Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bandaids in warframe (opinions)

Newnight

So with the release of prime regen and the topics and salt it caused i wish to ask the question:What are bandaid mods and bandaid solutions in warframe?

I know about BC and DC but i dont really know if there are others.

Also this is in your opinion, so do you know any others?

As much as i love them, but Riven Mods. I mean if their goal was to make less used Weapons more used they couldve just buffed them, but i see where they are coming from. With Rivens we could make the build however we want which we couldnt do without Rivens.. though they still should make them add raw stats rather than percentages.

Also, Primed Regen is like.. haven't even noticed it's there.

One bandaid if you wanna count it as such is the Hyekka Kavat skin. Players wanted the Hyekka and feral Kavats as pets, but they wanted them as a new breed and not as a Skin, so that was a huge letdown and somewhat of a bandaid move.

In my opinion "bandaid solution" is something that solves the problem on paper, but doesn't solve it for real. For example: problem — "Our holster speed is too low!", bandaid solution — holster mods. Why it's a bandaid solution — becuase nobody is going to waste precious mod slots on something like that, so everybody continue playing with default holster speed and the problem is in fact still here.

Edited by AlienOvermind

imo and i know it is bit hisptery but in warframe there isn't really bandaid solutions c_c

the whole game is based on freedom of choice to mod for what u want and if u think u need more time to do longer combos u can

if u want your sentinel to defy death u can with regen and primed regen

calling these bandaids is just silly to me .-.

3 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

imo and i know it is bit hisptery but in warframe there isn't really bandaid solutions c_c

the whole game is based on freedom of choice to mod for what u want and if u think u need more time to do longer combos u can

That's not the point of why people raged so hard over it. The point was that people wanted the option to revive their Sentinels just like they can revive Kavats or Kubrows, but DE only gave us a Mod that lets the Sentinel revive couple times. That's a bandaid right there.

• Body Count: instead of adding Combo Duration, it could increase the delay before stacks start to decay(!) after passing 10s, even a 5s delay would be enough.
  • Harkonar Scope: same goes here; in fact, having combo system in the current SR's state is stupid enough, just like scope sway.
  • Speed Holster aura & Twitch, Soft Hands, Reflex Draw: in PvE, holster rate should be one of buffs-per-rank on frames/weapons.
  • Primed Regen: while it does help to keep your Senti alive a bit longer, it doesn't fix the issue with using Sentinels as pet's counterpart and their survivability.

These mods are the ones I consider to be bandaid mods.

Edited by Thundervision
typos

8 minutes ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

I think the term "band-aid" is overused and we should just stop.

I think simulor is overused and we should just stop.

The ultimate band-aid was what they did back when Viver was an issue. Making some really lazy changes to abilities, when the real issue was much bigger than that.

Those were reverted though.

Band-aids IMO:

- Dual stat mods, because the normal status chance mods (rifle aptitude, for example) weren't buffed
- 120% I/P/S mods, because they didn't buff the base I/P/S mods (e.g. shredder, piercing hit)
- Body count, to some extent drifting contact. Harkonar scope counts.
- Depleted reload, specifically targeted for Vectis Prime
- Some weapon stances, since they couldn't buff the original stances, instead making new ones (e.g. nikanas and their 3 stances, while machetes are ignored)
- Relentless combination is a specific band-aid for Telos Boltace, a buff mod for others
- Speed holster aura
- Riven mods

Solutions:

- Buff status chance mods
- Buff old IPS mods, delete/grandfather the current 120% IPS mos
- Nerf BC/DC/HS, buff base timers
- No notes for depleted reload, since some weapons benefit from this aside from intended weapon
- Buff/Revisit old stances, instead of making new ones
- Relentless combination helps other weapons, so no notes
- Remove speed holster aura, buff weapon swap speeds (because we are ninjas, not soldiers, or are we...)
- Rebalance riven mods

41 minutes ago, Newnight said:

So with the release of prime regen and the topics and salt it caused i wish to ask the question:What are bandaid mods and bandaid solutions in warframe?

I know about BC and DC but i dont really know if there are others.

Also this is in your opinion, so do you know any others?

It's jusd beda dude, guit bhining! X-D

2 minutes ago, VentiGlondi said:

Nullifiers weren't removed and they reverted the frame nerfs, however the LoS nerf to RJ happened later, polarize is nothing compared to shield polarize, and well... yeah trinity got nerfed too, though not her EV, or not that much.

7 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Band-aids IMO:

- Dual stat mods, because the normal status chance mods (rifle aptitude, for example) weren't buffed

OH RIGHT! Forgot about these ones. A big «yeah» to that, in trying to get away from Rainbow builds in DMG1.0 they made another kind of in DMG2.0.

And «yes», those 15-30% Status mods should be either buffed to 90% as elemental's counterpart (elementals are either 90% or 60% with 60% Status) or giving you a flat value.

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

In forums the term "Bandaid" has really just become a passive aggressive way to bash devs decisions.

My aren't we being defensive and protective of DE today?

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The term had lost all meaning.

Band-aid solution: A temporary solution or fix for a problem that fails to actually resolve said problem.

