The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus discussion Post Devstream 84

Domesticon

7 hours ago, Domesticon said:

Happy to see this spurned a lot of discussion and was eventually made the defacto megathread. I figuired I'd share some additional thoughts that I had after thinking things over for a bit.

1. The "Infested Stacks" that are not officially named yet should be called Biomass in my opinion. This makes sense due to the abilities that are used to charge it. The 1 and 4 namely. With how the abilities work it could be taken as he's in a sense eating the enemies he uses the abilities on, adding to his own internal biomass.

2. I've heard a lot of suggestions for him to spawn better Infested when he has more stacks, I still would prefer my approach to it, but if that does not happen, I can fully agree to that idea, the usefulness of the maggots is questionable right now.

3. This one isn't entirely about the frame, but is anyone else really curious what weapons he'll come with? Infested weapons are always fascinating so I wonder if we'll get even more with it.

4. How will Range affect the First ability? Will it only make it longer or will it make it longer and wider?

1. Biomass sounds cool and reminds me of Prototype :D

2. I'd like to summon a Juggernaut on full stack

3. Dunno if he comes with infested weapons , i like them

4. Seems range only effects its length , not width

2 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

It's probably me being nitpicky, but I want Symbiotic Link renamed to Symbiosis to distinguish it from Link, even if just a little. I am curious to see if it works on allies boosting their damage like the devs said during PAX Aus panel though.

Symbiosis sounds much better imo.

How about this Symbiosis idea ?

Nidus grants ;

• HP regen at same rate of his passive ( slowly while active , rapidly while on infested area )
  •  " X% Damage Boost " or " X% Power Strength "

to bound ally and gains ;

• 75% Damage Reduction ( not affected by Power Strength )

I know its not a well thought idea but wanted to give it a try :) 

Edited by Aeon94

3 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Symbiosis sounds much better imo.

How about this Symbiosis idea ?

Nidus grants ;

• HP regen at same rate of his passive ( slowly while active , rapidly while on infested area )
  •  " X% Damage Boost " or " X% Power Strength "

to bound ally and gains ;

• 75% Damage Reduction ( not affected by Power Strength )

I know its not a well thought idea but wanted to give it a try :)

%75 damage reduction too op how about iron skin like rhino 

1 hour ago, Darkneblade_TR said:

%75 damage reduction too op how about iron skin like rhino 

Maybe 30% and its affected by Power Strenght ( capped at 75% )?

u know it gives invulnerability and redirects all damage taken to target when used on enemy

and I think using on an ally must offer something useful in return :T

Also no more Iron skin/Warding halo pls

Edited by Aeon94

My only issue with Nidus the "vortex" animation. I would like to see if they add some trilobyte like animation with tentacles which grab the mobs and stick them in one place. The current one seems uninspiring the infested icewave is not problematic since each abilities of other frames are copies and modifications. The maggots can be viable if they can leech the enemies and help their master with sharing life.

The link seems interesting if it possible to do with more enemies by levelling that ability. 

The major question for him is the hp value and the armor value since we have an inaros which use only hp and have a decent armor rate.

The hp regen is a different story that is equal with the energy regen should be passive for all frames so it is not so unique passive instead he could transform into a more stronger version of "infested" with similar mechanics what equinox is.

Otherwise I like the design but this frame could be good with these three frame in a quartet : Inaros, Nekros, Hydroid. Each with their spawn craps and armies of infested-zombie-scarab-tentacle master races. Other options up to also but this could be viable.

13 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

My only issue with Nidus the "vortex" animation. I would like to see if they add some trilobyte like animation with tentacles which grab the mobs and stick them in one place. The current one seems uninspiring the infested icewave is not problematic since each abilities of other frames are copies and modifications.

Indeed, it looked as though the visual effects weren't hooked up yet, the biggest one being Nidus' adapted form. In the concept art we saw that tendrils should have a custom model with 4 large tentacles and some smaller ones that grab enemies, heck even his ability icon looks like that. I hope it's just being added before release and not skipped.

Also, Maggots were supposed to have their own new model as well. Hope that goes in too.

Edited by PsiWarp

First ability giving energy back on success + gaining energy on multiple success hits  - hopefully the damage it good, because that little effect is nice. 
Second ability R.I.P vauban? 
Third ability - oh boy... link onto a lv 100++ bombard and never die. 
Fourth ability - continuous CC, which gets stacks back (3 1/2 shown in the stream) so a few other first abilities and you can use it while its still in use

Passive- stack this with rejuv aura, and arcane grace and youve got another inaros god

I didnt see what his armor is, hopefully its good enough to work with that hp regen. 

With a duration/range build, and medium strength. I'm sure he's gonna be pretty great to use.

How about we let Nidus to steal Infested Eximus Auras for duration of Symbiosis ( Symbiotic Link ) ? Ofc as additional interaction with Infested :T

Symbiosis

When used on Infested Eximi units ;

• Nidus steals Eximus Aura from target and augments his 1st ability with additional effects ( Nidus keeps buffs as long as he is bound to target )
  1. Sanguine Buff - Nidus steals life from enemies hit by 1st ability ( 20% of damage done to per enemy )
  2. Venomous Buff - Nidus gains 10% toxic resistance and 1st ability deals additional toxic damage with guaranteed toxin proc
  3. Caustic Buff - Nidus gains 10% fire resistance and 1st ability deals additional fire damage with guaranteed heat proc
  4. Parasitic Buff - No idea atm 

Feel free to share your opinions :)

Edited by Aeon94

1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:

Indeed, it looked as though the visual effects weren't hooked up yet, the biggest one being Nidus' adapted form. In the concept art we saw that tendrils should have a custom model with 4 large tentacles and some smaller ones that grab enemies, heck even his ability icon looks like that. I hope it's just being added before release and not skipped.

