Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Suggestion to improve Equinox aquisition: Move her to Earth

DaftMeat

Equinox has a total of 8 parts that need to be farmed (both Day and Night form versions of Neuroptics, Chassis, System, and Blueprint). This is made even more challenging since all parts have a somewhat equal chance to drop from Tyl Regor. She is arguably one of the longest-to-farm Warframes except for some incredibly lucky players who get all parts in only 8 runs.

As a suggestion to make the RNG more manageable, consider swapping her drop locations with Hydroid. When Earth is on it's Sunlight cycle with sunlight scannable plants, Vay Hek could drop Day parts. When Earth is on it's Moonlight cycle, Vay Hek might drop Night parts. Instead of having 1-out-of-8 chances of getting the part you need, this will change it to 1-out-of-4 chances to get what you need per cycle. It works thematically.

Hydroid and his water-themed powers are more suitable to the submersible tileset theme of Uranus as an added bonus.

I do understand that she is a bit of an advanced frame and having her drop on an early planet in the solar map like Earth might be a bit of a concern, and the manufacturing costs for her total build may still make complete aquisition a challenge for newer players. However, when a player is ready to build Equinox, this would make collecting parts much less frustrating.

(Apologies if this has been suggested before, I found nothing in a quick forum search)

Edited by DaftMeat
Typos

Kinda makes sense, yeah. As for her being on an early planet, Vay Hek is not an easy boss so without help new players wouldn't be able to farm for her. (And with help, the higher level players could just drag the newbie to Uranus so it doesn't really matter that it would be available from a lower level planet.) Equinox is a pain to farm as is, and this would certainly help.

Just going for thematic sense, this is a fantastic idea. The way things turned out is really a result of when certain things were released to the game, but I can't see any possible reason this can't be revisted.

Put the day/night frame on the only planet with a day night cycle. Perfect.

Put the water frame on the water planet. Fantastic.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

Thing is Vay Hek takes much longer to fight. You can speed run through uranus to get Equinox, especially if you have a good team.

No in the end all this would do is make Equinox even more annoying to farm. Trust me. I have farmed her twice.

Both are bosses with Invincibility phases, both are annoying fights. Vay Hek isn't bad if you know what you're doing, just like any other boss.

I am currently farming her a second time myself and I am drowning in Day parts I don't need. Personally, I would love to limit hunting for Day parts during Sunlight cycle and Night parts during Moonlight cycle.

If it was not for Vay Hek I'd love it. But fighting Vay Hek dozen times... nope.

Vay Hek is the worst boss in game. Magnetic procs, can heal, has very small hit areas and loves to spin around, making it even harder to hit him. Sorry, nothing is worse than him. As @AdunSaveMe.wrote people would actively avoid Equinox.

24 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

On the other hand, you'd have to fight Vay Hek for each part.

I think people would avoid trying to get Equinox out of sheer hatred for the boss design.

6 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

If it was not for Vay Hek I'd love it. But fighting Vay Hek dozen times... nope.

Vay Hek is the worst boss in game. Magnetic procs, can heal, has very small hit areas and loves to spin around, making it even harder to hit him. Sorry, nothing is worse than him. As @AdunSaveMe.wrote people would actively avoid Equinox.

In a word: Rhino.

And to be fair, that's a problem with Vay Hek himself, not a problem specifically with my suggestion.

Furthermore, it's still a problem for people farming Hydroid, it's just not as much of a complaint since most people think Hydroid is :poop: 

Honestly, I think considering what you get with Equinox, people would be MORE likely to endure the Vay Hek to obtain her than they otherwise would to obtain Hydroid.

Edited by DaftMeat

6 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

In a word: Rhino.

And to be fair, that's a problem with Vay Hek himself, not a problem specifically with my suggestion.

Furthermore, it's still a problem for people farming Hydroid, it's just not as much of a complaint since most people think Hydroid is :poop: 

Honestly, I think considering what you get with Equinox, people would be MORE likely to endure the Vay Hek to obtain her than they otherwise would to obtain Hydroid.

As if I didn't know how to kill Vay Hek.

It's true, it's problem with Vay Hek, not your suggestion but when you suggest something you should look at entire picture. If it was any other boss it wouldn't be a problem. But it's Vay Hek. Hard for newbie, frustrating for veteran.

Unless Vay Hek would get (another) rework I think it would add unnecessary layer of frustration to already frustrating frame grind.

Hell no. I barely stood farming Hydroid. Vay Hek is an easy-yet-infuriating boss, and I would hate to farm him 30 times in a row to get all of Equinox's parts. In fact, I flat out wouldn't, and I'd probably have bought her instead if that were the case. This is coming from a veteran player, too - he's hard as hell to newbies, as I constantly see complaints about people not being able to kill him, so it'd be even worse for them. Why suggest making the frame with the most parts to make drop from one of the worst bosses in the game? Sure, you're splitting the two halves, but that doesn't make the grind any less irritating when it revolves around spamming Vay Hek.

Tyl Regor isn't bad to farm at all, on the other hand. I didn't mind grinding for her.

Edited by Cat__Nap

2 hours ago, Syvarin said:

Kinda makes sense, yeah. As for her being on an early planet, Vay Hek is not an easy boss so without help new players wouldn't be able to farm for her. (And with help, the higher level players could just drag the newbie to Uranus so it doesn't really matter that it would be available from a lower level planet.) Equinox is a pain to farm as is, and this would certainly help.