There. That's an actual definition. You're welcome.

1 hour ago, Extroah said:

As much as i love them, but Riven Mods.

Oh definitely. At the very least Rivens are akin to a bandaid that has a tiny bit of poison ivy sap applied to the wadding.

7 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

My aren't we being defensive and protective of DE today?

Band-aid solution: A temporary solution or fix for a problem that fails to actually resolve said problem.

There. That's an actual definition. You're welcome.

Oh definitely. At the very least Rivens are akin to a bandaid that has a tiny bit of poison ivy sap applied to the wadding.

Disregarding how snarky your response is, I don't believe your response to him recognizes the meaning Hypernaut1 is trying to convey.

While the term "Band-aid solution" certainly does have an actual meaning recognized by dictionaries out there, Hypernaut1's point stands when he says that the way it's being used on this forums has degraded into a form of "Your (proposed) solution is a band-aid because I disagree with it" rather than "Your solution is a band-aid because [proper, legitimate reasons coherently explained and backed with as much evidence as possible]". It's become a label that doesn't add much to constructive criticism.

I don't fully agree that it's being used as a passive-aggressive way of 'dev-bashing', but rather a more convenient means of adding legitimacy to one's argument without having to go the trouble of substantiating an opinion.

2 hours ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

IMO it should be used with more caution. There are people out there still using the term but have the decency to properly explain their arguments, so it doesn't necessarily mean that the use of the word should be completely eradicated.

2 hours ago, p3z1 said:

Band-aids IMO:

- 120% I/P/S mods, because they didn't buff the base I/P/S mods (e.g. shredder, piercing hit)
- Body count, to some extent drifting contact. Harkonar scope counts.
- Depleted reload, specifically targeted for Vectis Prime
- Some weapon stances, since they couldn't buff the original stances, instead making new ones (e.g. nikanas and their 3 stances, while machetes are ignored)
- Relentless combination is a specific band-aid for Telos Boltace, a buff mod for others
- Speed holster aura
- Riven mods

Solutions:

- Buff status chance mods
- Buff old IPS mods, delete/grandfather the current 120% IPS mos
- Nerf BC/DC/HS, buff base timers
- No notes for depleted reload, since some weapons benefit from this aside from intended weapon
- Buff/Revisit old stances, instead of making new ones
- Relentless combination helps other weapons, so no notes
- Remove speed holster aura, buff weapon swap speeds (because we are ninjas, not soldiers, or are we...)
- Rebalance riven mods

I was about to poke at you for claiming the dual stat mods are band aids until i noticed you didn't say anything about removing them.

i'd be baffled if de did that.

i prefer my Tigris prime and akbronko prime at 100%.

Let me add some more band-aids:

- Empowered blades, because devs can't find better ways of buffing charge attacks directly
- Covert Lethality, because single daggers don't need a mod to OHK by stealth finishers
- Certain Primed mods, specifically Primed Point Blank (could've just made it a serration clone), Primed Heavy Trauma (refer to my former post about IPS), Primed Mutator Mods (just set it to 10 ranks and rebalance), and to some extent, primed regen (refer to primed mutator mods).
- Holster rate mods (yes, these exist, I only found out now), e.g. twitch. Just buff innate swap speed in general.

Speed Holster, Body Count, Harkonar Scope, and a bunch of Warframe augments.

"DE please buff weapon switch speed" Just use one of our old auras we made like 2 years ago.

"DE please make melee viable" woop. Here you go.

"DE sniper combo counter doesn't last long enough" Hope ya have enough space in your build to fit this thing right in.

Harkonar Scope is the worst offender honestly. It's borderline insulting to sniper users that doesn't want to roll with Lanka 24/7. Body Count... Technically solved the problem. At the cost of destroying whatever build variation we have in melees unless it has a unique mechanic like Zenistar. A lot of Warframe augments alter how the ability behave and that's nice, but a few of them should just be integrated with the ability itself ( Creeping Terrify, Mind Freak, Rising Storm, Pool of Life, Swing Line ) because they're a complete waste of slot otherwise.

21 hours ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

so we need a Band-Aid for the term Band-Aid? wouldn't calling Band-Aid anything other than Band-Aid essentially Be a Band-Aid in itself, since it wouldn't really solve the problem and instead just make you hate whatever it's replaced with? also, Band-Aid.

there are plenty of Band-Aids in Warframe, so I'm just gonna put the ones I dislike most or think should be changed.

- Riven Mods, specifically ones for Meta weapons Like Simulor and Tonkor. if they had only introduced them for lesser used weapons (and they could have gathered Data on our weapon usage to research this), it wouldn't be a problem. now you have people on trading trying to flog meta Rivens for hundreds of plat, and Meta Weapons still retain their crown.

- Covert lethality: IMO, a Stealth kill should be lethal every time with every weapon, as a reward for staying undetected. this mod was to try and get people to use Daggers more, since they aren't great in actual melee combat (low damage, short reach and boring stances, not to mention slow). Melee Rivens might fix the problem, but only if you can find a dagger Riven amongst the dozens of people in trading asking 1000p for a "god roll" Nikana/Galatine Riven. (we all know that's gonna happen.)

