Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE, Please do not make the Supra Vandal as 'bad' as the Ignis Wraith

Dresden_

8 hours ago, Dresden_ said:

Oh brother, let's be real, kids.  It's a 7% increase to crit chance, and a 5% increase to status chance.  That's barely an improvement.  The decrease to Heat damage is so negligible, I don't even consider it.  And the magazine size has never been an obstacle for this weapon to begin with.  Compare that to, say, the Dera...  "Twice the CRIT!", 33% more Crit damage, 33% bigger magazine size, 50% higher status chance, and ~50% more base damage.  THAT'S something to celebrate.  It took a lackluster weapon and made it usable.  The ignis has never been lackluster, and perhaps therein lies the problem.  Buffing it too much could make it OP, which is why we ended up with an almost pointless addition to our arsenals.  The Supra is a good weapon, and now we're possibly facing the exact same scenario.  I don't want to see another mismanaged, ill-conceived grindfest for what ultimately amounts to another pointless addition to the arsenal.

Lol, are you high or something?

You are saying crit chance from 5% to 12% is bad, but from 2.5% to 5% is awesome?

4 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

"Dear De, can you ruin the game with more powercreep please ? Because I don't want to use my fingers/brain on a video game, I'd rather wait for the loot while I don't understand how to mod a weapon, please"

I don't know what game are you playing, but Warframe is pretty much *made of* powercreep with fashionframe topping. 

A sidegrade to a sub-par weapon is automatically a piece of mastery fodder garbage and it doesn't matter if it's a Wraith, Vandal or Prime. Especially since Supra has been the red-headed stepchild all along with. Vandal version better be a MASSIVE upgrade over the regular one, unless DE wants it gathering dust from day one. 

13 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

I don't know what game are you playing, but Warframe is pretty much *made of* powercreep with fashionframe topping. 

A sidegrade to a sub-par weapon is automatically a piece of mastery fodder garbage and it doesn't matter if it's a Wraith, Vandal or Prime. Especially since Supra has been the red-headed stepchild all along with. Vandal version better be a MASSIVE upgrade over the regular one, unless DE wants it gathering dust from day one. 

Since when Ignis was a sub-par weapon ? 100% status, huge range.

Supra have some pretty legit builds too.

And I'm actually playing Warframe, yeah playing. And imo those powercreeps are made for lazy/meh players. It makes the old weapon as a MR fodder since the new one is better, and in most cases the weapon lose all the fun/gameplay behind it. Look at the cancerulor, this sht was made as high status/cc AoE weapon, but people just want the big numbers. And thanks to them one of my favorite weapon concept is taking dust because the upgrade is so OP that it's not even fun anymore. (Ask yourself when was the last time you saw someone using it's alt fire, and you should understand my point :clem: )

Supra Vandal, huh?

I hope it deals a ton of damage... While bucking like 7 ornery mules on each trigger pull (Why would an energy weapon have recoil? It wants to kill you.), while also having mis-fires and random explosions that deal random (but high) amounts of self damage.

And sparks...Sparks would be nice.

2 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

Lol, are you high or something?

You are saying crit chance from 5% to 12% is bad, but from 2.5% to 5% is awesome?

He was being sarcastic.
His point was to make fun of all the folks praising Ignis Wraith's doubled crit chance, by pointing out that the Dera Vandal (which did the same) is still a godawful crit weapon.

That being said, his point kinda falls into shambles when you realize that the Ignis Wraith is genuinely crit-viable but the Ignis isn't.

10 hours ago, ComCray said:

Y'all forgetting the new sound... that absolutely makes this weapon for me.. in absolutely SOUNDS more awesome...

srsly? ._.  the thing i hate the MOST in ignis wraith is the sound. It sounds like an aerosol deodorant . Not like normal ignis that sounds actually like flames roasting stuff. 

4 minutes ago, AntoninDvorak said:

srsly? ._.  the thing i hate the MOST in ignis wraith is the sound. It sounds like an aerosol deodorant . Not like normal ignis that sounds actually like flames roasting stuff. 

It sounds like a real flame thrower, it's just 400ish psi of compressed air so yes it just wooshes, it's not like the movies where it is a deafening roar.

Edited by SilvaDreams

Ignis: 27 base damage/shot, 5% crit chance, 2x crit multiplier for an average of 28.35 damage/shot when crits are taken into account.

Ignis Wraith: 25 base damage/shot, 12% crit chance, 2x crit multiplier for an average of 30.24 damage/shot when crits are taken into account.

This is without any mods whatsoever. If you build the ignis wraith in exactly the same way as the ignis, you're going to do 1.06x as much damage. The wraith has a nice QoL buff with its increased magazine capacity, and an improvement to status chance helps it for obvious reasons.

It's not a downgrade, it is a flat upgrade. The magnitude of the upgrade might not be high, but it *is* an upgrade.

9 hours ago, Ker-Blammo said:

Is the Supra vandal confirmed, or is it just going off the datamine? Because we still haven't gotten our Mara Penta and prisma orthos that were datamined a few years back. :p

My point exactly. Not confirmed. Pointless thread is pointless.

20 hours ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

25 from 30, It may not seem like a big change,but thrust me it is,i can reach 100% status chance and unless other weapons like isgnis,it is worth,crit chance from 5 to 12,put the standard mod for crit chance and you get around 32%.

these are little improvements for the ignis,not so drastic,but they help a lot ,and all of this at the expense of 2 damage points(i forgot increased magazine),now you can build the ignis in other ways,not only full damage.

i was lucky and i found a riven that gives me 130% chance by the way

It's not a matter of status %, it's a matter of stupid status/sec mechanic. Seriously, take Braton Prime (20% status) and Flux Rifle and see how oftn both will proc. Even though Flux has better status % Braton Prime will beat it because it can potentially proc every single bullet while Flux can't proc every tick.

Base crit chance lower than 20% is not worth crit build if multiplier isn't high. I know what I'm saying, I've spent plenty of time with Latron Prime. Before I got riven mod for it it wasn't critting consistently enough even though it has 2.5x crit multiplier.

And most people will likely get some pathetic +60% crit chance, not 130%.

1 hour ago, Slaviar said:

It's not a matter of status %, it's a matter of stupid status/sec mechanic. Seriously, take Braton Prime (20% status) and Flux Rifle and see how oftn both will proc. Even though Flux has better status % Braton Prime will beat it because it can potentially proc every single bullet while Flux can't proc every tick.

Base crit chance lower than 20% is not worth crit build if multiplier isn't high. I know what I'm saying, I've spent plenty of time with Latron Prime. Before I got riven mod for it it wasn't critting consistently enough even though it has 2.5x crit multiplier.

And most people will likely get some pathetic +60% crit chance, not 130%.

well, i'll agree with you,status/sec mechanic on weapons like ignis should be reworked.

1 hour ago, Efro_D_Siac said:

It's about to be a thick minute before we see another event for a weapon but supra vandal, I'm feelin it.

Not counting the high possibility of the "anniversary event" they might be running this year to get the Dex weapons. =p