Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: 19.1.0 Ash Revisited

[DE]Megan

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Endo (4K) 
  • Endo (2K) (radically lowered drop chance and spread across new additions) 
  • 3 Day Booster 
  • Lens/Greater Lens
  • 3 Nitain
  • Forma
  • Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint
  • Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
  • Legendary Core

Please note regarding these changes that we took the large 2000 Endo chances and chopped/reassigned to give a more diverse set of options to have variety of other rewards. We are aiming to make the full drop table more broadly appealing. When The War Within launched, we added Rivens to Sorties as a common drop to be the new, interesting, and unique evergreen goal for players in Sorties.  Rivens remain common with these changes as we see them as the ultimate goal for Sorties. Regarding Nitain specifically, the majority of our recently active players have less than 9 Nitain in their accounts and there is considerable interest in some new ways to acquire, so we are trying out Sorties as an option. A next step here is being considered to add a completely new Ayatan in the place of 2K Endo to give collectors and Endo hunters something to look forward to. 

So....hundreds of comments told you to remove 2k endo, Nitains and Forma from that table, because you deluting it too much...and here we are. 2k endo...3 Nitain...Forma...

May i ask you, [DE] stuff, what is the point of testing group (we are) and forum comments in general, if you ignore it over and over again?

I am not one, to like to trash talk, and I am someone who has spent too much time and money on this game, to be silent, when you ruin my favorite frame.

I have played for 757 Hours, I have used ash for 14% of that, and Ash Prime for 3%, I have over 78k kills between them, and have loved them both since I got them, I have 8 formas between them, and have never enjoyed another frame half as much. If you change Blade storm, to require you to stop, and mark targets, you ruin the only thing Ash has going for him. As is a tank, in that ash can not take damage, or be effected by anything while in blade storm. I have carried hundreds of games with him, because while everyone else runs away to extraction, you are able to hold off mobs and kill, quickly and easily, while they run. You are making him stand still, and get unloaded on, to mark a target up to 3 times. I have used all 18 attacks on one heavy before, and loved all 18 cut scenes, because it's funny to me. But doing this, takes one of the few, still good, still close to original, and fun frames, and ruins them. I can't say I'll stop playing after this. But I doubt WF will ever be a game I enjoy again. I am sad to see how far you have torn it from glory, with buggy mechanics, the worst tilesets, I have ever played, trying to slow people down, with more junk in the way, is the worst form, of player time management. I am so sad to see this game slowly drop, and become a chore to do anything, now these quests feel like WoW where I have to kill 73,276 wolves, to collect 10 rings, for the farmers daughter, who by the way, while you were willing wolves, was kidnapped. These are the worst form of quest in any game, and ruin a game faster then Pay to Win Cash shops. I truly had hopped, after I was done with Basic, that WF would be here for me, but CLEARLY it won't be. 

Bread is still bread, we don't F with that, cause it's already good, but I mean sure, Throw a wrench in a turbine engine, and sure, you get some effect from it.

- With Sad regards, Grand Master MrGambel

20 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

They should just delete 2k Endo as a reward.

Nahh.. gambling with rewards is much more fun! RIGHT?! *sarcasm*

Imagine this..  if your salaries IRL were also RNG like sorties..

"Oh you worked 42 hours this week? Well you get only 50% of your pay.. because I rolled the dice!"
"Wow you worked 38 hours? The RNG of your salary says I will pay you 125% of what you should get!"

"Wait you did 10 hours overtime this week? Hah sorry the dice decided that you only get 25% of the pay (which in our case is 2K endo..)

Anyhow what I'm trying to say is.. why are sortie rewards so RNG with bad rewards? The bad rewards shouldn't be there in 1st place.. it's a REWARD for 3 missions.. not a lottery raffle entrance requirement that we complete, sigh.. Please @[DE]Rebecca, guys just think about it from our point of view for a second.

We want to feel rewarded and not punished with what we get after spending our time in high level missions, because honestly we could earn that 2K endo anywhere else and in much shorter time than what we spend in sorties along with much less effort + other valuable rewards with it.

The feeling when you get 2K endo or any of those low tier rewards is like a kick in the groin, makes you feel like you wasted your time with it than give you a feeling of being rewarded along with a euphoria of accomplishment.. and discourages you to do sorties in future.

Just my two cents,

~Jester.

A lot fun abilities were nerfed, crap rewards were introduced. Only fun frame left is Banshee now, but probably will be nerfed soon. I understand DE good wishes to bring some dynamism in game, but why I should use Ash now if I can take Mirage/synoid and without any problem can clear any 140lv map.

Old players do not need more nitain or formas imho. Hell, I dont need focus lens reward too. 

Why not finish focus system first?

Edited by Kiaune

Aside from the really bad efficiency on the new bladestorm it's not that bad of a change and not really a nerf, he's just not press 4 to win anymore.

Still, even with 2 efficiency mods you use over 200 energy per bladestorm if you mark about 30 enemies once each, something that the old bladestorm did with less than 100 energy with 1 efficiency mod. You are basically saying: you wanna use your 4 to kill these 50 enemies around you? Well then use up all your energy marking these guys, try not to die doing it and good luck with the next 100.

This needs to be fixed to at least use less energy per enemy marked, something like a little less than half of what it is now because right now ash's bladestorm is something you don't want to use ever in a big fight and not worth it on stealth, and even with the cost I proposed it would still cost at least 100 energy with 2 efficiency mods per 30 enemies marking each one only once with this system.

