The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Primed Regen

Cirayu

Absolutely agree (in fact I was gonna make a thread about it), Primed Regen doesn't fix the issue of sentinel survivability (aside from Carrier Prime). This is just an expensive band aid that TRIES to fix a problem that should be looked at more closely. Players have asked for gear to revive sentinels, buff to health/armor and such but all we get is "Cool, my bad sentinel can die more before getting blown out of the fight for good". It's seriously baffling.

Well, at least this created another opportunity for DE to take a look at sentinels as a whole (let's hope they do).

This was missed out of the latest patch notes for PC.

It's now been corrected and makes the new mod have a whole new level to it.

hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Missed Change: 

The Regen Mod (both Primed and regular) now grants temporary invulnerability to Sentinels on revive for a duration of one second + one second per rank of the mod. This means that with a maxed Primed Regen, you could see 11 seconds of invulnerability after the Regen occurs. 

I was talking about this within my clan as well. I think perhaps this highlights the core issue of Sentinels in general. With the new pet down-time mod, you can pair it up with the down-time link mod and get it to be up to 2 minutes of time to revive your pet. Meanwhile we get a primed revive mod for sentinels that merely highlights the already existing problem of sentinels mechanics. It highlights how outdated Sentinels mechanics have become.

1 minute ago, JesterTheNight said:

Absolutely agree (in fact I was gonna make a thread about it), Primed Regen doesn't fix the issue of sentinel survivability (aside from Carrier Prime). This is just an expensive band aid that TRIES to fix a problem that should be looked at more closely. Players have asked for gear to revive sentinels, buff to health/armor and such but all we get is "Cool, my bad sentinel can die more before getting blown out of the fight for good". It's seriously baffling.

Well, at least this created another opportunity for DE to take a look at sentinels as a whole (let's hope they do).

Knowing DE they'll probably use this as an excuse not to go and give Sentinels a proper go-over with the rebalancing tool.

6 minutes ago, Demonette said:

I use sentinels for Guardian and Medi-Ray, it really helps with survivability on less tanky frames.

But with Quick Thinking, its pretty hard to die too, in other words, u can "replace" them, its not really required to survive.

9 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

Because Sentinels provide more utility, require no upkeep, are far easier to acquire, can't permanently die if you decide not to log in for a while, don't regularly bug out, etc.

For the record though, I only ever use a Kavat. I do think, though, that every Warframe should have an innate 3/6m vacuum.

3/6m vacuum...

Nope.

1 minute ago, Koda39 said:

Yeah, Thebel cited about Carrier's ammo mutation, and u are right too. But the question is about the vacuum, I don't see a sentinel trying to open a locker, or giving a crazy buff.

Opening lockers is kinda moot when there are more enjoyable ways of getting resources like killing more mobs, for buffs only the resource booster is worth actually mentioning.

I don't even care about vacuum anymore but ammo mutation is game changing since you can have a free slot for more damage on those ammo hungry weapons.

In the end its a matter of preference, do you want to have something that helps play the game for you (cats and dogs) or something that lets you play the game (ammo mutation, vacuum, scanning).

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Bird Sarcoma said:

I'm sorry. For a minute there it looked like you were saying people with vacuum aren't actually playing the game.

No i mean i've seen too many eople  run things that mean they don't play and use vacuum.   and by not playing I mean eith Ember + Simulor or Mirage + Simulor

29 minutes ago, xaanos said:

I actually need this for my Nekros build. My limit to staying in a mission is when my sentinel die as the vaccum is what let me pull in health orbs fast enough to live.

^This. Arcane Pulse makes Nekros with Vacuum really amazing in healing himself with Despoil Desecrate and any party members that is in range whenever the Arcane procs.

Also, keeping your Sentinel alive however possible is great in my book. I may be able to tank hits in high level content, but my Sentinel may just get OHKO'd and I'll be without Vacuum. Proc'ing Arcane Pulse and Energize will just be that much more tedious if I have to focus on enemy aggro if I'm on the move.

Even with the invulnerability it's not a great "fix" for a problem. 

Give 5-9% damage reduction per rank as well and then maybe the things will manage to stay alive. Or say that every time they die and regen they adapt, gaining 30% damage reduction. 

2 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Let's be clear, this isn't a buff to sentinels. If anything its a nerf because if you're dumb enough to slot this you're taking away extra capacity from other mods that are far more useful. Once you hit the threshold where this mod is necessary, your sentinel gains very little extra time from this mod.

