The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enough with the Nitain DE.

Sword_Symphony

Bought a Vauban Prime Set today. 5 Nitain for each part? Seriously? Same brick wall on Nekros Prime. This resource is the absolute worst one you've ever implemented. 4 Alerts a day, you'll be lucky to be awake for 2 of them, god forbid you have to work. Can't even buy this stupid resource with platinum. 

Either put this resource in the Market as a purchase, or increase the number of alerts by like twofold, or make it farmable. You stack this stupid resource on damn near every new gun you put out. We get it, you want people to blow platinum on weapons in the Market. You could at least meet us half way and make the stupid resource purchasable. 

Or, you know, not put crap like this in the game in the first place. 

Maybe try calming down & realizing you care way too much about such a small problem. The alerts are around the same time each day, so you just need to find one you can get on. The content is not going anywhere any time soon. You have time to get Nitain, even if it is only 1 a day or 1 every other day or even a few on the weekends. It is not the best right now & can be better. Doubling the amount of alerts would be nice. However, yelling at the devs just because you can't make some time for something that I guess is just THIS important is not going to fix anything.

1 minute ago, p3z1 said:

Not agreeing on this. I play WF around 7:30-9:30, and I don't get them daily around that time.

They are for me. Daily log in rewards & reputation reset for 6PM for me & the Nitain alerts seem to show up around 3 & 9 (so 4 a day), give or take an hour. Like clockwork.

2 minutes ago, BuzzBomb8 said:

They are for me. Daily log in rewards & reputation reset for 6PM for me & the Nitain alerts seem to show up around 3 & 9 (so 4 a day), give or take an hour. Like clockwork.

That's about 12mn for me, which is between 9pm and 3am. Give or take an hour that's 8/10pm and 2/4am.

I play around 7:30-9:30, and I don't get it always.

Edited by p3z1

I'd like to point out that nitain is available from sorties, as well as a rare reward for getting all three caches in a reactor sabotage 2.0 mission.

And, yet again, the whole reason vauban PRIME requires so much nitain is because he's the primed version of vauban, which is an ALERT ONLY frame. DE wanted to keep the primed version of vauban as harder to obtain than the normal vauban. that's why they hid him behind such a big nitain wall.

Still haven't figured out their excuse behind amesha requiring so much nitain though. 

38 minutes ago, Sword_Symphony said:

Either put this resource in the Market as a purchase

Same response to you as the last time I responded to a thread like this:

"You probably wouldn't like the price. For example:

Consider the Ohma. The weapon sells for 200 platinum which is its "total finished value".  If you subtract the 20P for a potato, the 6P for a weapon slot, and the 35P to rush the build, then you're left the cost for the bare weapon without upgrades or QOL being 139P.   The only thing that's at all limited or hard to get on the Omha is the nitain.  It uses 4 of them.  Which means, in order to not completely defeat the purpose of the market and undercut sales from people who buy finished weapons for convenience, buyable nitain must cost at least 35 platinum each."

1. All resources short of argon are easy to amass and instantly make every new release gear. Nitain makes even vets put some effort. 

2. They are formable from void sabotage caches be it a rare drop. 

3. I haven't checked recently but every X alerts you get a nitain one. I think it's even 20-30 but forgot the exact number. If it still holds up, you can track them with the twitter alerts or something. Often they are in the same time window each day. 

4. New stuff needing nitain gets released so rarely there's often not weeks but months gap between them. The reason others here don't complain is that it's more than achievable to hoard nitain from casual play. 

5. Short of Ivara and Vauban, DE didn't make excessive nitain sinks. Those were annoying I admit. 

38 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

I'd like to point out that nitain is available from sorties, as well as a rare reward for getting all three caches in a reactor sabotage 2.0 mission.

And, yet again, the whole reason vauban PRIME requires so much nitain is because he's the primed version of vauban, which is an ALERT ONLY frame. DE wanted to keep the primed version of vauban as harder to obtain than the normal vauban. that's why they hid him behind such a big nitain wall.

