Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The forgotten token system

TheKurtiStryke

Dear De,as you can see,a lot of player everyday,every sortie,they complain about the bad rng-rewards they get form sortie.

Once you mentioned this token system,a system,when you complete a sortie mission,you earn tokens,and when you earned enough tokens,you can choose the reward you prefer.

-i need a riven?/forma?/other stuff?,ok then,let's do the sortie until i've accumulated enough tokens to get what i want.....and no more complaints and whining from players

This is a simple-fast and smart change that could make everyone happy,so why in the world you keep making other useless changes? :(

Spoiler

sorry for bad english

Make the game even easier/more convenient, yeah yeah, no, please dont.

I get where people are coming from with that idea, but naah, please. Next thing you know is people wanting a menu to pop up showing all avaialble drops to chose from when killing Stalker.

I agreed on a certain degrees.

We need token system for mission with a long rewards list that has lots of common extra stuffs like Sortie.

Or at least make it something like those void relics.

Edited by Dartiel

47 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

This is a simple-fast and smart change that could make everyone happy,so why in the world you keep making other useless changes? :(

because it won't make DE happy. the more you play mindlessly trying for a Riven or whatever, the more likely you are to run into a scenario where you need Platinum. and other changes aren't necessarily useless, remember that not everybody even does Sorties to begin with (and I imagine that number gets a little higher each day).

45 minutes ago, .Fire_Fly. said:

I think it was less forgotten and more Ignored.

45 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

It's not forgotten. It was just never going to be a thing at all, right from the start.

finally, a couple of people who know the truth. as nice as it is to see people make a song and dance about it, these two are right: if DE wanted a Token System, we would already have it. it isn't going to happen.

They haven't "forgotten" about it, they never acknowledged it to begin with.

DE refuses to let go of their RNG, it keeps people playing.

Say they bring in tokens and you get what you want, you don't need to do it anymore so you play less which means you are less tempted to buy anything.

YOU are not the priority and that's what this "developer interaction" era has got some people believing. Profit is, and always will be, king. You will always be second to that regardless of how important a developers lets you believe you are.

Edited by Ailissa

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

It was tested.

Go back to devstream 66.

[DE]Sheldon talked about it, which means it was further along than just consideration.

I was in that chat and watched that stream the day it went live. They were making a concept of adding tokens to buy rewards, but then they threw it away. They never showed a test of it. They just talked. Behind the scenes assumptions are assumptions and not fact. I do not recall sheldon saying they ever tested such a system.

Edited by -Voltage-

1 hour ago, Extroah said:

Make the game even easier/more convenient, yeah yeah, no, please dont.

I get where people are coming from with that idea, but naah, please. Next thing you know is people wanting a menu to pop up showing all avaialble drops to chose from when killing Stalker.

It's not about making it easier, it's about having more control and less frustration.  We'd still be doing the work by running the sorties, it's just that we wouldn't be at the mercy of RNG.

Most mmos have some kind of token system for gear.

Getting 2k endo or a Madurai lens for weeks straight is really killing my desire to even log in.  I still enjoy the gameplay in Warframe but the copious amounts of RNG in EVERYTHING is getting old.

4 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

It's not about making it easier, it's about having more control and less frustration.  We'd still be doing the work by running the sorties, it's just that we wouldn't be at the mercy of RNG.

Most mmos have some kind of token system for gear.

Getting 2k endo or a Madurai lens for weeks straight is really killing my desire to even log in.  I still enjoy the gameplay in Warframe but the copious amounts of RNG in EVERYTHING is getting old.

As i said, i see where you are coming from with that idea, but i'm just not a fan of it. I don't think it would work well in Warframe tbh. as it would flood the Market with Rivens at an even faster pace, flood DE's database even more and dilute everything. If it wasn't for Rivens i'd probably have a different view on it.

The reason why there will never be a token system is because it lets players progress towards their rewards. It gives players the certainty that they will get the reward they want.

With RNG, you're permanently at 0 until RNGesus decides to be merciful, which is incredibly frustrating for most people.

This frustration is what makes many players say "F*** it, I'll buy it with plat!"

9 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

The reason why there will never be a token system is because it lets players progress towards their rewards. It gives players the certainty that they will get the reward they want.

With RNG, you're permanently at 0 until RNGesus decides to be merciful, which is incredibly frustrating for most people.

This frustration is what makes many players say "F*** it, I'll buy it with plat!"

Pretty much.

Which is why I choose to not bother with riven mods until DE makes them more accessible.

Which might be never.  Who knows.

6 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

So how many tokens should 1 Riven cost? Assuming we get one Riven per sortie.

In my opinion, three sorties (three days) should guarantee a riven mod.

Just dilute the riven pool with riven of all weapon types (shotgun, rifle, secondary, melee, and sentinel).

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

So how many tokens should 1 Riven cost? Assuming we get one Riven per sortie.

assuming DE implemented a system, they won't but let's have a giggle anyway:

I reckon you'd get 3 tokens a day, one for each mission. a Riven would cost 100 Tokens, a Potato BP 500 Tokens and endo would be 50 tokens for 2000 or 100 tokens for 4000

so assuming this is the case, you'd still be doing a fair few sorties for your guaranteed Riven. in fact if they kept rewards alongside Tokens (again, I doubt it but this is just for fun), you'd probably get at least 3 Rivens by the time you can afford 1 with Tokens, maybe more if RNGsus loves you. and it wouldn't affect the other RNG layers for Rivens (Prerequisite, Weapon choice, and first roll of stats.)

make no mistake, even if Tokens became a thing, they would A: make it so that you still need to play a substantial amount of Sorties in order to be able to get what you want, and B: they would probably remove rewards at the end of a Sortie and replace it with the Tokens entirely, making said grind mandatory if you want a Riven mod (though you could also trade I suppose).

don't think just because Tokens being implemented would make the Grind easier, in fact it would probably worsen it.

It would very much depend how they would implement it. If for instance you would get say 1 token for each sortie. And following table would be used.

1 - 2k endo

3 - random riven mod

6 - forma, lesser lens

10 - exilus, bluetato, goldtato

28 - greater lens

+ random chance of getting booster

+ mega-ultra random chance of getting legcore

it would be completely ok. You would not saturate market with riven mods and even if you do there is still RNG in what riven mod you get and what stats it will have.

EDIT: This is not very different how ducats are working. You can pre-farm trash prime parts and sell them for ducats when something nice comes that you want. Also they could use sortie tokens (high amounts) for buying sortie specific cosmetics, like emblems, sigils. Or even you can get sortie specific tokens for each faction (grineer, corpus, infested) and have specials (cosmetics oriented towards said faction) just for those tokens.

Edited by svegurok

If a token system was implemented, the tokens should have a decay timer just as the Argons. This way, there are no hoarding until something "good" comes along. 

Sorties should be a fun thing with challenge. Players seem to do them more for the reward than the challenge. Guess this might be the reason for the no token as it would take away from RNG and rewarding for persistence. 

I did 5 Sorties before they put it behind the WarWithin wall. Got lenses.....not missing them.