The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is a rework for Banshee coming too?

-Oni-Bushido-

Stating the obvious because apparently people have massive penalties to their Spot skill and haven't noticed the elephant yet...

Soundquake is in need of a total rework. It's boring to use because you literally can't do anything else, it's insulting to the game that players can use it to just turn off enemies completely, and anti-cooperative to have such a player on the team because it forces you to wander 50+ meters away to find anything to do.

As far as Banshee's other abilities, the only other thing that needs to be addressed is recasting Sonar adding multiple weak points instead of resetting them. I don't know when this changed from how it used to work, but it wasn't a good change; if you want "plague of weak points everywhere", that's what the sonar augment is for.

She doesn't really need one her skills are in a good place and can scales well  with good augments all round.

Her issues have always been around her lack of survivability dying from a stray sneeze. i would imagine her prime version might effect that.

Edited by Nazzami

Just now, Momaw said:

Soundquake is in need of a total rework. It's boring to use because you literally can't do anything else, it's insulting to the game that players can use it to just turn off enemies completely, and anti-cooperative to have such a player on the team because it forces you to wander 50+ meters away to find anything to do.

Mesa's peacemaker says hello...

5 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Soundquake is in need of a total rework.

This, alone, is what I feel needs tweaked.

Maybe changing Sonar to add weak points to enemies within a field around you for xx amount of seconds so that you don't have to spam it constantly to make sure all enemies are tagged?

I'd say a bit longer stun duration (or make the stun duration based with a base of 2 seconds) on Silence...SQ....its good for CC, but its AoE is so massive other players would NEED to go out of their way to find enemies.

Edited by xcynderx

8 minutes ago, Nazzami said:

Mesa's peacemaker says hello...

When was the last time you actually used Mesa? I only asked because your reply is implying that Peacemaker allows a player to AFK - that is ridiculous and false. The old Peacemaker was a Crutch Brigade favorite, but the current version isn't because players have to actually aim it.

For me it will be just to make silence recastable, it will add what she doesn't have unless she's with a team focused on protecting her or just plain AFK with Soundquake, survability.

Maybe some touches here and there for Soundquake but at least to me, making Silence recastable will be the way to go.

Edited by Nutoru

I'm not sure why people feel the need to bring up Peacemaker and compare it to Soundquake because you, "can't move while casting it."

Hello? That's called a tradeoff. Use it from a better position and you'll be fine. Peacemaker does amazing damage and Soundquake does constant, reliable CC. Stop standing in the middle of that open field and start using choke points and ducking behind cover.

(First of all, I'm not a Banshee player, but have seen too many lazy campers playing as her..) As I assumed, there's a main controversy with her 4th ability. Lazy players like it, and more agile players choose an ability which can be cast while moving. My thoughts are that, if Quake had its recent augment, we wont be getting much of a difference, about Silence, I still do not understand that ability. Sometimes it stuns my enemies and sometimes they just keep shooting at me; So any new rework to her 3rd will be welcome for me. And for her 4th, the same opinion as with the Simulor: Lazy players, lazy minded..

Edited by Z_Caronte_Z