Still haven't figured out their excuse behind amesha requiring so much nitain though. 

Nitain is not longer available from Sortie now. As for caches, the chance is quite low.
As for Prime frames, I suggested using normal frame as pre-requisite in crafting primed version as a form of progression.
Oh don't use lore as an excuse, it might be valid previously, but after Valkyr Prime, everything just seems to break.

Issue with Nitain Alerts are that they are time based, you have to be able to know that it popped up and be able to do it.
At least it doesn't expire like Argon too.
Nitain resource is not really that bad, unless DE increases the cost.

14 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

"Nitain alert on? nah. don't need it" *few weeks later* "I need Nitain? DE stahp!" :facepalm:

Some players like me, would already have ~100 of Nitains in reserve.
Just hope that there won't be new content/clan research that require thousands of it since "many" players already have them based on players stockpile.

Argon crystal is easy to farm too actually. Just run an exterminate mission in the void and bust open every crate and container- you're bound to find at least 2, at least that's been my experience. Same for neural sensors, except Jupiter.

As a stay at home layabout boyfriend, even farming Nitain Extract is easy for me.

I can understand how people with busy schedules wouldn't be able to get on whenever there's an alert though.

3 hours ago, Sword_Symphony said:

Bought a Vauban Prime Set today. 5 Nitain for each part? Seriously? Same brick wall on Nekros Prime. This resource is the absolute worst one you've ever implemented. 4 Alerts a day, you'll be lucky to be awake for 2 of them, god forbid you have to work. Can't even buy this stupid resource with platinum. 

Either put this resource in the Market as a purchase, or increase the number of alerts by like twofold, or make it farmable. You stack this stupid resource on damn near every new gun you put out. We get it, you want people to blow platinum on weapons in the Market. You could at least meet us half way and make the stupid resource purchasable. 

Or, you know, not put crap like this in the game in the first place. 

I have 120 nitain sitting in my inventory

How? Play smart

45 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

I have 120 nitain sitting in my inventory

How? Play smart

I bet you are mr 22/23 with almost full armory ... Play smart .. yea right when you dont need them ofc they stack pile on.... but its not like that for '' new-er'' players.

Edited by Oedon

I don't like Nitain since it's time gated. Ie, the only thing that limits my ability to get it is not my gaming ability, gaming skill, mastery level or loadout or endurance, it's simply being at the right time and the right place. Ie, it's a lottery resource which quite honestly is bad for us that have demanding IRL lives that give us very little time to play. I'm very efficient when I play, but no efficiency in the world can make up for a resource that randomly shows up four times a day when I have maybe or or two hours of said day to get it.

I would have no problem if it was a very rare thing to get, but this time-gate event crud needs to go.

I've only been playing 55 days, give or take, but i really don't see what your point is. I may be putting off building nekros and vauban prime (which I had both sets for), but stockpiling nitain I easy if you get to the alerts?

If you don't have time, no matter. You can always wait to build the frame while using others instead. Instead of focusing on trying to build vauban, go do something else in the meanwhile until you can.

Because changing nitain drops will change an experience for newer players as well. You let the timer go, you let it drop or be sold, that'll cause more problems, and your title would be "this reaource costs too mxuch platinum".

And to whoever said it would cost a minimum of 35-45 plat, the market in-game is over priced . Expect a price much higher than that.

Edited by OathOfRuin

Nitain has been around for 1 year and 3 months.  Longtime players should be drowning in this stuff by now.

Newer players have plenty of older content to progress through before starting with Nitain-based crafting. Focus on that first, by the time you reach Nitain territory, you will have acquired enough. There is nothing made from Nitain that you need right-now-now which can't be substituted by something else not made from Nitain.

I kinda understand the concern for Nitain on new player progression but if you've been playing a while I don't see a reason to complain about it.

It's purpose to time gate progression is a little confusing compared to normal F2P practice though since it's not available in the market.