I actually think Vay Hek is easier than Tyl Regor. With Vay Hek, just shoot him in the face a few times (which isn't really difficult especially with a Shotgun). Then shoot Vay Hek again. Tyl Regor on the other hand requires the player to shoot him, kill Manics, then shoot him again. Mathematically speaking, it should take the same amount of time to Farm Equinox off of Tyl Regor than to farm off of Vay Hek but, it would take longer to Farm Vay Hek because of the Day/Night Cycle. 

On one hand, Equinox on Earth makes lore sense and gameplay sense with the day-night cycle. As well as Hydroid being the "water boss" reward making even more sense.

However, Vay Hek is by far the most un-fun boss in the game and requiring people to play him even more sounds like a sin.

Honestly, Vay Hek is so bad that I would say Warframe drops should stay for now, Vay Hek needs some more tweaks (Jackal-like invulnerability and non-hitscan attacks would probably be enough). Seriously DE, pause work on all other bosses and get Hek in a playable state before moving on.

I like it thematically, but as people say, this would be really frustrating having to fight Vay Hek over and over (Tyl Regor is a much easier fight).

But.... then why not make Vay Hek drop both an Equinox day part AND an Equinox night part, every time you fight him, regardless wether it is day or night? I mean, you technically defeat him twice (first in flying form, then in mecha form), so dropping two parts kind of makes sense.

I think that would make the Equinox grind more similar to getting a regular frame, while still allowing for this fitting theme swap

18 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

I actually think Vay Hek is easier than Tyl Regor. With Vay Hek, just shoot him in the face a few times (which isn't really difficult especially with a Shotgun). Then shoot Vay Hek again. Tyl Regor on the other hand requires the player to shoot him, kill Manics, then shoot him again. Mathematically speaking, it should take the same amount of time to Farm Equinox off of Tyl Regor than to farm off of Vay Hek but, it would take longer to Farm Vay Hek because of the Day/Night Cycle. 

This has been my experience too. I have a MR23 founder account as well as a MR14 account that I worked from the ground up again, and while Vay Hek is certainly annoying on either account, I don't think he's the worst boss in the game. One of the worst maybe, but not solitary the worst.

So, instead of Tyl Regor, which is one of the more tolerable bosses to farm repeatedly thanks to his community-favorite voice and acceptable runtime, you somehow came to the conclusion that moving Equinox to Vay Hek, the most loathed starchart boss in the entire game, would make it better?

I'm not against the day/night theme, but unless Vay Hek is overhauled to be less obnoxious, Hydroid is the frame that he deserves to drop.

Edited by Mattoropael

On 27.2.2017 at 4:50 AM, AdunSaveMe said:

On the other hand, you'd have to fight Vay Hek for each part.

I think people would avoid trying to get Equinox out of sheer hatred for the boss design.

Hek isn't bad designed, the problem is he is a coin toss wether or not he transitions into the mech phase or not. Easy to bug out. Everything outside the actual boss area at the end can be skipped, just run past him into the next area and he will follow, do that until you reach the final area and there you have him, waiting without wasting any time fighting him in the open map

Edited by Kalec

5 minutes ago, Kalec said:

Everything outside the actual boss area at the end can be skipped, just run past him into the next area and he will follow,

Wait, you can do that? How did I not know?

I still think that he needs a rework so you have more ways to damage him than just shooting his face (would be nice if there was a way to use your surroundings, for example). Or a way to reliably force him to show his face (shooting his exhausts makes him overheat) so you don't just have to rely on a timer.

15 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Wait, you can do that? How did I not know?

I still think that he needs a rework so you have more ways to damage him than just shooting his face (would be nice if there was a way to use your surroundings, for example). Or a way to reliably force him to show his face (shooting his exhausts makes him overheat) so you don't just have to rely on a timer.

And only 1 Tenno has to skip him, if the other 3 fight him in the open and you reach the next area, he will just ignore the others and pop up in the next area, so you can just "force" your teammates to skip all of that.

But it's not even an actual timer. it's rng what pattern he uses. he can open his ugly face twice in a row or not for a minute or longer. That increases if you have a slow Nova, which i hate against Hek. Can speed things up but at the same time can make the fight last twice as long or more.

Again, my biggest problem with him, which is why i am avoiding him, is that high rate of bugging out when transitioning into the Mech phase.

Edited by Kalec

34 minutes ago, Kalec said:

Hek isn't bad designed, the problem is he is a coin toss wether or not he transitions into the mech phase or not. Easy to bug out. Everything outside the actual boss area at the end can be skipped, just run past him into the next area and he will follow, do that until you reach the final area and there you have him, waiting without wasting any time fighting him in the open map

Hek absolutely is poorly designed. He has a tiny weak spot, constant erratic movement, is the worst boss to have host jitter on which makes the movement even less reliable, he has an absolutely obscene amount of raw health and can drain your energy very easily. The fight has to be cheesed just to make it bearable. Nothing about this boss is fun except for some elements of the terra frame phase.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I agree with everyone else above me. Logically, it makes a lot of sense, and I could see DE considering it at first. But, Vay Hek is the worst video game boss I've ever had the displeasure of farming. I howl in pain anytime someone I know needs help with him for a junction, and I barely felt the need to farm Hydroid. Rework Vay Hek, then swap the drops, and I'm all for this idea.