Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love this game. Cephalon scanning about to make me quit.

(PSN)Karma2992

Question

Downloaded this game on my PS4, been playing it non stop since then and i'm loving it. Recently i got to a junction that asks me to scan Cephalon fragments on mars. I did some research and apparently they are easy to find and are a 100% spawn, but i've been stuck 2 whole days looking for them in mars and i haven't even beeb able to find one.

I understand there are some mods that help in the fragments detection, but i've been doing alert missions hoping the loot detector mod will drop and haven't had luck with that either.

Anyone know some common locations for the cephalon fragment spawns on mars? I'm not joking i've been doing capture and extermination missions on mars for two days, i've looked al over the map and i haven't been able to find ONE.

Cephalon fragments drop in the same exact locations as syndicate medalions so if you have access to syndicate missions that could be a good place to try looking for them, you could also try getting the Animal Instinct mod which gives your companion loot radar if you can't find it yourself or Thief's Wit which is a non-aura version of loot radar that drops reletively commonly from enemies.

Edited by -Amaterasu-

First: Loot detection doesn't help with cephalon fragments. There is a large blue icon on the minimap that will show where they are, this shows whether you have any loot detection or not.

Second: Mars has a lot and I mean a LOT of tiles with "hidden" second levels, cephalon fragments can show up in these, so remember to explore UP as well as around in a tile.

Third: It is indeed a 100% spawn rate, but it is not always on the critical path. Remember to check every exit of every tile (including exit tiles) for nonmandatory paths and dead-end tiles.

It's possible, don't give up! You can do it!

Edited by Kintair

2 hours ago, Kintair said:

First: Loot detection doesn't help with cephalon fragments. There is a large blue icon on the minimap that will show where they are, this shows whether you have any loot detection or not.

Second: Mars has a lot and I mean a LOT of tiles with "hidden" second levels, cephalon fragments can show up in these, so remember to explore UP as well as around in a tile.

Third: It is indeed a 100% spawn rate, but it is not always on the critical path. Remember to check every exit of every tile (including exit tiles) for nonmandatory paths and dead-end tiles.

It's possible, don't give up! You can do it!

I need a loot detector to see them. Are you sure someone didn't mark it in your squad?

as others have said, Animal Instinct helps out, and they spawn in the same spots as Syndicate Medallions (so when you see one, you also think " a medal could appear here if I get this room on a Syndicate Mission").

generally I find if you search every room and occasionally check for high up hidden areas (most maps have them somewhere), you'll come across one eventually.

Don't give up, OP! As others have said, equip the very common mod Thief's Wit and a few thorough searches and you'll be good to go.

The Fragments will appear a big blue icons on the minimap, which you can also expand (don't know the PS4 button for that, unfortunately)

On 30/12/2016 at 4:04 AM, (PS4)Karma2992 said:

Anyone know some common locations for the cephalon fragment spawns on mars? I'm not joking i've been doing capture and extermination missions on mars for two days, i've looked al over the map and i haven't been able to find ONE.

there is 100% spawn rate on every map (apart from defenses and interceptions) so I can garentee you really haven't been 'looking all over the map'.

go public runs and ask at the start for people to mark them for you if they spot it.

get your self animal instinct and loot radar (you can always by them on the trade chat for like 5-10p)

I'm very sure the word "love" has different definition on yours than most of us.

Anyway, if you're loving spy missions, you should give it a try. On the way from Vault A to Vault C, you're likely went through most part of the map. I often do spy missions on Pluto to level up my gear, most of the time, or to be more persuasive, 95% of the time I run corpus spy missions, the Cephalon shows up for me without I tending to find it.

Also like others said, you don't need to have Loot Detector to get the loot radar, a single Animal Instinct can get the job done. Or if you not having that mod, Thief's Wit drops very often and has better range than Loot Detector.

I just kept doing a capture mission and kept an eye on my map. If I saw the blue on the map I would get it. I didn't explore the map, just did the objective and scanned it if it's on the way. Otherwise I just kept doing it over and over until it was in my path.

Think I did the mission 5x to get all scans like this.