The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LUA Rescue is nuts

Banser

So, there is a mission on sortie with worst outcome - LUA. All missions on lua is really tough but acceptable (like spy). But I wanna talk a little bit about rescue type. You have ONLY 60 seconds to guess one of ~5-6 consoles. But the point is when you are at the "plz hack more, don't stop room" (room with consoles) you only have ~30 sec because of really slow-opened doors. Is it fine for you to lose mission because of your low luck skills? Well, for me is not! 

Never had a Problem with that and i usually do Sorties with only one Clanmate who hacks the Consoles and i keep the enemies blinded. We only had an Issue with Moon Spy the round before because the Game was glitched and didnt give us any indication on which Console is right or wrong, but we managed it by luck somehow. I agree though that you have very little time because of the doors and Ice, but it has to be challenging i guess.

Edited by Extroah

59 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Never had a Problem with that and i usually do Sorties with only one Clanmate who hacks the Consoles and i keep the enemies blinded. We only had an Issue with Moon Spy the round before because the Game was glitched and didnt give us any indication on which Console is right or wrong, but we managed it by luck somehow.

I thought the same before today. I hack 4 consoles and still no hostage there (=mission failed). Like wtf?! 

Lua Rescue itself is ok but it can be glitched at times that consoles will still lights up after being hacked... and when that happens, you will never find the correct console to open the portal because already glitched.

3 minutes ago, Vilmera said:

probably meant that the hacking will perform the entire group (or at least most part of it). not for solo run

This.

Yeah, we know that a game design like this is not friendly for solo players (I know, I tried soloing this rescue), but seriously a team will make this trivial.

Lua Rescue was never designed for the Sortie kind of "no stealth allowed, no cipher allowed" rules, and is more akin to Lua Spy in that "if you trigger the timer, you're pretty much done for", yet this is unaccounted for by DE.

Just like how they never accounted for the Sortie Defense target running all over the place in the trap-filled Kuva Fortress Defense tileset, and promptly get himself and the entire team killed.

Edited by Mattoropael

2 minutes ago, chaotea said:

I can hack 2-3 consoles myself in the time on sorties.

exactly, if you find the right one in those you are good, if not, kiss the operative bye bye, that is what sucks about it, they should extend time by like 15 secs or speed the god damn doors up, they take around 8 secs to open, enough for me to hack the last terminal and go in the portal

1 minute ago, Bizzaro21 said:

exactly, if you find the right one in those you are good, if not, kiss the operative bye bye, that is what sucks about it, they should extend time by like 15 secs or speed the god damn doors up, they take around 8 secs to open, enough for me to hack the last terminal and go in the portal

Pretty sure the number of hacks is dependent on number of players. Less player will give less buttons. In a 4 player sortie, assuming 1 person is defending, the team should be able to hack 9 panels.

And you can slide under doors, so its more like 3 sec.

6 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Pretty sure the number of hacks is dependent on number of players. Less player will give less buttons. In a 4 player sortie, assuming 1 person is defending, the team should be able to hack 9 panels.

And you can slide under doors, so its more like 3 sec.

not really, as you must check in portal to roll a terminal out, and nope, I did solo and got 4 terminals, tried DUO and also got 4, it doesnt change, which is good tbh, given that all squads get the same time regardless of player count

and I did, first opens up in that time, second takes like 5, there is a way around the doors, but it takes almost the same time to go through...

59 minutes ago, Banser said:

So, there is a mission on sortie with worst outcome - LUA. All missions on lua is really tough but acceptable (like spy). But I wanna talk a little bit about rescue type. You have ONLY 60 seconds to guess one of ~5-6 consoles. But the point is when you are at the "plz hack more, don't stop room" (room with consoles) you only have ~30 sec because of really slow-opened doors. Is it fine for you to lose mission because of your low luck skills? Well, for me is not! 

Hacking the door is really slow.

One of the support columns leads to a big hole in the roof, that leads directly into the cell block. 

In today's sortie, i managed to get in, and unlock two cells while the other guys in my squad tried to get the door open.

EDIT:

Im also pretty sure when you hack the 'correct' cell, the operative inside starts thanking you profusely - Without the need to go inside the cell itself, so just keep hacking 'till you hear them shout out "you've saved me, thank you" (or something).

Edited by MillbrookWest
typo

39 minutes ago, Vilmera said:

probably meant that the hacking will perform the entire group (or at least most part of it). not for solo run

The problem is if you hack wrong console after the right portal opens the portal will close and if noone was fast enough to get inside you are screwed.

So no. You have to hack only one console at a time.

There are 2 secret shortcuts into the room instead of the slow-moving doors. Through the roof or below the floor.  Practice regular Lua rescue first and find these shortcuts before doing Sortie. You will enter the room with a lot of time to spare.

Majority of all Rescue missions have these shortcuts but most people don't know them and always take the front doors which takes the most time and is often dangerous. (I recall only 2 Corpus ones do not have shortcuts, the Europe outside-tower on the planet and Jupiter gas city tileset.  And the Grineer Uranus undersea map).

And like others said, hack the consoles one at a time and wait 1-2 seconds before trying the next. If you hear nothing, continue, If you hear a voice, get in.  It's always been like that since Lua as introduced. Did everybody just do Lua rescue only once to clear the star map and never again?  That might be the reason sortie rescue is so hard for some, lack of experience and no knowledge of the shortcuts.  Nothing to do with Luck.

Edited by MystMan

Well the only options are :

1. Try again and again until you're lucky enough to get the good console on the first/second try (since you barely have the time for 2 or 3 consoles to hack)
  2. Get a full synchro team of tenno to hack > test the portal > hack again > etc... which is still almost impossible in the mere 1min allowed by the alarm
  3. Hope DE fixes it because it's stupid to turn a stealth mission into a "are you lucky enough ?" mission

You've my +1, I hope DE notices this.

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

... but seriously a team will make this trivial.

Then you try it with a pug and realise why there are so many complaints about bad Loki players. 

Rush ahead, start rescue, get killed by guards before even reaching the first panel...

Can't even make it to the rescue room, don't know how to hack a panel...how did they even reach sorties?

Anyway, just make the countdown a bit longer/stop with the automatic alert.

100% solo, never again with pug.

1 minute ago, Helljack84 said:

Then you try it with a pug and realise why there are so many complaints about bad Loki players. 

Rush ahead, start rescue, get killed by guards before even reaching the first panel...

Can't even make it to the rescue room, don't know how to hack a panel...how did they even reach sorties?

Anyway, just make the countdown a bit longer/stop with the automatic alert.

100% solo, never again with pug.

The bad player in this case is u. Because u need hours to get to the objective in a very fast paced game. You are the problem here. That guy wouldnt die if he would get helped by his teammates which are probably to unskilled to complete the mission. Greets

53 minutes ago, DeterrentMan said:

The bad player in this case is u. Because u need hours to get to the objective in a very fast paced game. You are the problem here. That guy wouldnt die if he would get helped by his teammates which are probably to unskilled to complete the mission. Greets

Of course, makes sense. One guy rushes ahead and instant fails because pushing one button to be invisible is hard.

So he's too inept and can't complete the mission on his own, he needs his team to carry him because he can't hack or push one button on his keyboard.

And because he can't do it alone he rushes ahead and fails his entire team, which is to blame for this...yeah I get it.

Guess you're one of these guys xD

Good day to you sir. I hope you will always get good teams so you can get carried show off your skills.

Edited by Helljack84