Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A sort of compromise (Excalibur Prime)

(PSN)reddragonhrcro

First of I would like to point out before I start the topic that this is not a thread about asking for founder exclusive items so that any confusion can be avoide.

As we all know every now and then appear threads with people asking for the founder exclusive items(such as Excalibur Prime) and if they can be obtained in any way.Sadly for those who weren't around for that time when it was present they missed it, that train has left the station long time ago and won't ever come back.It is a promise given to those who helped create this game by investing their money into it with obvious risk.Without them Warframe may not even exist today so it should be respected.

With that out of the way I'm coming to my second point, the compromise.Since there is no way to obtain it there is a way to have these present in the game without breaking the given promise.By making a quest that is given by a fellow Tenno(NPC) that happens to be using Excalibur Prime along Skana Prime and Lato Prime(maybe a primary prime weapon aswell).Don't have any specific story elements and details in mind but the Tenno would appear in missions as an ally and we would be able to scan him and Excalibur Prime would appear in the codex as an ally(An ally section needs to be added to the codex since there is none yet despite ally scans existing).One of the quest rewards would be the Excalibur Prime specter(using the mentioned weapons).Functonally the specter would be like any other warframe specter(use all abilities and weapons) but possibly stronger and would be treated as a unique specter thats built directly(like Moa, Ancient, Clem Clone and other specters).More specter blueprints are obtainable by doing a weekly mission given by this Tenno.(found at relay maybe?)

That way those who aren't founders could use and see them up close, especially console users since even founder members who switched to console weren't able to transfer their founders gear.And it wouldn't break the promise since it wouldn't be directly usable by the player.

So what do you all think?

Edited by (PS4)reddragonhrcro
typo

I disagree with this simply because it is pointless.

I wouldn't mind it, not one bit, but I don't see any actual benefit form having an ally that happens to be excalibur prime. (I mean, I'd use him over clem clones but yeah).

If you really want something that appeals to everyone, make a quest that gives mastery for excal prime and his weapons without actually giving them to you.

Also regarding the person above, since it is relevant: gear does not have xp.

Edited by BeeOverlord

10 minutes ago, BeeOverlord said:

I wouldn't mind it, not one bit, but I don't see any actual benefit form having an ally that happens to be excalibur prime. (I mean, I'd use him over clem clones but yeah).

If you really want something that appeals to everyone, make a quest that gives mastery for excal prime and his weapons without actually giving them to you.

Mastery points are a thing.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

True. But when it comes to Excalibur Prime in particular, I just don't get it.

As pointed out, people will keep coming and asking about it so if anything atleast this should be the second best option thats legal(or 3rd considering Umbra is a thing).Personally not stuck to Excal Prime like some people are with wanting him so bad but got the idea randomy last night and thought it worth a shot.

Also as @Sophista and @shadowfire380 said it, purely for fun, doesn't have to be neccesary, its just an option like the whole thing around Clem and him getting a quest, he started out as a meme or something along the line until they made him into an actual character with a quest.Also this could be the first quest given by a fellow Tenno rather than the usual crowd(Lotus,Ordis,syndicates or factions)

@BeeOverlord as for the mastery not sure how that would be made to work as it would have to exclude founders from getting mastery thats the total amount of exclusive items.But then again does it really matter? DE keeps adding frames, weapons and gear with updates and they surely ain't gonna stop that, so we will reach mastery rank 30 at some point with or without them.

Edited by (PS4)reddragonhrcro

3 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

But what would this solve? The biggest grievances people have with the founders gear is that they either can't use the gear / have their appearance, and that they can't  get the mastery from it, neither of which would be addressed by this. 

It would solve some of it but not all of it sadly as you pointed out, some thing can't be worked around and are as they are.Atleast some people would be happy.

6 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

But what would this solve? The biggest grievances people have with the founders gear is that they either can't use the gear / have their appearance, and that they can't  get the mastery from it, neither of which would be addressed by this. 

i was unlucky enough to be born too late, to see some of my fav musical performances live.
now, i can buy CDs.

id does not solve my problem.
yet it helps.

and seriously, spectres are in game, so not like it would require a lot of codding(afaik)
+ another quest

+moar excal.

