The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Improved the performance of the Simulor."

Separius

IEtiWjY.png

Why did this happen? Why did DE make the Simulors better when we specifically asked for them to nerf the overused, crutch, annoying sad excuse of weapons? I'm so disappointed, I can barely hold back my tears, I feel so betrayed right now.

Edited by Separius

They didn't even say what they did. That concerns me more. It has been over a half an hour. Half the posts in the thread are asking for clarification, or specifics of some kind. 

And instead we have complete radio silence. Nothing. Not a peep. 

So what did they actually do? What does improved performance mean? And is it for both Simulors or just the regular? We don't know because they didn't tell us and won't answer the question. Vague patch notes especially on popular weapons are not good. They need to be specific. If it was visual/graphics related, say so. Whatever it is, be specific.

Edited by Tesseract7777

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

So what did they actually do? What does improved performance mean? And is it for both Simulors or just the regular? We don't know because they didn't tell us and won't answer the question. 

I'm hardly concerned tbh. Infinate damage + buff = infinate damage still

Just now, Zephyr said:

I'm hardly concerned tbh. Infinate damage + buff = infinate damage still

The thing is I don't know whether I should be concerned at all or not because they didn't tell us anything specific. Improved performance could mean so many different things. 

I personally doubt it will be anything to freak out about. I am actually more bothered by the principle itself that there are no specifics. Whatever it is, I just want to know what they actually did. 

3 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Well Nekros was needing "Improved performance" I.E nerfed SoTD, so maybe this was a nerf in a simulor fashion? 

I'll leave now :clem: 

You have been excused. There has never been a pun ever....simulor to this one. It was terrible.

Nine times out of ten, "performance" implies graphical and computational performance, and "effectiveness" implies gameplay changes, so I'm not especially worried.

'Course, this could be that one out of ten, but they could also be talking about just the regular Simulor, which isn't especially impressive in comparison to the Synoid version.

I think they meant performance in relation to your FPS, not the weapon's own performance.

in other words, Simulor is still OP as hell but now it won't have a bad impact on your 60fps monitors, or whatever you're running on. back to sharpening my pickaxe ready for the day Simulor gets nerfed.

15 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

The thing is I don't know whether I should be concerned at all or not because they didn't tell us anything specific. Improved performance could mean so many different things. 

I personally doubt it will be anything to freak out about. I am actually more bothered by the principle itself that there are no specifics. Whatever it is, I just want to know what they actually did. 

Definitely is a computational handling of the weapon and its effects, based on the wording. But I agree with you, vague patch notes/undocumented patch notes are a slap to the face for any player who cares about the game. There is no harm in being specific.

A lot of the time if they say "improved performance" they mean in regards to processing, CPU load, or frames per second.  If they had changed the stats, I think they would have actually specifically said that.  And if the in-game stats still look the same, I think it's safe to assume they meant "made the weapon less likely to crash your PC or slow the game to a crawl when someone is using one."  Or at least not quite as much as it did before.

4 minutes ago, Azlen said:

Definitely is a computational handling of the weapon and its effects, based on the wording. But I agree with you, vague patch notes/undocumented patch notes are a slap to the face for any player who cares about the game. There is no harm in being specific.

I read it as being on the graphics end as well, but that is my exact concern is the matter of specifics. Even if we could be pretty much certain it was for graphical/sound issues or what have you, they could say a little more than what they gave us. Like "did x with orbs merging to improve fps" or something like that. Just a little more to go on would be nice. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I read it as being on the graphics end as well, but that is my exact concern is the matter of specifics. Even if we could be pretty much certain it was for graphical/sound issues or what have you, they could say a little more than what they gave us. Like "did x with orbs merging to improve fps" or something like that. Just a little more to go on would be nice. 

Yep yep, slightly off-topic, but I played League for years and always read every patch note. Towards the end, there started to be more and more things they 'forgot' to include in the notes (always nerfs) as well as wording things that were nerfs in a way that was to imply they were either around the same power level, or much better/slightly worse when in fact they were MUCH worse and only slightly better. I absolutely despise that type of (for lack of a better word) pussyfooting around what you are doing. If you have the coconuts to flat out take stealth away from Loki (just an example), you better have the coconuts to own up to it in your patch notes. DE has been pretty good with this, and I hope they continue to do so.

19 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

The problem is if it's computational, then it could boil down to "increased the bypass on the hyperthruster, which should result in a performance increase of between zero and 5% on the gree perambulator for most users, depending on hardware configuration."

So everyone is ignoring the fact that it says "Simulor" and not "Synoid Simulor?" There's a difference.

Anyhow, "performance" is vague. Perhaps they improved the visual performance of the gun (so perhaps it looks better?), the performance on the hardware side (so it doesn't cause FPS drops), or maybe they just buffed the original Simulor (I wouldn't know, because I never use either of those spammy black-hole launchers).

Regardless, I highly doubt they buffed the Synoid variant when so many people have voiced their complaints about it.