The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else notice no one really talks anymore?

theninthchevron

Not everyone's like that, although a big group is. I try to talk to people and its pretty hit or miss, sometimes they talk, sometimes they ignore you. I have a feeling it might be they just don't see your messages because they are looking at of of the other 2-3 chats.

As far as I've noticed, it's exactly the same as it was three years ago.

One reason why you might have noticed the difference is that you moved from lower-level missions to the higher ones. Newbies are generally more talkative, so leaving them in new gamers nodes could create such an impression.

Not really in my squads. The conversation usually starts with me complimenting a squad mate Glyph that they have gotten from a youtuber. Then we start talking about the youtubers. Then talk about what we seen on the devstream. Then talk about who we would love to see a deluxe skin for. The convo be lasting all mission. 

The reason no one is probably talking in your squads is because no one is starting one. It's easy to get a convo rolling out.

Most of my conversations are selectively filtered through Region chat. The rest are rampant apologies for me, say, walking head-first into a causti-ancient or getting stuck in a wall. Sadly (or mercifully), most of my babbleings bounce off folks, although a few still communicate in that Korean originated single letter gamer tongue folks use.

Edited by Unus

16 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

It's been like this since I started playing.

Go in, do mission and leave.

This has largely been my experience of public groups as well, although there is chat if the capture target falls out of the map or something else bugs out.

It's a different story in pre-made groups, those can be quite chatty.

We played for a long time and didn't even know the game had an in-game voice option.

First time someone used it our responses were along the lines of "wtf?!" and "lord, is that you?!" haha

So when I play with my Friends-IRL we've always used skype or steam to chat (there're other options too but those are traditionally the ones we've used). 

As there's 3 of us that play Warframe together if we get a "Random Pub' " and need to tell them something we'll use it then but otherwise the rest of the conversations are back on outside coms.

I play a lot more than they do during the week and sometimes people will talk, but honestly I'm just not that chatty with random people so don't tend to get involved in the whole thing.

"It's not you, it's me" =p

45 minutes ago, doctorlexus said:

A couple years ago, some good conversations used to get going during missions. People rarely say a word or respond these days. Usually people bail without so much as a gg once the mission is over. Seems like the community is less personable now...not sure why.

Well I'm guessing part of the reason would be all the reworks. DE reworking the game so it requires more...skill keeps people from talking because they are to busy playing the game;)