this - not your game DE designed ALL OF THIS. Their decision, you play it, live with it. And as 12391283 other ppl have said it she is NOT made by corpus.

THIS. SO MUCH THIS

5 minutes ago, Arniox said:

she never was corpus. There is nothing that tells anything about valkyr being made INTO the frame she is now. She could have always been a rage frame.

She was a close combat frame, but got 100% more rageful when tortured on. Guess the blueprints we replicate are actually Lotus made in honor of the Tenno who may have suffered at the whims of Alad V, which would make the Warframe itself... More rageful.

At least they can write themselves out of one corner using this excuse ;P

Also, no Ballas experiments on Valkyr Prime please. It's a terrible excuse that goes against the Orokin sense of perfection (even as twisted as the Orokin are).

Edited by NightmareT12

Just remember, DE are winging it, lore, the very game itself, is mutable, which is fun. It means they can at least redo the silly bits when they sober up.

"what do you mean theres a primed pressure point ??! SHELDONNnNNNnNNNnnnnnNN!"

"Hic ... Lotus really needs a big set of personality !"

Insert random lore here

2 hours ago, Larsurus said:

Learn to read the lore.

The lore is outdated. Valkyr was a result of extensive experimentation that completely changed whatever the frame was originally.

Now that warframes are just (mostly) empty husks for players to manipulate, there is no means for Valkyr to be changed by the trauma, hence no reason for her to be adorned with retraints, ect... Operators ruined Valkyr as a piece of lore. There would be no Valkyr Prime, because Valkyr is a recent "creation", whatever a prime variant of Valkyr would be, it would be a completely different warframe.

21 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

I'm sorry, did you even read my post? Please elaborate. 

What u believe r the bonds r the energy case for the claws, if u look at the regular valkyr u will see the energy "battery" with the bonds to suck up her energy, the gersemi skin doesn't have this because of the nature of the skin, but DE is making a mix of both using the energy batterys from the regular valkyr and the body of gersemi and a new helmet. I really like the design and im sorry if i sound rude bro ;)

Never talk about lore unless you've looked at what you are talking about.

Valkyr wasn't made by the Corpus, she was tortured by Alad. They didn't make her, they didn't give her new abilities they just hacked her up a bit.

On top of that, DE can do whatever the hell they like, they write the lore. If they want to retcon something, they can. If they want tortured Valkyr Prime, they can and i'm okay with that.

1 minute ago, Stoner74 said:

You didn't read my post. 

I sit corrected, they still won't change it.

It's due for release in 4 days and will make them more money than any frame currently left to be primed.

Valkyr is one of the most popular frames and her Prime Access this close to Christmas is money.

15 minutes ago, Naqel said:

The lore is outdated. Valkyr was a result of extensive experimentation that completely changed whatever the frame was originally.

Now that warframes are just (mostly) empty husks for players to manipulate, there is no means for Valkyr to be changed by the trauma, hence no reason for her to be adorned with retraints, ect... Operators ruined Valkyr as a piece of lore. There would be no Valkyr Prime, because Valkyr is a recent "creation", whatever a prime variant of Valkyr would be, it would be a completely different warframe.

We don't even know what warframes are. Someone could just assume they are suits, semi living beings or even souls living inside the warframe. Like i said on the third page, you guys are just creating your own lore at this point. 

From what we know about Valkyr now, her prime doesn't make any sense in the world. Even if you try to find a solution about lore, it's still just assumptions. 

Just face it, DE made a mistake and did not bother about lore before doing Valkyr prime. 

Its all giphy.gifwhich makes me so mad.

I am okay with lore inconsistency regarding Valkyr. The old lore sucked in comparision to new and amazing direction game is taking with the childlike Tenno. We need more stories about ten year old Tenno dealing with growing up and less about warframes which are i must say least interesting part of the game.

21 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Like i said on the third page, you guys are just creating your own lore at this point

And you're not? We have no solid evidence that everything on Tortured-Valkyr belongs to the Corpus. Some appearances on Tortured-Valkyr could very well belonged to Valkyr Primed first; however, there's no evidence to support this nor denying it. We know that this is how she looks like after being tortured, but we don't know which part did the Corpus implanted and which was already there. The Stalker and Excalibur share the same body design, but who was the one that had it first and who copied it later? We don't know, there's no concrete evidence that will answer it, same with Valkyr.

Every version of the lore here are pure interpretation of what little concrete evidence we have, including yours.

2 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

Now you guys are building up your own lore at this point. This is not the point of this thread and i cant keep up with all the answers. Let me just say this...

Valkyr's lore states she was tortured by Alad V(corpus) which resulted on what we have now, the default Valkyr skin. The descritption on the Gersemi skin also states before Alad V experiments, there was Gersemi. So it's safe to assume Gersemi WAS the pre-torture/corpus Valkyr. And if the orokin ie Primes was before all that stuff, then that makes no sense having a Valkyr prime based on her tortured form, which is AFTER Gersemi. 

Just putting that here. DE made a mistake... And as a Valkyr die hard player i feel extremely triggered. This is not right.

-Tells people they are making up their own lore-

-makes an assumption in the same post-

Okay kiddo. Ima let you have your opinion. But after reading the whole thread all you're doing is trying to state that your interpretation of the lore is more valid. When both sides of this argument are using the exact same references and just interpreting it differently. I don't think these guys are telling you that you are wrong. Actually they are giving a possible lore theory that would explain this situation. You've got the right to not like their idea. You've got the right to not like this visual look. But you don't have the right to say your idea is more correct.

The lore is old, non specific, and open ended. DE is litterally writing things as they add content. Lore will change in an ever changing game. WF doesn't have the luxury of having a pre established universe like most games do. For me the explanation these posters have given is adequate. I can see parts of both skins in her prime along with some of her other cosmetics. I'm a Valkyr main too.

3 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

When she got leaked in the game, i looked at her model and told myself "Is she based on her default skin?!", i then proceeded to ignore it because of how i hate being spoiled. Earlier this week, one of my clan mate showed me the prime bond accessory leak. And i freaked out.

Even worst, today while watching the devstream, i saw this:

yeeBuxj.png

Corpus prime? How can that be?

I hope i'm not the only one that is very annoyed with the Valkyr prime design. How can her corpus bits on her default skin be primed?? That doesn't make any sense. 

This is a mistake, please DE, redo the Valkyr prime model and do it right. I did not wait 2.5 years for this stuff. 

Edit: I'm talking about the corpus bits on her arms, as well as the prime bond. Sorry for the confusion.

Did we ever find out the difference between prime and regular frames like who did the non-prime versions? I'm not sure if this is headcanon but I thought Primes were made before everything. Then the non-prime version.

If that's the case then you could pretty much rationalize anything on prime as "lol Ballas". Maybe they liked the way it looked or they had tge same idea Alad had.

Meanhile the deluxe would be considered "before Alad" but "after prime" and still fit fine in canon. Like you can have the orginal design of something but it might look different then the prototype. Yet a modded version could made similar to prototype.

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721

I've seen many comments trashing Valkyr Prime's design because it is based on regular Valkyr and not her Gersemi skin. Gersemi Valkyr was how Valkyr (not Valkyr Prime) looked like before Alad V mutilated and experimented on her. Alad V, as we know from The Second Dream, is an Orokin. What if he experimented on Valkyr and physically mutilated her so that he could replicate how Valkyr Prime, the original and supreme Valkyr, looked like? It's not the first time the Corpus have tried to reverse engineer Orokin technology (see Braton and Braton Prime).