Edited by Sophista

6 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

It would solve some of it but not all of it sadly as you pointed out, some thing can't be worked around and are as they are.Atleast some people would be happy.

Yeah, but nobody really has an issue with the particular changes this would dabble in, at least not that I've seen. 

5 minutes ago, Sophista said:

i was unlucky enough to be born too late, to see some of my fav musical performances live.
now, i can buy CDs.

id does not solve my problem.
yet it helps.

and seriously, spectres are in game, so not like it would require a lot of codding(afaik)
+ another quest

+moar excal.

I do not understand this comparison in the least. 

no. having him in the game at all is completely pointless, and this only serves to further saltiness of some non-founders.

at this point I wish DE would just blacklist the words "founders Items" and "Excalibur Prime" here on the forums so that either nobody can use them, or the mods can immediately lock the thread. all these threads ever lead to is a flame war or a pointless idea like the one above.

@reddragonhrcro 

Here's how it works. You do the quest and you get mastery for the existing excal prime and his items. You still don't actually get any of them.

Thats all there is to it. It will literally eliminate any reason to demand them ever again once umbra gets released.

Edited by BeeOverlord

2 hours ago, BeeOverlord said:

be nice to give us the mastery we lost out on but yeah in the end this whole idea is pretty pointless. all that extra work for what? a specter?

33 minutes ago, BeeOverlord said:

@reddragonhrcro 

Here's how it works. You do the quest and you get mastery for the existing excal prime and his items. You still don't actually get any of them.

Thats all there is to it. It will literally eliminate any reason to demand them ever again once umbra gets released.

Aware of what you are trying to say but as I pointed out, they would have to make it work that only non-founders get the mastery.

On another note @(PS4)robotwars7 this may be pointless but then again to that logic what isn't? It's only an idea thats intended to add something potentialy fun while trying to expand elements into the game, Excal P is part of the WF universe but on consoles he is practicly nonexistant as explained earlier(and as someone who likes lore and quests, thought it may be a nice take on it).And yeah I hate threads asking for Excal P as much as the next guy but atleast I brought up an idea in hopes that it may partially solve some things about it. Even a founder member ( @Sophista ) seems to like the idea.

And seriously I don't see why some non-founders have to be salty about it, it was just like I explained earlier a limited time offer for those who funded the game in its early days.It is what it is.Personaly don't care much about Excal P and the weapons or even the mastery from it, we are still going to reach 30 at some point no matter what as DE is always adding new stuff.

Just now, PR1D3 said:

be nice to give us the mastery we lost out on but yeah in the end this whole idea is pretty pointless. all that extra work for what? a specter?

As I mentioned earlier, the Specter would be one of the rewards, I didn't specify any details just brought up a general idea but then again some other quests we have didn't exactly give much rewards either.(Clem quest gives a specter and adapter, infestation quest gives heat sword which also is an alert award, Stolen Dreams quest didn't give anything specific that I remember either)But yeah beside that the quest could be an oportunity to get to know a bit more about prime frames and weapons or something from the orokin era, pretty much anything that DE could make fit it.

2 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Yeah, but nobody really has an issue with the particular changes this would dabble in, at least not that I've seen. 

I do not understand this comparison in the least. 

He's saying that people without Excalibur prime wouldn't actually get him but would get something that is enough.

Its the same with the music comparison. He was never there nore will ever get the chance to see his favourite music bands live. He has to live with a compromise called CDs or digital copies.

I'll be honest the idea isn't great compared to just giving a quest that can fill some lore in about how the orokin created their frames and instead rewarding you with codex info and mastery to the exclusive items.

In essence I feel a quest which will reward the mastery and codex info is fine enough. To be honest I do want more depth on who the warframes were originally before they were made and if anyone was willing or if it was all manipulation and forced upon people who didn't want to become a infested husk.