Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming to purchase more farming.

DeMonkey

1 hour ago, SergeantSunshine said:

@KirukaChan 's right, we should probably wait for more information until we really judge. But, knowing this game, it's probably Baro exclusive.

Yeah we should wait for more information. Although I guess we will have one of these three options.

• Relic will be added to normal droplist at a later time- Yeah I don't think thats going to happen. I won't be too optimistic about it.
  • It will be a sands of inaros type item. Not bad although it is still RNG for RNG.
  • It will be a Baro-exclusive item with a chance to appear from time to time- The worst option imo

Edit: This Relic is currently in the Prime Vault

Oh boy. It seems DE gone really greedy this time. I have another theory about this

Spoiler

With the help of Orokin artifacts and Corpus scientists, Nef Anyo was able to create a tear in the space-time continuum and somehow "teleported" to past. Now he's the one behind all this RNG, to strip Tenno of their money. He is the one rules DE from the shadows.

Edited by DinendalMinyatur

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Baro exclusive.

qD9ZDAi.jpg

This game is starting to make me feel like I'm being taken advantage of lately, I'm already playing MUCH less than I used to, changes like this make me reconsider even rushing the daily sortie..

2017, the year of GREED

Amen. Baro selling relics is just about the most garbage idea I could have thought up for "progress" in Warframe. If this is the coming trend (god, I hope not) then D.E. has DEFINITELY seen the last of my wallet.  Seriously; we need to grind to get relics....to get prime parts.... to get ducats.... to get MORE relics.... that we must grind AND pray to RNGesus.... for prime weapon bits and pieces?!? Nevermind any grinding spent to get traces to upgrade relics that you already spent "grind-time" getting in the first place. WTF??

2 minutes ago, enizer said:

This game is starting to make me feel like I'm being taken advantage of lately, I'm already playing MUCH less than I used to, changes like this make me reconsider even rushing the daily sortie..

2017, the year of GREED

Lol....wow.

This is insulting to ALL players.

I would urge you NOT to buy this relic, so they dont use the BS sales numbers as a reason to continue along this path. This is ridiculous and a slap in the face.

Grinding for relics to grind for parts to get ducats, so you can BUY 1 relic, which has a forma in its drop table.

Dont BUY this.

5 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

This is insulting to ALL players.

I would urge you NOT to buy this relic, so they dont use the BS sales numbers as a reason to continue along this path. This is ridiculous and a slap in the face.

Grinding for relics to grind for parts to get ducats, so you can BUY 1 relic, which has a forma in its drop table.

Dont BUY this.

But... but... I've been waiting for it for years!

vNb6YiE.jpg

wait wait hold on here. You have to farm to get the relics anyway. you are gonna go into a high level survival or defense or whatever to grind it out and try to get the relics so you can then farm your prime part. however you do that you only have a, at most, 15% chance to get a relic much less the odds of geting the one you want. this way you at least know that you are guarenteed to get the relic

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

But... but... I've been waiting for it for years!

Either DE is deliberately choosing not to tell us about this relic's future availability because they want players to buy it now, before they put it in normal drop tables...

...or weekend-exclusive relics are just going to be a thing now, and I think you all know what that means.

44 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I now have to spend my time farming fissures for ducats to purchase limited time items that grant me limited access to more farming from which I have a chance at getting the item I want.

That's the definition of "playing a game". If you just want to get a completion trophy and move on to the next game, Warframe isn't for you. 

1 hour ago, KirukaChan said:

Perhaps the new Relic is being added to regular drop tables, but Baro also has it for this weekend so you can stock up on them?

I'm going to wait for a DE person to give a little more information before I start flinging mud.

Normally I agree with "wait and see" but I honestly can't recall any item that has been introduced this way; showing up on Baro and later being added to normal drop tables.

This could be a first though, so, I'll have to wait and see.

However, Monkey has a point.  This is a bit much and unless the above happens, I'm not a fan of this becoming the norm.

Edited by Noamuth

2 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

Either DE is deliberately choosing not to tell us about this relic's future availability because they want players to buy it now, before they put it in normal drop tables...

...or weekend-exclusive relics are just going to be a thing now, and I think you all know what that means.

...akvasto P? askmagnus P? aklato P? akcolade P? aknowledgement P? or simply ACKkkkkk (sounds of disgust)   

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

That's the definition of "playing a game". If you just want to get a completion trophy and move on to the next game, Warframe isn't for you. 

Clearly not for me.

gRLLYW8.png

I evidently have no idea what I'm saying when I claim the grind has gotten worse and is having a negative impact.

1 minute ago, Dwolfknight said:

I wouldn't mind if ALL relics were available at baro when they get vaulted at least you can still get them without flooding the drop pools, as long as they are always available

That would decrease trade value, which would decrease interest in playing, which would decrease plat purchases, which would decrease profits. Limited availability is what makes the game different, fresh, innovative, and ultimately the reason why most people love to play it. 

37 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

I gotta say, though, if that Relic is Baro-exclusive, it would be pretty bad timing for introducing something like that. People are still mad about Hema's Mutagen Sample cost.

Nah. They already forgot....