Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What makes you open your wallet?

mdoucet

Curious what others are willing to pay for (with cash, not necessarily platinum) in a free-to-play game. Anyone who has bought Prime Access a few times likely has more platinum than they will ever need, so what's left beside slots and cosmetics (all joking about the Hema aside)?

When I was a new player I bought a weapon or two, not to mention a couple of warframes. I even bought a forma for our brand new dojo! With the pool of potential new players dwindling over time, what can Warframe do to get veteran players -- many of whom wait to buy platinum at discount or are flush with it from Prime Access -- to open their wallets?

I imagine a lot of people buy boosters and relic packs with their platinum before farming, but I'd be curious what the rest of the community does. I would have been willing to pay for the latest "vault" accessories, for example, but didn't because I already had the warframes (not to mention the Frost accessories from last time). The last couple of times I bought full Prime Access I ended up farming for the items with my friends anyway.

Glyphs were a nice way to let players customize, and operator customizations were insta-buys for me until they broke our in-game profile screens with bald operators for more than a month.  As for Tennogen, the items can be great, but I doubt they keep the lights on at DE. I would be willing to pay $20 every few months for a lesser Prime Access pack (without the platinum) that consisted of just the weapons or just the warframe, plus maybe the $50 for accessories (assuming they didn't include 30 Air Support Charges).

What would you be willing to put some dollars down for?

Nothing because obtaining plat is easy enough and the tennogen stuff is overpriced like crazy.

If the tennogen cosmetics weren't so expensive MAYBE i would use my money to get some, but since DE decided otherwise...

Too bad because some of the items are pretty neat

First time I got a 75% off, I tossed down $25 for the $100 plat pack for slots and whatever else I felt like getting.  I'm so stingy with my plat though that, between that purchase and some trading, I still have a few hundred left.  I don't get anything I could obtain in-game (all of my purchases from other players has been vaulted stuff), the the one exception Orokin Reactors were half off, so I got... two or three.  And a 30-day credit booster early on since I was sick of farming credits, though with Sortie access and playing many fewer hours a day, I don't need to.

What would make me open my wallet again?  Well... the Hema situation has me hesitant to throw money at the devs.  But even that aside, I dunno what I'd spend it on.  If they released a good chunk of non-grindy, playable, and fun content I might throw more at them to simply support them, like I did with Riot and League of Legends even though I didn't really care too much about having skins.  But it seems like all we're getting are quests that can be done in a couple of hours and grind walls so...  wallet is focused elsewhere for the time being.  :/