Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you kill Vay Hek in a sortie 3 with elemental enhancement?

Antiphoton

I love sorties, they are my favorite part of the game, and today I did them for the first time since December. I almost always solo them, and today was no exception, even after seeing the conditions of the 3rd one. However, I feel kinda bad because every time I see Vay Hek in a sortie 3, I always cheese him in the same way: perma invisible Ivara + a well modded primary to fuel her Artemis Bow. I just find a spot where he won't shoot by chance, and wait a looong time for the openings of his weak spot. I have no issues dealing with any of the other bosses in the game without invisibility, but Vay Hek is so annoying that I don't even want to try it with a different loadout.

So, I'm curious. How do you deal with it? Is it one of those sorties that you only want to face with a full squad? Do you solo it without invisibility? I once heard someone say that Mesa's Peacemaker is good against him, but as all the shots from that ability go to the central area of the enemy models, I don't know if it can hit Hek in his weak spots.

"How do you kill Vay Hek in a sortie 3 with elemental enhancement?"

You Eleminated him :V

Jokes apart. You can have a Mag in the team keeping him Magnetized to prevent his shots from reaching you and your allies. Try using weapons with strong physical damage and Crit builds.

11 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

You can have a Mag in the team keeping him Magnetized to prevent his shots from reaching you and your allies. Try using weapons with strong physical damage and Crit builds.

Mag's a good choice for a regular Hek but not the sortie Hek. Diminishing returns for abilities on bosses mean that from third cast onwards bubble will last 1 or 2 seconds, Mag will have to do nothing but cast 2 on him and it will still be useless. For regular Hek the time you get is enough to make a meaningful impact but sortie Hek is too spongy.

Nova seems like the only viable option in this case.

Since when this S#&$ty boss can control the player? After a long fight, it controlled me and my buddy a couple of times until it bugged us. There was nothing else to do but to just stand there bugged, not being able to move or shoot.

VayHek has a stupid hitbox/animation, it moves like a burning squirrel, it can heal itself and now controls and bugs the player? Thats a big "nope" for this sortie. Im up for a good and hard fight, but when it comes whit bugs.... 

Bugframe did it again!

BTW: I was using rhino and it tooked away my energy tho I had iron skin.

Edited by Espuma_Lesbica

25 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Mag's a good choice for a regular Hek but not the sortie Hek. Diminishing returns for abilities on bosses mean that from third cast onwards bubble will last 1 or 2 seconds, Mag will have to do nothing but cast 2 on him and it will still be useless. For regular Hek the time you get is enough to make a meaningful impact but sortie Hek is too spongy.

Nova seems like the only viable option in this case.

Odd you saying that because i kill Vay Hek on Sorties all the times with Mag and diminishing return only afects 2 out of 3 casts i do. When he changes into hyper mega chicken mode i insta kill him with Magnetize + Vaykor Hek shots.

52 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Odd you saying that because i kill Vay Hek on Sorties all the times with Mag and diminishing return only afects 2 out of 3 casts i do. When he changes into hyper mega chicken mode i insta kill him with Magnetize + Vaykor Hek shots.

53 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Vaykor Hek

Because you're probably at that level where you can pick sub-optimal choices in your loadouts, because even if you pick the wrong frame your weapons/mods will carry you anyway. 

To solo it I bring good ol' Limbo. If he's gonna be invincible on his terms then I'll level the field, and add extra damage for when the weak spots are open. Once you get the timing of when to banish him it becomes ez.

Strip his armor with a corrosive weapon, kill him with a puncture weapon.

Use an Ancient Healer specter for 90% damage reduction and immunity to his disruption beam.

I solo'd him on Banshee. Stripped armor with Boar Prime, killed him with Lex Prime. Stood in the Ancient Healers aura and just face tanked him the whole time.

Took like, 5 minutes? No restores or deaths.

Edited by Voidforged

3 squadmates with accurate weapons for the required headshot phase of the battle, and myself with an Opticor that's fully forma'd, decked out, and has a riven on it that makes it oneshot his turkey mode. For frames, either lots of stealth or lots of tank. Ivara, Loki, Chroma, stuff like that.

4 hours ago, Antiphoton said:

I love sorties, they are my favorite part of the game, and today I did them for the first time since December. I almost always solo them, and today was no exception, even after seeing the conditions of the 3rd one. However, I feel kinda bad because every time I see Vay Hek in a sortie 3, I always cheese him in the same way: perma invisible Ivara + a well modded primary to fuel her Artemis Bow. I just find a spot where he won't shoot by chance, and wait a looong time for the openings of his weak spot. I have no issues dealing with any of the other bosses in the game without invisibility, but Vay Hek is so annoying that I don't even want to try it with a different loadout.

So, I'm curious. How do you deal with it? Is it one of those sorties that you only want to face with a full squad? Do you solo it without invisibility? I once heard someone say that Mesa's Peacemaker is good against him, but as all the shots from that ability go to the central area of the enemy models, I don't know if it can hit Hek in his weak spots.

We were a team of 3

Trinity, loki and frost

I had the quanta with 8.5k dmg of corrosive and magnetic, a kulstar with 20k blast

mission done in less than 5 min

1 hour ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Seeking shuriken ash with 145 power str for 100% armor strip, around 100% power duration for invis (not really needed but eh, it'd be better) and a good slash weapon. Shreded his chicken as s 

I was thinking the same thing, however it didn't work at all.  I don't know if it was bugged, but I spent a half hour and there was literally about 1/20th of damage taken away.   And on top of that Gas/Elec zenistar was criting pretty big numbers.   Finally just had to abort.

Edit:   It was totally bugged.   Did it again and was stripping armour and taking damage.  Unfortunately Vay Hek decided to go leave the mission.   Sure wish DE could get the basics right.   I mean fighting a boss enemy and it leaving the mission?   What a joke.

Edited by Ranchpig

4 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Mesa with a Corrosive-based secondary always works for me.
She's my go-to gal for hardcore Sortie bosses.

You know, that's my usual answer to Hek. But for some reason this sortie Hek was stupid broken. Even solo tested and he only went vulnerable like twice for less thana second. Couldn't even get peacemaker on his &#!. Not sure what the F*** they did with his AI. Usually have no trouble, I've done Hek dozens of times and sortie hek at least twice with little to no problems. This time he just ended up jerking around all day. Even bringing the biggest guns I had would be useless if the game never actually lets me shoot him.