Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kulstar worth spending 3,800 plastids?

GennaPetrovich

Question

17 answers to this question

some clans spent 500 000 mutagen samles to research Hema. As long as it gives Mastery points it's worth everything.

The kulstar is much like the zarr with the cluster grenade fire and self damage, can be a lot of fun but besides fun and mastery points there's not much else to it. Sure it does decent amounts of dmg to high lvl enemies but get too close to the sun and you get burnt, a problem tigris(prime) does not have

Edited by EDM774

1 minute ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Kulstar is the best weapon to give hostages...  They take no self dmg and with this thing maxed out you can ignore them because nothing is going anywhere near the hostage anymore.

hikou prime with concealed explosives. tho kulstar is another great option

Edited by Moysa

1 hour ago, GennaPetrovich said:

Just decided to craft kulstar and when i saw amount of required plastids i was like "wtf?" 

Does this weapon performance justify it's price?

Kulstar is a very powerful Sidearm, it is extremely efficient when used against crowds of mobs or with Mag's Magnetize to focus the damage into a single target or small area.

I use it for taking down Bosses quickly in Sorties such as Raptor and Phorid. Raptor for example Blows in 3 shots (1 Magazine).

This is my Build for it:

732858552a3bf9d903400f8827bfb6ca.png

Spoiler

When the Kulstar first came out, both its shot and clusters would do full elemental damage to enemies hit by them. Applying Punchthrough mods would cause the weapon to completely shred all enemies in its path and the clusters would have the same affect, piercing multiple enemies causing multiple detonations and area damages.

DE later changed this adding a physical damage to the primary shot which is not shown on the weapon's status so only the detonation causes the elemental damages.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

10 hours ago, GennaPetrovich said:

Just decided to craft kulstar and when i saw amount of required plastids i was like "wtf?" 

Does this weapon performance justify it's price?

Yes, mine has 17k blast damage, 13k corrosive, 8k magnet and 3k radiation

i would never do a sortie without it unless melee or rifle only.

PS: although it may kill you when you shoot it on a close range, but it's the only gun i always carry

If it was in real life, i would put it under the pillow and sleep calmely

PSS: it's a must in our clan to have one in all fights

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

I have a 4~5 forma'd Kulstar and it has pretty much top-tier fire-power if you ask me.

However, please do keep in mind that its extreme firepower WILL kill you so very easily for every slight mistake. 

I personally prefer something less suicidal and don't seem to need so much firepower with my secondary.

I personally prefer the Sonicor much, much more since I can fire it freely even in run-and-gun situations in close quarters to ragdoll anything all day, everyda.

Edited by NativeKiller