I'm curious how you mod your Carrier Prime, assuming you use it. Cos I've always been using the unprimed Regen, all it just takes for me to fit on Primed Regen is an additional forma. That brings my Carrier Prime to 3 forma, and that's hardly a big deal when you're starting to fit Primed mods on things in general.

Having 2 extra lives on your sentinel benefits greatly when running Kuva floods, especially when there's that rogue Scorch or Hyekka Master spawning while you're in operator and torching your frame + sentinel to death in milliseconds. Granted, it'll still probably die after a prolonged fight but it'll allow for more leeway in ensuring you still have it for the rest of the mission.

I fail to see how it's "dumb" to use this; would very much like to know what other mods that are "far more useful".

This is coming from the perspective of someone who doesn't use any sentinel attack precept because sentinel weapons do nothing for damage at higher levels. My sentinel mods consists of: Vaccum, Ammo Case, Metal Fiber, Enhanced Vitality, Animal Instinct, Guardian, Shield Charger, Medi-Ray, Sanctuary and now Primed Regen.

Spoiler

Calculated Redirection is inefficient for Carrier Prime, because shields aren't buffed by armor and an additional 275 shield points is nothing at sortie 3 or Kuva Flood levels. Same reasoning applies for Accelerated Deflection. (Who even uses Fast Deflection on warframes anyway unless they have a spare slot and nothing better to use it for?)

Fired Up isn't useful if you're not using any attack precept.

Coolant Leak works best only for infested, considering all other factions have units that predominantly hit you at range. Additionally, since the stealth nerfs, it's not as good as it used to be.

I'm not even going to bother explaining for Spare Parts, Self Destruct, or Looter.

EDIT: Reflecting [DE]Megan's post about Regen that I didn't see earlier (11s of sentinel invulnerability after getting Scorched), this makes the leeway even greater.

Edited by InsomnIaC.
Updated to reflect new information

Just incase it was missed guys and gals. 

Missed Change: 

The Regen Mod (both Primed and regular) now grants temporary invulnerability to Sentinels on revive for a duration of one second + one second per rank of the mod. This means that with a maxed Primed Regen, you could see 11 seconds of invulnerability after the Regen occurs. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Missed Change: 

This changes everything about this mod wow.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Missed Change: 

So for a mere 40,000 Endo, 2 million credits, 300 ducats, and 14 drain you get 33 seconds more Sentinel time? I think I would have still preferred a Primed durability mod, this is no obviously just a Primed version released to draw some minor attention to the Regen change.

Edited by Littlerift

Just now, JDxBarracka said:

Nah, this mod is awesome

When i saw this mod it made laugh thinking how much salt we will get from tenno today 

Hehehehe

Missed Change: 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Missed Change: 

now I can whine that Sentinels were buffed :D

1 hour ago, -Voltage- said:

So Primed Regen. Why DE, why can't kubrows and kavat a get more utilities and give sentinels more armor/health. This mod will not save Wyrm Prime for example in a sortie mission. I do not understand the logic behind this primed mod.

No-one said Pets aren't getting anything in the future. It's just that they're not getting anything right now. My theory is that you can revive downed Pets, but you can't actively revive Sentinels.

1 hour ago, -Voltage- said:

it is concerning that Primed Regen is the solution to balance. IT IS NOT!

Nobody said it was. It's just a mod. Chill, please. If Primed Regen is anything, it's a nice little boon to Tenno who resource farm on Endurance missions.

2 hours ago, Xekrin said:

You think this is a buff to sentinels? LMAO dude.  Now we can watch our sents explode 3 times in a row to a scorch instead of twice.  Yippee.

Your own fault if you're laying on your back doing nothing waiting for a rez. Not sure if this is your first week playing but you can use your secondary while in bleedout to stop them from shooting your sentinel and killing it over and over. Just sayin.

The amount of salt from people that call everything useless if it's outside of a primed god tier damage mod. I for one welcome more primed utility mods. Rivens pretty much crushed any primed damage mods so there really isn't a need for them. You could argue for more primed warframe mods but I could have sworn the devs mentioned possible rivens for warframes.

Also on the point of just watching it die 3x in a row, they added invuln to regen when it does a rez. That makes this mod exponentially more valuable.

Edited by Coaa