Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Simulor desperately needs to be looked at.

ArtiSylv

At the very least, its synergy with Mirage should be looked at more closely.

I'm not the kind of person to cry for something to get nerfed, especially in a game like this, but the Mirage/Simulor combo actively makes the game less fun for everyone involved. In a co-op game. That's a bad sign.

I know this has probably been talked about to death, but I figure if it's a recurring subject, maybe something will be done

Make it so that Mirage clones can't interact with each other orbs/vortexes ... Boom no more synoid Mirage. Strong weapon get untouched and so does strong frame.

Bonus if DE make it so that vortex only accept opique color and reduce their shine (no miniture suns) and get rid of it sound.

8 minutes ago, Fast_98 said:

Make it so that Mirage clones can't interact with each other orbs/vortexes ... Boom no more synoid Mirage. Strong weapon get untouched and so does strong frame.

Bonus if DE make it so that vortex only accept opique color and reduce their shine (no miniture suns) and get rid of it sound.

So instead of Mirages firing 3 orbs that all combine to create one fully charged orb, you want them to fire 3 orbs that remain seperate, and triple the amount of active vortexes in play.

13 minutes ago, Fast_98 said:

This would literally make the combo even stronger lol

3 minutes ago, Horonelius said:

So instead of Mirages firing 3 orbs that all combine to create one fully charged orb, you want them to fire 3 orbs that remain seperate, and triple the amount of active vortexes in play.

Mirage is used mostly in what mission? Answer: extermination, captures, fast paced missions. 

Ever used the Simulor in those types of mission? It sucks without Mirage bc teammates usually kill everything before the orbs combine.

Fine if you want to go farther maybe decrease the aoe range and power on the clones vortexes?

7 minutes ago, ArtiSylv said:

If I had to guess, that's probably because it contributes nothing to the discussion at hand

You mean the same one that's been done, to quote OP, "to death"?

It's not so much discussion as Deja Vu in text format.

Edited by Irorone

The Synoidrage combo is fantastic for helping rush missions. Sure it's not co-operative but it sure does help speed things up in solo if one does not have the time nor patience to repeat a mission they cannot beat. It's a surefire way to beat cheese with cheese.

Otherwise in co-op it would be nice if we could find a solution in that it wouldn't be so disrupting to others.

36 minutes ago, VentiGlondi said:

You have to congratulate the devs for creating a weapon that's impossible to balance.

The source of complaints is that it's annoying, not necessarily that it's powerful. It deletes mapfuls of low-leveled enemies, but barely tickles high-leveled enemies.
Compare this to the Tigris Prime, which consistently deletes one or two enemies per shot at all levels of play-- making it tremendously powerful without sucking the fun away from teammates.

If the devs want to make SSimulor less annoying without making it less powerful, they should make it less effective on weak enemies and more effective on strong enemies.

Example changes:
- Decrease merge damage (0 stacks) from 175 to 25.
- Increase max stack count from 4 to 10.
- Increase merge damage (max stacks) from 225 to 600.
- Mirage clones now form their own vortexes, rather than all pooling into a single vortex. (This means that Mirage has to slowly ramp up damage like everyone else, rather than tapping M1 twice to instantly reach max ramp-up. She instead gains the advantage of a wider effective damage range.)

Results: 
- it has a much harder time instantly deleting weaker enemies because of the pathetic initial damage.
- it has a much easier time killing tanky enemies and shutting down corridors, as originally intended (I assume), thanks to the gigantic ramp-up damage.
- it places a bigger focus on managing and feeding orb stacks, rather than behaving as a fire-and-forget weapon.
- it does all this while remaining the huge-ranged no-aim spammy weapon that it is now.
- and, as a bonus, Split Chamber is now viable without being mandatory.

Not a perfect solution (numbers could use some tweaks for sure), but you get the general idea.
Making the SSimulor less annoying, while keeping it fun and viable, isn't impossible-- all DE has to do is make it worse at killing low-leveled enemies, and make it better at killing high-leveled enemies.

Edited by SortaRandom

It's a good weapon, I don't want it nerfed thanks to high level sorties and Axi Relic Hive missions. The Mirage and Synoid Simulor combo has basically just conditioned me to simply go into resource farm mode. There's no point in even trying to run next to the Mirage. But I will say this... better not get downed Mirage Hog, because I'm in no rush to save you. 

I know there are instant that players are thankful that there is a simulor(mirage or not) in the team... especially Hieracon after many excavators.

Powerful simulor can be helpful in situations like above... but I have met weak simulors which does not enough damage to enemies... lol

1 hour ago, Dracario said:

Why can't it be:

-Shoot first ball, can explode dealing least 500 damage

-Consecutive shots add the damage up to 5 stacks

-Damage is done when balls explode and not when a stack is added

Because that's literally just a Penta with a higher projectile limit and no self-damage.

3 hours ago, xRufus7x said:

No amount of "Get Gud" is going to fix simulor spam. Also, you should take your own advice. That is not constructive feedback, nor does it add to the conversation in any meaningful way.

Regardless of how I replied it still was stated already to solo. Obviously Warframe is about Meta builds so expect it, to cry about a weapon is ignorant. You can simply delete the application, solo everything (f possible), or deal with it. This is why games fail to progress because they cater to minor problems too often.

Edited by (PS4)zXx_Fly_Guy_xXz

50 minutes ago, Dracario said:

still capped at 5 but reduces the range where enemies will get hit. Cant put any more in a vortex capped at 5 stacks

If you wanna be pedantic about it, Simulors can have more than one stack existing at a time. And Pentas can only fire three times per detonation with Split Chamber equipped.

My point was that removing the merge damage in favor of "rely exclusively on manual detonation" causes the Simulor's playstyle to lose much of its uniqueness. This is not okay.

On 12/18/2016 at 11:20 PM, (PS4)zXx_Fly_Guy_xXz said:

Regardless of how I replied

Nah, how you replied showed a great deal about your character. Especially that one bit where you literally called the OP "cancer" for not liking certain aspects of a weapon/frame and trying to keep the discussion going on about it (Edit: and then summarily having the post removed via a passing mod who recognized it as inflammatory, disrespectful, not contributing to the conversation, etc).

That kind of thing detracts from the validity/value of any of the rest of your statement, or any future statements from you (or really anyone who would say stuff like that), so it's best not to disregard it.

it still was stated already to solo

Which isn't really a solution. As you yourself said later on, you just can't solo some things in this game, and besides soloing often pays out far less affinity, resources, credits, etc for a given time period than running with groups.

You can simply delete the application

Lolwut.

You're telling someone that if they don't like aspects of a particular weapon or frame, they should just shut up about it and delete the game?

or deal with it

That's not how stuff like this gets fixed. Critique is kinda necessary for anything in a creative medium to evolve, including games and the mechanics therein. If people just gritted their teeth and bore whatever issues plagued any game in question, nothing that needed fixing would be addressed by the devs.

This is why games fail to progress because they cater to minor problems too often

Fixing a truckload of problems over a game's lifetime... somehow isn't progressing, in your eyes?

'Sides, I wouldn't even consider this issue (that is to say, the Mirage+SynSim combo/the Synoid Simulor itself), a "minor problem." Not with this many people talking about it in this many threads over such a long time period.

Edited by Jackviator