Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This screenshot showcases 90 percent of what's wrong with Kuva Siphons at the moment.

Jackviator

14 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

Does it need changed/fixed?  Yes.   Worth getting mad over?  No.

Dunno about others in the thread, but I'm not mad so much as shocked/appalled at the misinformation and whatnot, and even more shocked and appalled that it's still in the game after all this time; I feel like I shouldn't even have to be posting this, it really should have been fixed by now.

All it takes is for Rebecca to do some more voice work. That's it. All the groundwork is there for them to make a tutorial. After that's done and they change the Siphon's HP bar color to gray, problem solved.

...So why hasn't it been fixed, after all this time? It's been months.

Edited by Jackviator

I don't think this needs a tutorial but I 100% agree that Lotus' dialogue is misleading and needs to be changed.

Edit: changed in more ways than one.  First Lotus pretends she has no idea what the siphon is  "what is this tenno?". But then she suddenly does and is asking you to destroy it,  but doesn't hint at how.  The first line needs to be changed big time,  and her destroy lines should be changed to "capture the kuva in the void". That's a good tip  imo coupled with the press 5 to use operator mode in the beginning.

Edited by TaylorsContraction

6 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

@Jackviator dunno, not family friendly words, means anger to me.

Dunno, I very rarely get angry, I'm a pretty chill guy, yet I swear like a trooper all the time around people who I know won't be offended by it.

Having players figure things out by themselves can work in single player games where mystery is part of the design, though even then I'd argue that basic game mechanics are not the things you want to make mysterious.

But the Lotus giving you misinfomation (that's not story related) should not be happening.

7 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

dunno, not family friendly words, means anger to me.

One doesn't have to be angry to say "what the hell" in reaction to something. Surprise, shock, repulsion... these all work too. (And you can replace "hell" with whatever expletive you like, doesn't matter; the idea still applies). 

12 hours ago, armedpoop said:

I dont get how people can argue against this. Warframe needs more explanation in general, and when the tutorials (if you can call them that) actively misguide you, thats a huge issue. 

well like..the game tells you what to do, you get a big pop up plus like...you literally have to do the same thing to the kuva that you did to the kuva guaridans

3 hours ago, Shade-Nightclaw said:

the game tells you what to do

Yeaaahno it doesn't. All we get are things like "No time to ask questions, destroy that thing" from the Lotus, again enforcing the idea that the objective is to destroy the Siphon, not catch Kuva Clouds.

you get a big pop up

That's mainly there to remind you what button Operator mode is bound to, and a method of telling you when you're getting close.

you literally have to do the same thing to the kuva that you did to the kuva guaridans

When in TWW, iirc you have to kill a bunch of Kuva guardians before being able to damage the Queen's braids with your weapons. If anything, all this would infer to newer players is that what you're supposed to do in these missions is kill the Kuva Guardians and the Siphon will become vulnerable, which obviously isn't the case, causing the player to become even more misled.

Edited by Jackviator

I had to go on wiki myself, but that's really common for this game. They just added a bunch of tutorial messages in the game. I haven't tried enabling them to listen to them yet, but hopefully they're a step in the right direction and explain more things for new players. This is a fairly common problem throughout Warframe, not just in kuva missions.

A small adjustment that would be nice would be if the kuva cloud was easier to see, maybe if it was red.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)TheFancyJedi said:

This is a fairly common problem throughout Warframe, not just in kuva missions.

Well, here's as good a place to start as any in terms of fixing that kind of thing :P

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)TheFancyJedi said:

A small adjustment that would be nice would be if the kuva cloud was easier to see, maybe if it was red.

Hm... if it was just one solid color, it might be harder to differentiate from things like the energy colors of certain weapons and frames (The Torid, Pox and Telos Boltace spring to mind) if the owners of said items colored the energy red.

Perhaps they could get a map marker instead. Or maybe an indicator that points you in the general direction of it, like we have for Reactant in Fissure missions?

4 hours ago, Shade-Nightclaw said:

well like..the game tells you what to do, you get a big pop up plus like...you literally have to do the same thing to the kuva that you did to the kuva guaridans

@Jackviator pretty much said what I wouldve anyway,but i just wanted to add that your DONT do the same thing to the kuva guards. You dont need to void blast the kuva before dashing thru it, so if you explained it that way to pubs, it would be even more confusing when you see your teammates looking for feedback that you hit them with the void blast. 

2 hours ago, Jackviator said:

Hm... if it was just one solid color, it might be harder to differentiate from things like the energy colors of certain weapons and frames (The Torid, Pox and Telos Boltace spring to mind) if the owners of said items colored the energy red.

Perhaps they could get a map marker instead. Or maybe an indicator that points you in the general direction of it, like we have for Reactant in Fissure missions?

I guess that could possibly be an issue. I was just thinking red will contrast well with most of the tile sets and the resource icon is red so it made sense. Maybe dynamic coloring, such as a negative of colors behind it, might look good and stand out. Pretty much anything is better than the faint white it is now.

The clouds are always right next to the extractor, wherever the hose is pointing, so I don't think a map marker is really necessary. The cloud being marked might help though.

4 hours ago, Jackviator said:

All they really need is an outline around them that's unable to be seen through the environment, but able to be seen otherwise. Bright white. I mentioned it in my post, earlier.

Marking it would kind of defeat the purpose of finding it based on where the siphon is pointing and the Kuva cloud, itself, already has a generic enemy marker on the minimap.

I'd rather see the Siphon become a bullet sponge "enemy" than have to jump out of my Warframe and enter "Wet Toilet Paper Mode" to snatch up Kuva. This would have been a great opportunity to introduce a proper mini-boss tied to a specific event. Alas... nope.

Kuva and its method of acquisition just need to go away. Forever.

Is Tellurium still used for anything? Why keep adding resources (other than a grind wall)?

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)TheFancyJedi said:

I was just thinking red will contrast well with most of the tile sets and the resource icon is red so it made sense.

"most of the tile sets" except everywhere that's Infested or Grineer Galleon. Putting a more or less bright white outline around the cloud would really help it stand out in those darker environments.

19 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

But the Lotus giving you misinfomation (that's not story related) should not be happening.

Agreed. If I can't trust her to give me the correct information to get through the missions ... well, then she's useless to me.

just look at most of the game as a whole, things like warframe abilitys, ash's ultimate needs a tutorial all of its own, all of limbo's abilitys, the damage system, etc, tons of stuff is not documented properly ingame or explained in any way, you need the wiki to explain 95% of the games important nechanics and features, its little wonder many new players get put off so quickly.

Then you have other vital crutches like warframe.market to make trading bearable, thats 2 near mandatory external community websites that are near vital just to keep you right.

On 2/7/2017 at 4:43 AM, Chipputer said:

Preach it.

I like the idea of Kuva Siphons but they are needlessly obtuse. Beyond that, you have no idea what the Kuva looks like until you get into the mission and there are plenty of tilesets that make it extremely difficult to see it by virtue of it being red and black.

To add to that, someone with bright red energy can make it hard to see the thing, in and of itself.

To add to that, the clouds will often not render for me at all. If they do render they're often lost in everyone's fx and the chaos that is Warframe in general. Now put that on a narrow part of the map.. yeah. The idea is decent but it needs some work before it's actually something I'd enjoy (or at least wouldn't really mind) doing. Luckily I don't have much rivens and don't care to farm Kuva but if I did I'd be frustrated.