Also, Maggots were supposed to have their own new model as well. Hope that goes in too.

Tendrils and Maggots that shown in stream were just placeholders.

I'm sure DE will update their visuals :D

17 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

How about we let Nidus to steal Infested Eximus Auras for duration of Symbiosis ( Symbiotic Link ) ? Ofc as additional interaction with Infested :T

The problem with abilities that are specific to certain enemy types is that it pigeonholes the frame too much, think pre-rework Mag.

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

The problem with abilities that are specific to certain enemy types is that it pigeonholes the frame too much, think pre-rework Mag.

Yes it could be a problem but giving small buffs to his 1st and some resistances via Infested Eximus Link is not even close to corpus-abuse of Pre-Rework Mag :T

Edited by Aeon94

I'm not completely sold over it. His fourth ability needs to be beefed up before release and I'm concerned on the difference of roles for Nidus's 3 and Trinity's Link(I just want to know specifically what the differences between the two abilities are.). Other than that I like the frame and will probably attempt to acquire it as soon as it's out.

Edited by Darkmoone1
clarification.

1 minute ago, Darkmoone1 said:

I'm not completely sold over it. His fourth ability needs to be beefed up before release and I'm concerned on the difference of Nidus's 3 and Trinity's Link. Other than that I like the frame and will probably attempt to acquire it as soon as it's out.

Agreed. Infest should do a little more than being a giant healing pad for Nidus and spawning pool for Maggots. It should be worthwhile to have to collect stacks in the first place. It's a mass of infectious infestation spread over open ground, so damage over time, slowing move/attack speed, and other debuffs/procs sound like reasonable properties to include. I hope it also heals your teammates too.

Looking at the stream again, it seems that Symbiotic Link is really similar to Link, in that I noticed Nidus taking a very tiny bit of damage when attacked during his time linked with that 1st Lancer. Which means it transfers a percentage of damage received and that is likely modified by Power Strength.

On 12.12.2016 at 0:36 AM, Vesiga said:

First ability giving energy back on success + gaining energy on multiple success hits  - hopefully the damage it good, because that little effect is nice. 
Second ability R.I.P vauban? 
Third ability - oh boy... link onto a lv 100++ bombard and never die. 
Fourth ability - continuous CC, which gets stacks back (3 1/2 shown in the stream) so a few other first abilities and you can use it while its still in use

Passive- stack this with rejuv aura, and arcane grace and youve got another inaros god

I didnt see what his armor is, hopefully its good enough to work with that hp regen. 

With a duration/range build, and medium strength. I'm sure he's gonna be pretty great to use.

Just this, first swarm will enable another and u can finally spam it every few steps and laught as maggots chomp on everything.

1) I hope to god the tentacle and maggots shown in stream are placeholders. I need better visuals from you DE!

2)His 1 should have some CC please, like impaling people caught for a shirt duration.

3)3 Looks feckin' solid. But Volt's 4 looked solid and then they put damage cap on it, so I'm cautious as to my expectations this time.

4)His stacks should bring unique forms of infested with higher stacks, and stacking should have no cap. How awesome would it be if you could spawn healers and a juggernaut!

5)I think his symbiosis targets should have a chance of turning into infested units, and infested units of coming under his control and becoming allied!

Cautiously optimistic. 

Edited by Evanescent

I think it's funny how this thread turned into a concept thread when they clearly have finished the abilities already. What's a proper idiom for this? Closing the barn doors after the cows ran off? I think I got that one wrong, but the point is they're not gonna change much if at all, so no hordes of friendly juggernauts for you.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

I think it's funny how this thread turned into a concept thread when they clearly have finished the abilities already. What's a proper idiom for this? Closing the barn doors after the cows ran off? I think I got that one wrong, but the point is they're not gonna change much if at all, so no hordes of friendly juggernauts for you.

But now they know what the fans ACTUALLY want and can use it for updates/augments to the frame moving forward. Drop the attitude and actually contribute to the discussion instead of just trying to look clever.

1 hour ago, Domesticon said:

Drop the attitude and actually contribute to the discussion

I'm tactless. And no, there's nothing to say besides initial impressions (I hate it, I love it, it should've been Typus durr durr), then later the hands on demo'ing which is where we can provide actual feedback.

But if you want what feedback I can provide now....I am concerned about the nullifier interactions brought up earlier. Building a super just to have them waltz in and knock over your sandcastle is very unappealing, especially considering how much more vulnerable you are without the shield buffer.

The maggot farm is fine. People wanting hulking monsters emerging are too simple. Ants in the Amazon can strip the flesh off an animal in seconds so numbers count too not just muscle mass. Though they could spiffy it up more visually, maybe with some extra tentacle stalks nabbing people as well as swarming them with maggots.

The parasite/symbiote thing is fine. Anyone who's dealt with a heavily armored eximus unit knows that could be really useful ability for singling out a target.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja