Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faint Riven Disposition too low (Akstiletto)

Vicious_Vipa

So I got one of the best possible rolls on my Akstiletto and ..... I am actually wondering whether to use this mod!

• 34,3% Toxin
  • 45,8% Multishot
  • 19% Reload Speed

I think its very important that the very good weapons get a faint Disposition.  But in my opinion a well-rolled Riven mod should be strong enough to actually be used instead of getting discarded !

For comparison: Barrel Diffusion gives you 120% Multishot

Edited by Vicious_Vipa

No offense man but most "faints" riven really aren't worth it now, your better off selling it a trade chat for a nice amount of plat. 

Also besides do you really need it? The akstilleto prime already kill level 100 heavy gunners in 3 sec.

I've posted similar about the values of Faint and now Ultra Faint Disposition Rivens.

It's not as much about their proportional values than it is about beating our current mods.

Currently Faint Disposition punishes players who simply want to use the Riven system. A Faint Disposition needs to roll many, many more times to make it a viable option to use. Not Good... Just viable. On the other side of the spectrum a Strong Disposition Riven simply needs +%Damage or +%Multishot with nothing else at all and it's worth using.

I get the purpose of RIven Disposition but I don't get why I have to farm 100k Kuva for a Fain and yet don't even need to roll once on a Strong.

4 hours ago, Vicious_Vipa said:

So I got one of the best possible rolls on my Akstiletto and ..... I am actually wondering whether to use this mod!

• 34,3% Toxin
  • 45,8% Multishot
  • 19% Reload Speed

I think its very important that the very good weapons get a faint Disposition.  But in my opinion a well-rolled Riven mod should be strong enough to actually be used instead of getting discarded !

The values are low also because it's 3 positives with no negative, which makes for the lowest values each you can possibly get.

If it was only 2 positives, then each would be higher.

If it was only 2 positives, also with a negative (preferably meaningless), then the 2 positive values would be even higher.

5 hours ago, Vicious_Vipa said:

• 34,3% Toxin
  • 45,8% Multishot
  • 19% Reload Speed

so theyre useless for weapons that dont need it?

wonderful.

I'm a little surprised that people would claim that's fine as is.

Yes, stronger weapons like the Akstilleto don't need such large bonuses, but those are pretty low numbers right there.  If that's as good as the weapon justifies, it begs the question as to why mods for it are dropping in the first place.

On the other hand......45.8% multishot represents double your non-multishot damage almost half the time, with a 34.3% toxin boost as a consolation prize.  On an automatic weapon, it should be a noticeable dps bump AND is enough to put you over 200% multishot with Barrel Diffusion+Lethal Torrent while not completely losing out on damage boosts from the slot.

35 minutes ago, Thrymm said:

I'm a little surprised that people would claim that's fine as is.

A far as I'm concerned all rivens should be like that instead of putting more OP into OP weapons. It's still an upgrade to your weapon, and if everybody wasn't looking only for damage you could also choose to roll several utility stats into a single mod, potentially freeing up a slot, but not as balance breaking as it is now (implying there was any balance to begin with, which of course there isn't, but that's another problem).

Also as others have said, that's not a well rolled riven, you need a negative stat to max out the positive stats.

Edited by Snib

Meta weapon rivens now need really good roll to be useful.

For rifles, faint mods are not actually too bad, a decent roll is enough replace Heavy Caliber at least.

But for pistols which has plenty of strong mods, that's gonna be a problem. Unless you can get a 'harmless' negative effect to increase the potential of positive stats. For example, +recoil for beam guns or -zoom for most weapons.

2 hours ago, Cortanis said:

Wow.... these stats are rather impressively bad. I kind of want to see a bunch of Akstiletto rivens for comparison now.

Here's mine (never rerolled):

• +50.3% Status Duration
  • +45.1% Toxin
  • +45.7% Status Chance
  • -30.3% Zoom

That brings my overall Status Chance to 93.2% with Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent and one of the 60% status mods. Add the 43.1% Crit Chance and I never want to put it out of my hands. :)

8 hours ago, Vicious_Vipa said:

But in my opinion a well-rolled Riven mod should be strong enough to actually be used instead of getting discarded !

So would you agree that getting 202% critical chance rolled onto a strong disposition weapon should be viable for said weapon?  Because I recently got a riven with 202% crit chance that still makes the weapon suck.  

Know what advice I got?  "Oh well reroll it until you get something that fits the weapon".

So yeah, keep rerolling.  good luck.

While I'm okay with low values for any damage or crit/status stats on faint rivens,  it also makes it very difficult to get useful utility mods.

For my lex,  I'm working on replacing seeker with a riven mod.  I was pretty disappointed to find that the Max punch through because of its disposition was a meager  1.5 meters.

I want a mod with punch through and reload speed but now I wonder if the stats will even be worth it if I can't get at least 40% reload speed.

there's certainly a bunch of Weapons that simply shouldn't have Rivens at all, because 'balanced' values for them are... negative stats.

but it's all moot for as long as Riven Multipliers are entirely based on the popularity of Equipment, and having ZERO relation to the actual power of Equipment.
until it's about the Stats instead of about what is popular - it's all a waste of time and a complete disaster.

and after that step two would be weighing different types of Stats differently, Utility Stats having higher Ranges than Damage Stats.

btw, your Aksiletto Riven there IS still worth using. replacing your last Damage Mod will notably increase your Damage per Shot.
so yeah. even those Stats are too high.

On 1/21/2017 at 9:08 AM, TaylorsContraction said:

While I'm okay with low values for any damage or crit/status stats on faint rivens,  it also makes it very difficult to get useful utility mods.

For my lex,  I'm working on replacing seeker with a riven mod.  I was pretty disappointed to find that the Max punch through because of its disposition was a meager  1.5 meters.

I want a mod with punch through and reload speed but now I wonder if the stats will even be worth it if I can't get at least 40% reload speed.

1.5 meters is not meager at all, Shred for primaries has 1.2 and it's still one of the most universally useful utility mods available.

Edited by rapt0rman