- Nullifiers: yep, they are one of the worst of the Band-Aids, from a time before nerfs. they don't need to be in the game, and it has nothing to do with difficulty. they are easy to kill, they just don't make sense, and that's what's annoying.

- Augments, to some extent, are Band-Aids, in some cases they are beneficial, but I can't be the only one who'd rather have seen Oberon get an actual rework, rather than Phoenix Renewal, another augment that he "needs" to be viable for many.

- Exilus Adapters: the problem was "we aren't using utility mods enough". rather than buffing the mods to make people more inclined to use them, they gave us a new potato-like thing for our frames, and another slot that doesn't add points to the build, and requires Forma to fully utilise. seems like a Band-Aid to me.

I know Body Count, Primed mods etc. are also like this, but you have to be careful what you wish for; if they took these mods out now with no suitable replacement, we'll be up a Grineer sewer without a paddle.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

so we need a Band-Aid for the term Band-Aid? wouldn't calling Band-Aid anything other than Band-Aid essentially Be a Band-Aid in itself, since it wouldn't really solve the problem and instead just make you hate whatever it's replaced with? also, Band-Aid.

there are plenty of Band-Aids in Warframe, so I'm just gonna put the ones I dislike most or think should be changed.

- Riven Mods, specifically ones for Meta weapons Like Simulor and Tonkor. if they had only introduced them for lesser used weapons (and they could have gathered Data on our weapon usage to research this), it wouldn't be a problem. now you have people on trading trying to flog meta Rivens for hundreds of plat, and Meta Weapons still retain their crown.

- Covert lethality: IMO, a Stealth kill should be lethal every time with every weapon, as a reward for staying undetected. this mod was to try and get people to use Daggers more, since they aren't great in actual melee combat (low damage, short reach and boring stances, not to mention slow). Melee Rivens might fix the problem, but only if you can find a dagger Riven amongst the dozens of people in trading asking 1000p for a "god roll" Nikana/Galatine Riven. (we all know that's gonna happen.)

- Nullifiers: yep, they are one of the worst of the Band-Aids, from a time before nerfs. they don't need to be in the game, and it has nothing to do with difficulty. they are easy to kill, they just don't make sense, and that's what's annoying.

- Augments, to some extent, are Band-Aids, in some cases they are beneficial, but I can't be the only one who'd rather have seen Oberon get an actual rework, rather than Phoenix Renewal, another augment that he "needs" to be viable for many.

- Exilus Adapters: the problem was "we aren't using utility mods enough". rather than buffing the mods to make people more inclined to use them, they gave us a new potato-like thing for our frames, and another slot that doesn't add points to the build, and requires Forma to fully utilise. seems like a Band-Aid to me.

I know Body Count, Primed mods etc. are also like this, but you have to be careful what you wish for; if they took these mods out now with no suitable replacement, we'll be up a Grineer sewer without a paddle.

I'm so triggered right now.

The point of the band-aid metaphor is that a plaster is something you place over a wound that may aid the healing or ameliorate the paint of the wound but does not directly deal with the problems that the injury may cause (tissue damage, infection, incorrect healing, pain, etc), and further does not address the cause of the injury itself. When applied to a game mechanic this typically takes the form of a change or addition that does not directly solve the problem but makes the problem either less visible or less painful. The problem with a band-aid is that it doesn't always help: sometimes infections can grow unnoticed because the band-aid hides the wound, sometimes the band-aid can get snagged on other things and thus exacerbate the pain.

Edited by Littlerift

On 16/1/2017 at 6:30 AM, Lance_Lionroar said:

On 16/1/2017 at 6:23 AM, Hemmo67 said:

Both of you seem to misunderstand. Bandaid isnt just an overused word in the warframe community for no reason, it is only used so much because DE constantly adds mods (and has been since the addition of pressure point) that should flat out be part of the base weapons. They claim to want modding diversity and then they add Body Count (BC) and Drifting contact (DC) which should have just been part of the weapons to begin with. Likewise, all damage and multishot mods should also just be added to the base weapons because they have become mandatory mods that will always, ALWAYS take up at least two mod slots that could be used for something like reload speed. Holster speed mods are ridiculous because a) we are supposed to be space ninjas, why should we take ages to put our guns away and b) because in any high end content, even the sorties, switching weapons could mean death in the lightning-fast environment that is Warframe. Rivens and BC+DC are just the newest iterations of the Primed Bandaid™. 

On 1/16/2017 at 9:41 AM, VentiGlondi said:

I think simulor is overused and we should just stop.

The ultimate band-aid was what they did back when Viver was an issue. Making some really lazy changes to abilities, when the real issue was much bigger than that.

Yea and the issue moved to Draco and now Berehynia/Akkad. If DE addressed the affinity system back in viver days, draco might still be a node, and gmag might still be a thing. Oh well, band aids are better than full reworks.

5 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

Yea and the issue moved to Draco and now Berehynia/Akkad. If DE addressed the affinity system back in viver days, draco might still be a node, and gmag might still be a thing. Oh well, band aids are better than full reworks.

Tell me when the wound starts getting puss filled.