There are other things that would help like only using energy on the first mark on each enemy or making the marking mode take energy per second with a cost of about 50 energy to activate it after marking and so on. I really didn't find this change to the ultimate that bad but there are a lot more ways that this could be done, is it more interactive now? Yes, but that could have been done simply taking the old ash's bladestorm and making that he jumps from enemy to enemy accourding to where you are looking and end it when there's no more enemies or the player doesnt want to keep going and presses 4 again, it would still be a pretty strong skill but you would need to choose your targets and it could potentialy need some skill to control it with weapons that make the animations faster.

Anyways the new Ash is not too bad but right now he is just a weaker loki without disarm and with a 4 that can potentialy use all of your energy to kill a room of enemies, so I really hope this changes soon.

Edited by Frederico2512

I'm disappointed with the Ash skin, specifically the fact that the primary, secondary, tertiary and accent colors all have both metallic and non-metallic textures tied to them. Having metals and non-metals in the same color looks terrible 99% of the time. Either the non-metals look dull and ugly next to the vibrant, shiny metallic version of the color, or the metals look gaudy and tacky next to the comparatively muted non-metal version - or both of these things at once. This skin would be great if the metals and non-metals had been put on separate colors.

I'm also pretty disappointed to learn that the Smeeta double pickup buff wasn't meant to work on syndicate medals and Ayatan stars - the bonus medals/stars were the main reason I endured having an AI companion that constantly draws aggro while I'm trying to stealth. I guess I'll be going back to Carrier/Helios with no weapon equipped until we get an option to command our animal companions not to attack.

Forma into sorties!? I thought forma drops needed a nerf! I did a 40min fissure survival the other day and got 6 forma blueprints. Please dont keep the forma as sortie rewardsT_T cause i know thats all i'll get. but thanks for the ash skin!!! woooo! Ive been waiting so long for it! My body is ready!!

1) Ash nerf is appreciated. Hopefully I'll see less of them now that they have to actually play the game with Bladestorm. 

2) New Ash skin is beautiful 

3) Riven mods were "common"? Really? Fairly certain I got 2k endo in every sortie I did post-TWW and I've only a few between TWW launch and this update 

9 hours ago, 3thereal said:

Dude Nyx's kit is in such a great place compared to oberon, hydriod, limbo etc.

1. Is kinda lackluster but most 1s are

2. Gives you control of a strong unit of your choosing

3. Gives you a great CC ability

4. Is God mode with damage

She is an amazing frame.

Lets not even get started on oberon!! when i heard about oberon i was hyped from playing alot of guardian on gw2 but then we get this....

I know Nyx is a really good frame, but it is all about her 3rd still since you can get some epic range and duration on that, other than that her other abilities don't shine so much

Well, here it is, Ash rework in the system. 

What I like about it:

teleport- I can target an exploding barrel, fan or object that can be destroyed and teleport to it

what I don't get-

Bladestorm- can target enemies by pressing 4 once, which does work, it is smooth and fluid allowing me mobility while setting up my target sweep. How ever that is about as far as it goes. It sweeps across a room, targets everything my cursor hits and then I fire it off. Now, I get that you wanted it to be fast,we want it to be fast. Unfortunately I do not feel as in control of bladestorm as I anticipated this rework to provide. It does work, I can target multiple mobs, I can target one mob, how ever I cannot target 1 lancer in a crowd and move past him to the heavy gunner, then to the bombard. instead when I sweep across I am targeting, lancer, all his squad mates, heavy gunner, bombard all in the same sweep, pretty much exactly like before but now I press the button twice instead of once. I wanted to enjoy this new rework and don't get me wrong with some adjustments and time I will go on using ash to his fullest potential because I am a gamer, and I adapt to the changes, and I do not lock myself into one style of play. I can see some potential in how bladestorm is currently working, but I definitely feel that more work needs to be done on this skill. In its current state it is not what I expected at all. 

I am not sure I understand how this is more effective or more engaging than previously. I am still hitting everything at once, I am still locked into an animation I cannot get out of, and I still cannot selectively pick each target for that bladestorm effect. --

Teleport would of been more effective a change had you included things like the containers we have to click on to open, the door lock interfaces, or simply allowed us to "paint" the location we want to teleport to and go there. simply teleport to cursor location would of been a brilliant rework of this skill. 

Shuriken- Why can't we simply aim the shuriken? it should aim to cursor, not auto target to some other location. I tried to hit a fan with it, instead of going to the fan, it went into the floor trying to kill the lancers on the other side of the fan below me. This is not what I was trying to hit, makes the skill ineffective and unfunctional. It is impractical to have the shuriken auto aiming and going to its own self designated target instead of going to cursor and being aimed by the player. 

In your notes you said this is part of a new project to give players more control..Yet we don't have more control. We have the same control, reworked. Give me control of ash, 

Teleport to mark placed by player at cursor

bladestorm aim ( I like the aim ability actually that part in itself is quite nice) should be able to be designated by player, not simply sweep across the room. I want to mark specific targets not just mark all targets in a random sweep while smoke screened. 

shuriken, go to cursor, let me aim the shuriken. no zoom, no special anything, just shoot to cursor. 

This is player controled dynamics...What you have now is static passivity. 

After using Ash, a couple problems stand out instantly.

1. Bladestorm is too slow to use effectively now. Marking process is too long and it doesn't even kill high end enemies anymore. The whole marking X amount of times thing should go away. Once the enemy is marked, Ash hits him till he's dead, period.

2. Energy consumption is too high.

Why couldn't you simply reduce the number of marked enemies in the old Bladestorm and increase the energy cost, I don't know, about 25%, and be done with it instead of doing this. At first glance the new ulti seems alright, until you are in the middle of a bunch of enemies and you get killed while marking them one by one. Complete fail. I guess only Ember gets to press 4 and win...