The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which melee would work best with Valkyr?

KisaPrime

Question

I know the weapon doesn't matter and only the mods do when it comes to her 4th skill. Though since I tend to not stay in her 4th skill much unless I'm about to die or there are too many enemies. I would want a melee that wasn't crap but had all the mods she needed for her 4th skill. Since I got Valkyr I've been using the Prisma Dual Cleavers as my main melee weapon with her. Though after seeing some people using the Scindo Prime with her it makes me wonder if that might be a better choice. If anyone else knows of a better weapon to pair with Valkyr, I'm all ears for it. 

I like the Tekko or Venka Prime as appearance wise they fit the most with how she looks. If you want a weapon that you can mod for Hysteria and still be good out of it, most heavy weapons or dual swords work, as do the Venka Prime.

17 minutes ago, mustache_kitteh said:

Though after seeing some people using the Scindo Prime with her it makes me wonder if that might be a better choice.

I don't think there is any wrong choice with Valkyr.  Her hysteria only uses mods, yes, but it is warcry's speed boost that urges some folk to select heavy weapons.  Jat Kittag, scindo prime, other weapons that are normally very slow can become hilariously fast and fun as heck to use.

Jat kittag with the rathuum augment is my favorite combo with valkyr.

8 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

secura lecta. You need maiming strike and healing return for it to be your favorite credit killing machine.

Nothing needs maiming strike or healing return to do the job, its a valkyr post, just use ulti to heal and secura lecta itself can kill lv 100 things pretty easily with 2 forma in it. 

1 hour ago, mustache_kitteh said:

I know the weapon doesn't matter and only the mods do when it comes to her 4th skill. Though since I tend to not stay in her 4th skill much unless I'm about to die or there are too many enemies. I would want a melee that wasn't crap but had all the mods she needed for her 4th skill. Since I got Valkyr I've been using the Prisma Dual Cleavers as my main melee weapon with her. Though after seeing some people using the Scindo Prime with her it makes me wonder if that might be a better choice. If anyone else knows of a better weapon to pair with Valkyr, I'm all ears for it. 

I generally take anything that looks good. Venka, Jat Kittag, Prisma Skana, Mios, etc...

1 hour ago, Icarican_Justicar said:

Nothing needs maiming strike or healing return to do the job, its a valkyr post, just use ulti to heal and secura lecta itself can kill lv 100 things pretty easily with 2 forma in it. 

hysteria is a crutch ability, and maiming strike allows for red crit on slide attacks. I only use warcry :/

Edited by -Voltage-

I actually use Fragor Prime, to maximize crit chance and crit power, plus its naturally-high damage.  Adding in a power build with Rage and Warcry with Endless War means after taking a hit or two I can swing it around like Mario in Donkey Kong and keep it up pretty much indefinitely.  Then, thanks to Rage, I can heal up with Hysteria real quick if I get knocked around a little too much.  It also resonates well with Paralysis, since you can open up enemies for finishers, and hammers deal heavy finisher damage (2400% according to the wiki).

Keep in mind I missed the events with Stalker's little buddies so I don't have any of their mods, which apparently change up the meta a lot if you have them.

47 minutes ago, SoulHunter2008 said:

Am I the only one who fully enjoys Prisma Dual Cleavers? High crit, high status, good damage, a fracking augment that gives bonus damage, boosts armor, and returns health what else could you want?

P.S. I don't use a stance or Hysteria

SoulHunter2008

I just used my Prisma Dual Cleavers that not only use berserk and the augment mod but also an almost maxed out primed fury. Adding warcry to that and only crap the speed! I haven't had a weapon make me this excited from how fast I was attacking in a very long time.

... Based from my observation and experience, Valkyr melee mods make the difference than the weapon themselves in order to contribute to her ability stats. Most players will recommend high critical damaging weapons than elemental damaging ones, but there are other players that would recommend fast attacking speed weapons instead. My preference is to enable Valkyr to kill on first contact by using either Furax Wraith or Dual Ichor melee weapons along with Steel Charge warframe mod equipped. (I would also recommend using a Coaction Drift or Power Drift mod too).  **Good Luck, Tenno !!!