The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Delete Rivens?

Nightswatcher

Could we address what a complete mess Rivens are, the spam in trade chat, the value people put on them and the RNG?
For every other mod there is a specific drop chance and place/enemy and some sort of way to aquire them. For Rivens you run a complete Sortie, when you don't have a proper party it might take you a long time because of other people not knowing setups or what to do in specific missions. and then you get a random machete riven with +zoom...or the other person gets a War riven with +Damage, crit dmg and crit chance and can score 1500p with it because a few people are willing to spend that much. 

There is no content in the game except lv 200+enemies in endless missions, where you would really need these Riven mods and half of the chat full with spam about them+people who want 500+plat for a single mod is just not worth it in my opinion. Just my 5 cents..

Please don't delete Rivens.  Please keep the entire system exactly as it is.  Rivens are not required to enjoy the game or do endgame content.  It's just another thing for people that want something to do.

Please everyone, stop asking for content to be deleted.  That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Edited by Zepp_
Wording

>Gets bad rolls/non meta weapons

>DE please delete rivens they're a mess!

Agreed tho, people come up with some funny prices. But those are the wonders of free market. Tell ya my friend, just sell any veiled riven you get for 60p. Use the system to your advantage ;) Except shotty rivens, people pay 100-150 for those the last time I saw, as there are fewer shottys and thus a better chance not to get sweeper but boar instead.

13 minutes ago, .Fire_Fly. said:

!!!no one is forcing you to use them!!!

Yea, and no one is forcing people that hate rivens to play nor support the game as well.

Anyways, DE cannot remove rivens if they really wanted to, unless they wanted to rip off people that traded plat (real money) for them. And a roll back would be to devastating at this point. So you are stuck with them, so like it or lump it, or uninstall.

10 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

These arguments people keep bringing up about rivens ruining trade chat are a bit silly.

Trade chat has ALWAYS been like that. it has ALWAYS had spam and price gouging. Rivens just made that a bit worse.

the thing is, that for valuable things i try to sell, 9/10 of the offers are always: give me your stuff+200 plat for my awesome Riven. but i want plat or good things, which i can convert more easily into further fortune. Not another riven, that takes another of the few slots DE gave us

1 minute ago, Nightswatcher said:

the thing is, that for valuable things i try to sell, 9/10 of the offers are always: give me your stuff+200 plat for my awesome Riven. but i want plat or good things, which i can convert more easily into further fortune. Not another riven, that takes another of the few slots DE gave us

This is how trading has always been. Rivens have not created any problem, merely added to the existing problems. What you described is no different to someone saying "give me your stuff +200 plat for my awesome prime part".

1st off, WHERE are you getting melee rivens? They dont even exist yet....

2nd, DE is making boatloads of cash of these things. Rivens arent going anywhere anytime soon. People dropping thousands of plat for a riven mod means money spent on plat. Rivens move thousands of plat faster than most of the other items that are released for an event. Riven mods are literally a gold mine.

But it makes the game more fun somehow when there's currently nothing else to do in game...it's not mandatory to have or use them. Does it cause problems and killed off damage 3.0...yes but its the one thing that keeps me logging in from time to time. 

1 hour ago, Nightswatcher said:

For Rivens you run a complete Sortie, when you don't have a proper party it might take you a long time because of other people not knowing setups or what to do in specific missions. and then you get a random machete riven with +zoom...or the other person gets a War riven with +Damage, crit dmg and crit chance

1. Expect of this guy defense typ these are normal missions with high lvl enemies 

2. Machete riven with zoom? I don´t belive when Melee rivens are out they will have zoom + if you don´t like RNG Warframe is not your game it was always and probably ever will be about grinding an RNG

not gonna happen. Rivens could arguably have been implemented better, but they succeed in making MR fodder weapons viable again, the weapons that players love, but couldn't take to higher levels have been given a second chance. if Rivens were deleted, 99% of gear would become unused MR fodder again. no thanks, I like my Attica with +230% Crit Chance.

nobody is forcing you to invest in Rivens, and Trade Chat is always gonna go crazy over stuff that people want and charge extortionate amounts for it. it's nothing new, and I'm willing to bet the Price of Lex Prime parts will go up when consoles get the chance to farm for AkLex prime, not to mention the increased value of AkLex Rivens.

4 hours ago, Nightswatcher said:

and then you get a random machete riven with +zoom...or the other person gets a War riven with +Damage, crit dmg and crit chance and can score 1500p with it because a few people are willing to spend that much. 

what are you even on about? melee Rivens aren't in the game yet, and stats that don't affect melee weapons like Zoom and Recoil will be swapped for things that do such as Reach and Attack Speed. you're right that War Rivens would be valuable, as would Galatine and Nikana Rivens, but this is only the same as Vectis and Sybaris Rivens being sold for hundreds of plat.

if you don't like Rivens, don't use them, simple as that. deleting them only hurts the people who like them.

Not going to happen. The hamster wheel of riven mods has been too successful, it has proved that people don't need real content or Damage 3.0, they need grind for the sake of grind like in Diablo 1. I bet there will be rivens for everything sooner or later.

Edited by SeaUrchins