Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's up with these premium skins?

tbeest

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

In order: Palatine, Strega, Knave and Ash deluxe. 

They look so similar. Is there some sort of theme DE is trying to go for here? Is it hinting at something? I don't know..

They have kind of stopped feeling unique to me.

Edited by tbeest

14 minutes ago, tbeest said:

They look so similar. Is there some sort of theme DE is trying to go for here? Is it hinting at something? I don't know..

The same artist worked on those deluxe skins. His name is Francois Cannels and his ign is Ignusdei(also his deviantart name). He freelances for DE with the deluxe skins, he did quite a couple of fanart concepts and DE took notice. I think one of his fan concepts named Luke was the inspiration for Mesa.

Edited by Shreiko

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Yeah, all of those are IgnisDei's style. That's why they all look so similar. It's like having someone design clothes, a shared pattern in the design may be noticed.

I'd like to see a change of theme to be honest. "That's just your opinion", yes it is. But with nearly half of the deluxe skins (excluding the DS ones) in this style I think it's enough..

3 minutes ago, Shreiko said:

The same artist worked on those deluxe skins. His name is Francois Cannels and his ign is Ignusdei(also his deviantart name). He freelances for DE with the deluxe skins, he did quite a couple of fanart concepts and DE took notice. I think one of his concepts named fan concepts named Luke was inspiration for Mesa.

You think ? :D

http://ignusdei.deviantart.com/art/Luke-410568511

7 minutes ago, Shreiko said:

More like I know but I'm not sure if DE gave credit. I know that DE takes a lot of inspiration for frames from the fan concepts. Good number of frames influenced by them, another being Zephyr (that was a scandal) among others.

Mmh i'm a complete ignorant about what frame was inspired by what work, except for official lines like the Deluxe one. But they said in a devstream a few months ago they were very interested by a dozen fan concepts if i remember well. (Infested frame is surely one of those. Bet my right hand.)

Edited by Stonehenge

1 minute ago, Stonehenge said:

Mmh i'm a complete ignorant about what frame was inspired by what work, except for official lines like the Deluxe one. But they said in a devstream a few months ago they were very interested by a dozen fan concepts if i remember well. (Infested frame is surely one of those. Bet my right hand.)

Yup I remember what frames inspired the infested frame, problem is they are really old posts and have been archived. Won't be able to find and link them easily. The infested one is one that the people who loved the concept have been pushing for for soooo long, there is fanart of the fanart .

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

I believe [DE]Minky designed all those deluxe skins, didn't he?

Same artist = similar design schemes.

Mynki does the prime frames and I think he has done some deluxe skins but the ones with this design language are by Ignusdei.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

I believe [DE]Minky designed all those deluxe skins, didn't he?

Same artist = similar design schemes.

Mynki is Lead Artist, and usually designs the Warframes, their Primes, and sometimes he's done some deluxe skins like Valkyr. Concepts on Deluxe are being given by either IgnisDei's or other members at DE who don't usually work on the character conception progress so directly, like that man who worked on Asuri Nova (don't remember his name, sorry man :P) or Kary, who's in charge of Zephyr.

1 hour ago, tbeest said:

I love so much the new art :) its looks like made by ancient sage XD 

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Mynki is Lead Artist, and usually designs the Warframes, their Primes, and sometimes he's done some deluxe skins like Valkyr. Concepts on Deluxe are being given by either IgnisDei's or other members at DE who don't usually work on the character conception progress so directly, like that man who worked on Asuri Nova (don't remember his name, sorry man :P) or Kary, who's in charge of Zephyr.

image.jpg

1 hour ago, tbeest said:

I'd like to see a change of theme to be honest. "That's just your opinion", yes it is. But with nearly half of the deluxe skins (excluding the DS ones) in this style I think it's enough..

I disagree. I'd like to see all deluxe skins to continue this trend.