The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Banshee Prime worth it?

(PSN)Victini24316

Question

Is Banshee prime worth it? I've previously had wanted to get her but then the prime access came out and now I'm kind of on the fence on whether I should get her or not. Granted she has higher armour and power values and a higher sprint speed but the only other gear she comes with are the Helios prime and the Euphona prime. Which i'm pretty sure was supposed to be the Pyrana prime but was changed.

Do you think its worth spending about £60 to get her or just wait till the next prime access.

Just get her in game for free. Had her "cooking" in my foundry the day she was released, it's not that hard to grab the relics and farm her yourself. In the worse case scenario, buy a couple of missing set pieces for good plat deals on trade chat... It'll be much cheaper than buying prime access.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

If you want the plat, and everything insta-unlocked, get prime access. Euphona is MR14 locked by the way, so keep that in mind.

I personally would NEVER get PA but if you don't mind blowing the money, power to you.

Otherwise, I went the long route and farmed her out on the first day instead of paying for her. 

If you like Banshee, get 'er. Otherwise, just master fodder for you.

Edited by (XB1)Ginger Bruhv

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

If you want the plat, and everything insta-unlocked, get prime access. Euphona is MR14 locked by the way, so keep that in mind.

I personally would NEVER get PA but if you don't mind blowing the money, power to you.

Otherwise, I went the long route and farmed her out on the first day instead of paying for her. 

If you like Banshee, get 'er. Otherwise, just master fodder for you.

Ive bought every prime access XD

Funny story, ive never made a frame. Like at all.

Sure, if you have the money to spend and it will make you happy to have it, go for it. 

If it's a matter of some debate or you know you'll have buyer's remorse, then don't - wait a few more weeks until the trade pricing comes down to "reasonable for an unvaulted prime" and then pick it up in trade or from relics. If you've got yourself 300 or so platinum now, you can probably find someone who'll just sell you a set, and that way you've spent maybe $18 as opposed to $80.

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

1 hour ago, (PS4)Victini24316 said:

Do you think its worth spending about £60 to get her or just wait till the next prime access.

Honestly only you can answer this for yourself.

IF you're one of the people that loves Banshee and was unhappy when Valkyr Prime came out instead of Banshee Prime then yeah it might be worth it.

IF you don't actually enjoy playing Banshee then probably not.

IF you like to farm and build Primes then probably not.

IF £60 means very little to you, then probably. But if that were the case I expect you wouldn't even have asked this in the first place. ;-)

Alternative middle ground - if you're looking to spend £60 but aren't too sure about spending it on Prime Access then use those funds to buy Plat instead. 

Then you can use some of that Plat to either buy Banshee Prime via Trade/Warframe Market or to speed up the farming process by filling in any gaps once you've hit that point of where your patience has run out from bad RNG.

Cheers.
~R~

When you consider that the price for Banshee Prime.. can also get you the very soon releasing Mass Effect Andromeda... yeah, one little frame with some pretty pixel accessories, is not nearly worth it.

But then, that's the reality with all micro transactions, you don't realize how ludicrous they are until you compare it to what the same money could otherwise get you, like an ME Andromeda.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

Personally, IMO, I would never buy the Access Pack that includes the Frame and Weapons. You can farm the parts, craft, spend 40-60 plat for Catalyst and Reactor OR wait for an alert for one.

Now, the Access Pack for the cosemetics? As of now the Prime Access is the only way to obtain these cosmetics. I myself bought the last one, the Liset skin and Operator suit. 

I hope that one day in the future DE does a bundle(s) for the Prime Cosmetics. I would spend money on those.

1 hour ago, Baterial said:

NEVER PAY FOR PRIME ACCESS

Says the person with an Ember Prime access profile icon. :P

---

Anyhow, back on topic... I mean yeah, it's kinda pricey but it's totally your choice to buy the PA or not. Personally I always just farm out what I want from PA pack because I want the gear but don't wanna break the bank, but that's just me.

Edited by Jackviator

I'll never buy prime access. There has been armor and other cosmetics I've really wanted but for the price..? Eh... on top of that, as far as buying a frame goes. Warframe... pretty much new stuff is content with the lack of end game going on. So if I were to just have a prime waiting for me, I'd level it and lose interest quickly. I'm not a fan of the grind but when this sort of content is all you have to look forward to, it gives you something to do so long as the grind isn't unreasonable. 

I bought Valkyr and Banshee Prime access. I didn't enjoy banshee but I did enjoy the gun. That weapon is very strong imho. I bought it mostly for the plat. I think the price of plat is pretty outrageous but buying the prime access is the cheapest way. I wish it was a little cheaper but it's not and I don't think it will ever be. The only time platinum is worth it is when it's on sale. Even then, it's pretty steep. 

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

To the OP, This ^ is exactly right, PA is for the huge discount on plat. And yes it is worth it, your getting essentially $120 worth in plat for half price.

Basically. To me, I'm really buying plat that has bonus incentives at a discounted price. If you look at it that way, than it's a steal? If they sold primed frames in the market they would more than likely go for double their counterparts for the non prime ver. So nekros prime would be like 750 plat? 

If you are wise you can buy 2 good game with tha money so my answer is a clear no to prime access. If you wish to support them then buy discounted platinum and use it well. Everything (almost) farmable if you can stand the grind if not like me just not waste your time on shinies.

I'd wait honestly, since next prime Access could be really good. my Banshee Prime is still cooking away nicely in the Foundry, and the grind wasn't easy, but going from my experience as a vanilla Banshee, she's worth it: slightly better armour, more energy, looks awesome and Banshee is incredibly strong if you play her right. also can't wait to try out the Euphona prime tomorrow, because sometimes trading has it's benefits! :smile: