Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Assimilate fix is a massive nerf

Treebiter

31 minutes ago, OmniXVII said:

Are we past the point of no return where DE will ignore this topic?

I would at least appreciate an official response on the matter as to why they haven't reverted this yet or why they are choosing to keep it the way it is.

Maybe they're still testing it, looking for a balance although it was fine the way it before the fix imo, but who knows.. just hv to wait it out n see..

23 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Slimm qp ReapeR said:

Maybe they're still testing it, looking for a balance although it was fine the way it before the fix imo, but who knows.. just hv to wait it out n see..

I'm just worried because the longer it takes for a fix to happen, the less vocal the community becomes and eventually the topic will just get swept under the rug.

The 'Nyx is Too Easy to Troll' thread has a link to Rebecca's Twitter from the 14th suggesting that we will be getting an update this week. I expect that with Pax, the upcoming big patch and the lack of one this week have all kept DE busy over the last week, hopefully explaining th silence.

13 minutes ago, Treebiter said:

The 'Nyx is Too Easy to Troll' thread has a link to Rebecca's Twitter from the 14th suggesting that we will be getting an update this week. I expect that with Pax, the upcoming big patch and the lack of one this week have all kept DE busy over the last week, hopefully explaining th silence.

That makes sense, ty. Still I'm super nervous my assimilate Nyx is ruined forever :sadcry:

Nyx was always awesome. Long before Assimilate she was one of the best Warframes for high level play. Her #4 always absorbed friendly fire. With Assimilate you can now walk out of the way of friendly fire. Isn't the bubble smaller as well? Harder to hit by accident? 

After few tests, two friends shooting at my bubble with simulors ( both fully upgraded, multi forma etc ) in my eff/duration build, the loss of energy was pretty managable, lost around 1/4 of energy for a good 10 seconds of intense shooting, still annoying to lose energy noneless since the dmg of the bubble are ridiculous.  On the other than, automatic weapons / shotguns, / heavy damages secondaries / Telos Boltaces are the bane of my existence.  I try to find a way to balance things out in my build but I'm not able to fix the energy loss with such weapons. I can't blame the miss fires, but if there's a troll in the game, I took the saddest habit of the game. Leaving the missions >.>

4 minutes ago, (PS4)SageHeed said:

With Assimilate you can now walk out of the way of friendly fire. Isn't the bubble smaller as well? Harder to hit by accident? 

Issues arise when you consider players who are malevolent or ignorant of Absorb's mechanics, people who use powerful AoE weaponry, and that all maneuvers are disabled and your walking speed is crippled. This renders it impossible to move out of the way of any hitscan and/or projectile weapons in time to avoid the additional, very high drain.

In solo play, Nyx remains fairly competent with 3 out of 4 scaling abilities, even though she lacks means of multi-target hard CC. Absorb's primary issue is that the damage output it has, quite frankly, sucks. There is never a reason to fire into that bubble when a single attack from a high-level AoE weapon will do at least 10x more damage, with a better type than Magnetic, and without damage falloff. Hence, people are frustrated that this mechanic was reinstated for Assimilate, which served primarily as a defensive ability over any form of offense.

When DE fixed the inconsistency between the base ability and the augment, people doing public games began to realize that their energy pool was plummeting faster than a Resonating Quake banshee, without a dedicated Energy Vampire Trinity attached to her to maintain that output. The culprit stems from people who A) directly troll others by accident or with malevolent intent, or B) people who fire VERY high damage weapons in the general vicinity of a Nyx.

In A's case, I have seen over 10 separate individuals within the past ~4 days who began attacking my Assimilate bubble whenever it was active, and many more who fired their secondaries into it while I was trying to revive them--even after being asked to stop. Others have used Telos Boltace or Atterax Maiming Strike-macro spam around the bubble in siphons and near defense points, resulting in very rapid drop as well in chunks of well over 10 energy every time, at a rate of over 1 slide attack a second. This surmounts to very, very high drain in a very short time and a pitiful return on investment in AoE damage output once the bubble is removed.

In B's case, I've been shot at with a Vaykor Hek, Kohm, and a Nova's Molecular Prime. The Vaykor Hek and Kohm both chopped off 14+ energy a shot, and the charged Antimatter Drop instantly removed 200 (!!!) energy. On releasing the bubble after being drained completely by the Nova, it didn't even affect 1/4th of the level ~36's  Napalm's health bar directly beside me. If 200 energy is only worth that little damage, I refuse to believe that there is any worth in attempting to treat Absorb/Assimilate Absorb as a damage-dealing ability, and charging it with allied fire while draining energy only serves as a detriment to your survivability.

--

As it stands, Nyx remains largely unchanged in solo play after the change, but she is incredibly risky to use for any pub game due to the progressive influx of very, very powerful AoE attacks over the game's lifespan not being accounted for in the ability's mechanics.

I believe it is unreasonable and unfair that a power becomes less desirable to use *while playing an MMO with other people*, rendered only safe in solo play. That is fundamentally not good design, and I stand by my belief that the allied fire should be ignored entirely in both base and augmented ability, as Nyx cannot restore energy while invincible, already takes significant drain from enemy fire, and is drastically limited in mobility in a game where many mission modes involve moving from one point of the map to another. The 'drain from allied fire' is a relic from when people could keep those bubbles up forever, and like Zephyr's skillset, is screaming for a rework.

13 minutes ago, Landpaddle said:

Issues arise when you consider players who are malevolent or ignorant of Absorb's mechanics, people who use powerful AoE weaponry, and that all maneuvers are disabled and your walking speed is crippled. This renders it impossible to move out of the way of any hitscan and/or projectile weapons in time to avoid the additional, very high drain.

You left out that Warframe abilities effect Nyx's Absorb/Assimulate also.  Any AoE ability that does damage will totally wreck Nyx's energy if in range. 

46 minutes ago, (PS4)SageHeed said:

Nyx was always awesome. Long before Assimilate she was one of the best Warframes for high level play. Her #4 always absorbed friendly fire. With Assimilate you can now walk out of the way of friendly fire. Isn't the bubble smaller as well? Harder to hit by accident? 

"WAS" is the keyword here. It's not on the top tier frames, neither among the mid tier. 

"walk out of the way", dude do you know how SLOW you move in assimilate? Little tip: slower than any bullet.

And no, nobody cares about avoiding your bubble if they just want to kill a mob, nobody will stop using aoe abilites or grenade launchers.

Yesterday i was helping two downed team mates and they drained me 450 energy. I was downed too, and i avoided helping allies for the rest of the game.

Tastes like good job to you? Balanced? Fair?

Defending this nerf is basically impossibile due to all the trouble it creates on so many instances of the game.

Edited by MadHatter42

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Pacifist just went to cert for console! This :poop: is happening, Fin wonderful. Means we won't get a proper fixs for months! Welp guess I'll be playing Andromida and Wildlands till they fix this "fix".

Don't panic my fellow Tenno.  You might only be getting 19.12 and not the 19.13. where the Nyx "fix" came in.

Edited by DatDarkOne
corrected for clarity

15 minutes ago, MadHatter42 said:

"WAS" is the keyword here. It's not on the top tier frames, neither among the mid tier. 

"walk out of the way", dude do you know how SLOW you move in assimilate? Little tip: slower than any bullet.

And no, nobody cares about avoiding your bubble if they just want to kill a mob, nobody will stop using aoe abilites or grenade launchers.

Yesterday i was helping two downed team mates and they drained me 450 energy. I was downed too, and i avoided helping allies for the rest of the game.

Tastes like good job to you? Balanced? Fair?

Defending this nerf is basically impossibile due to all the trouble it creates on so many instances of the game.

Nyx still is very much top tier. 

And I agree that downed teammates shouldn't be able to hit Assimilate while reviving, that's a terrible oversight.

3 hours ago, (PS4)SageHeed said:

Nyx still is very much top tier. 

And I agree that downed teammates shouldn't be able to hit Assimilate while reviving, that's a terrible oversight.

Nyx is by no means anywhere near top tier, she's just enjoyable to a small set of people who really liked where she was. If she was top tier, we'd actually see other Nyxes more often, and that's not something that happens. She's skirting the edge of the bottom of the usage charts as it is, and this 'fix' sure isn't helping.

7 minutes ago, hammerheathen said:

Valkyr says hi

I played both valkyr and nyx plenty before and after their nerfs, I wasn't a fan of valkyr's, but it was manageable and I adapted. How is going from 250 to 12 power in 2 seconds because of some sir-spams-alot type manageable?

2 minutes ago, KlutzMeister said:

I played both valkyr and nyx plenty before and after their nerfs, I wasn't a fan of valkyr's, but it was manageable and I adapted. How is going from 250 to 12 power in 2 seconds because of some sir-spams-alot type manageable?

Ya, agreed.

Valkyr's hurt, but could be dealt with to a degree.

This... this just sucks a lot of fun out of Nyx.

Ding-a-ling Simulor guy over there just siphoned my energy pool in no time flat without realizing it, and now i'm a squishy caster with no energy to back me up. 

(Or worse, he did it on purpose >_>)