The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Primed Regen

Cirayu

1 hour ago, (PS4)geomancer1980 said:

I don't know why I check the forums on Baro Days.  It's like the salt mines open for the weekend. 

I'm going to say, I'll buy this mod when it comes to console, I may even use this mod, but I'm not going to complain about a mod existing that I don't have a use for.  Other players may absolutely love this mod.  Tons of mods I never use that other people make good builds with, so I'm not gonna sweat the existence of one I probably won't use lol.

oeyGJao.jpg

LOL I'm the proud owner of one and will probably use frequently.  I was just commenting about the community's reaction.  XD

I'm pretty stoked about it. With the invulnerability, sentinals will no longer lose all revives when you go down. 11 seconds is long enough that it will still be alive when you are revived, and if he's killed by a scorch then you'll have time to deal with it and get away before he dies again. Overall, this is a huge and much needed step. I honestly can't believe so many people are hating on this change, this could go a long way towards fixing the "let me die for my sentinal" problem.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

You will never know the joy of watching a man get ripped in half from getting his leg mauled. I fell in love that day.

I leveled them for MR I just don't keep them out. The only Kubrows/Kavats I have are the newborns that run around my ship.

Too much hassle keeping them alive, having to interact with them daily .... I forget.

I'll stick with my Primed Parrot. 

Click to see the full response.

I still believe its a worthless primed mod which is a slap in the face.

It adds nothing to the survivability of sentinels and only adds another mod in the baro kiteer rotation which most people will see as trash.

Now DE may say its a meta opinion but I disagree with that. Something hasnt to be Meta to be useful.. But being useful is something that people like to see in the shop-table of baro.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

This was missed out of the latest patch notes for PC.

It's now been corrected and makes the new mod have a whole new level to it.

Missed Change: 

The Regen Mod (both Primed and regular) now grants temporary invulnerability to Sentinels on revive for a duration of one second + one second per rank of the mod. This means that with a maxed Primed Regen, you could see 11 seconds of invulnerability after the Regen occurs. 

Thats fine and dandy but what is the point if you never use the mod?!

Just wish they would add a gate.

Techs, Scorches, NAPALMS, etc are just going to eat all of those revives instantly. There should be a 1-2 second invulnerability period on revive so that we can bullet jump out of harm's way.

EDIT: looks like they did in the latest patchnotes! This mod is great!

Edited by (PS4)SupeBoss

28 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

You are just disagreeing and arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

The point is that they shouldve just buffed the normal mod to a 10 rank instead of wasting our time and resources with this legendary version. The same thing happened with Primed Pressure Point AND Prime Point Blank. Both mods shouldve just been buffed up to 10 rank mods, but nah, lets drain player resources instead. 

You are saying it like draining our resources is something they should be ashamed of :crylaugh:

That is where are you wrong kiddo, everything they do is geared towards sucking us dry of our resources. Otherwise, you would have even more threads of "Endo is useless" than they already are.

In this context, a meta-complaint is a complaint directed towards the community itself. It is the more widely used definition of the word 'meta' that means 'self-referential', as opposed to the commonly used acronym in gaming Most Efficient Tactic Available (M.E.T.A.).

That being said, it's quite the exaggeration to suggest that 11 second invincibility 3 times a mission adds nothing to survivability.

2 hours ago, -Voltage- said:

So Primed Regen. Why DE, why can't kubrows and kavat a get more utilities and give sentinels more armor/health. This mod will not save Wyrm Prime for example in a sortie mission. I do not understand the logic behind this primed mod.

EDIT: This is not a salty "this mod sucks thread", this is a legitimate post creating discussion of why is this mod even a thing. 

Sentinels need to be given stat changes across the board, and kavats need to get interesting utility mods. Vacuum should be a COMPANION mod and be UNIVERSAL. We still havnt seen Universal Vacuum yet, and it is concerning that Primed Regen is the solution to balance. IT IS NOT!

Are you kidding? My sentinel rarely dies in 100 missions even when endless, and when they do it's because I'm down. 

2 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

It's a waste of time altogether. If your Sentinel has died, its because the enemies are doing so much damage that healing and all that CAN'T protect it, so it reviving so much is utterly pointless cause it'll just die immediately again.

Generally I ignore Regen completely on my sentinels for a more useful mod. A 3rd Baro in a row wasted.

Updated probably after you'd posted:

"The Regen Mod (both Primed and regular) now grants temporary invulnerability to Sentinels on revive for a duration of one second + one second per rank of the mod. This means that with a maxed Primed Regen, you could see 11 seconds of invulnerability after the Regen occurs." 

4 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

It adds nothing to the survivability of sentinels and only adds another mod in the baro kiteer rotation which most people will see as trash.

3 Revives and 11 Seconds of invulnerability =/= adds nothing.

You know? I didnt get anything from Baro since October aside from P. Cryo Rounds that is still collecting dust and unranked, nothing he had interessted me.

But those threads complaining about him just keep comming, no one learned to keep expectations in check.

He is a dump for spare prime parts, nothing else.