Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Forma isnt enough

tehrat

2 minutes ago, tehrat said:

your point has been made many times in this thread.

So basically any amount of real life money you invest in Warframe, DE can one come along and remove it and replace with an single forma?

GOOD KNOW DE =)

That's how is in online games. You have to accept with wether you like it or not.  They have the right to buff or nerf everything that they want in order to keep their vision of the game intact. 

Plus, Tonkor's nerf has been awaited for years, not a few days or a few weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Lots of newcomers will follow my advice and blindly (they shouldn't, of course) potato the Tonkor or Simulor.

are you actually recommending meta builds and weapons to newcomers ?

how about you tell them to try the Furis or the Bolto (just two random examples)
gift them the augment for it and they have an amazing weapon that will really help them
and trust me these two wont get nerved anytime soon
but both can be viable even in higher level missions

but recommending meta stuff to newcomers is kinda duchy
get of your high horse and start to really help them

17 minutes ago, Weidro said:

oh boy that escalated quickly
why are you suddenly insulting this poor guy?
you might want to read my post again without switching the order of my words

i don't think you are contributing much to warframe considering that a few forma are a problem for you

To be honest as well, the tonkor only got slightly nerfed in the capacity of crit chance. Self damage isn't TECHNICALLY a nerf as well. All the rest of the weapons got buff. I'm gunna get like, 8 forma from weapons already full forma'd, and they just plan got better. 

14 minutes ago, tehrat said:

Not surprised that people live in WF congratz bro... this is about new players... bro

So, DE's 'reimbursement', which is meant for long time players who invested into these weapons on builds, upsets you as a new player when nothing is changing about how you should build the ONE weapon you have? Like I said above, these weapons behave basically the same way they did before; hell, not a single one should even NEED a forma after their tweaks, but DE's gunna give it to us anyways, and here you are whining. If something this tiny upsets you, mayne you shouldn't be playing WF. 

Just now, Weidro said:

are you actually recommending meta builds and weapons to newcomers ?

how about you tell them to try the Furis or the Bolto (just two random examples)
gift them the augment for it and they have an amazing weapon that will really help them
and trust me these two wont get nerved anytime soon
but both can be viable even in higher level missions

but recommending meta stuff to newcomers is kinda duchy
get of your high horse and start to really help them

the first thing a new player does in an space ninja fps rpg mmo is ..... GONA GOOGLE THE BEST BUILDS

Edited by tehrat

How about refund plats equal to the cost of potatoes and formas?

Let players judge by themselves whether they still want to invest in nerfed weapons or not. 

Oh, I forgot they stopped being fair since the stealth price tag on archwing slots. 

Edited by Volinus7

1 minute ago, Volinus7 said:

How about refund plats equal to the cost of potatoes and formas?

Oh, I forgot they stopped being fair since the stealth price tag on archwing slots. 

Why would they in first place? People got their money's worth out of them in the last 2 years. 

44 minutes ago, tehrat said:

Ive returned to WF after a long break to see many awesome changes. It inspired me to play and now im hooked, moving on. Everyone of these weapons about to be "rebalanced' aka nerfed are all weapons you'd find on Youtubes WF Guides that help new players with their gear. I dont own lower tier weaponry, all my time,credits,formas and plats went into all of these weapons getting nerfed.

So DE, one Forma simply means nothing to my broken heart

you get 3 forma per weapon nerfed, not one, it says a foma bundle in the patch notes.

7 minutes ago, tehrat said:

So basically any amount of real life money you invest in Warframe, DE can one come along and remove it and replace with an single forma?

GOOD KNOW DE =)

Honeslty, even if we consider the weapon will become useless (it's totally wrong but let's imagine), the 7-8 forma + potatoe you used still worth compared to the time you gained  by cheesing the game with the said weapon.
So, they can also give you nothing because you had enough beneficied from the weapon with the game facilities you had with it since you used it.

Just now, aligatorno said:

Why would they in first place? People got their money's worth out of them in the last 2 years. 

False assumption that everyone has played for two years. 

Are we gonna compare fun with money? Sure DE have fun sitting on $30 million gross profit, meanwhile players are slapping each other over a poorly balanced game.

5 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

False assumption that everyone has played for two years. 

Are we gonna compare fun with money? Sure DE have fun sitting on $30 million gross profit, meanwhile players are slapping each other over a poorly balanced game.

I wasn't implying that everyone used them for two years, if my words meant that then I`m sorry for the misunderstanding. What I was trying to say with that sentence is that this wasn't a nerf to a newly released weapon that had good stats to attract buyers who gets nerfed a week later. The weapons were in the game for a very long time, a lot of players got their investment's worth of of them, as for new players, unfortunately that's how it is when it comes to online games. 

Edited by aligatorno

You people could literally CHEESE game content for so long and now u complain? Imho we shouldnt get Anything, those weapons ruined the gameplay and that was not the way the game is intented to be played. People abused this S#&$ for far too long. And we all knew the nerf will eventually come.

This is a case in point for entitlement, yes one forma per weapon is enough. Heck, any "compensation" for a downgrade is more than enough. In my opinion they shouldn't be giving anything for a stat change, it's part of the course. Weapon/Warframe power balancing happens, we deal with it.

Both the Tonkor and Telos Boltace are my go-to weapons for high level enemies and even so I think they're due a nerf, a very welcome one.

3 hours ago, tehrat said:

GOOD KNOW DE =)

Ironically enough, YOU agreed for them to do it when you pressed the "I agree" button on end user license agreement (which Im pretty sure you didn't read before agreeing lol), before playing the game

3 hours ago, tehrat said:

GOOD KNOW DE =)

The game is in beta so I don't see why people act surprised. I know it's an excuse that DE can pull out when it's convenient for them but in this case I totally understand and expect reworks,buffs or nerfs like this.

Edited by RoninJed

5 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

The game is in beta so I don't see why people act surprised. I know it's an excuse that DE can pull out when it's convenient for them but in this case I totally understand and expect reworks,buffs or nerfs like this.

Because they are in denial that the game is in beta and still heavily in development.

13 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

Most players refuse to believe that the game is still in beta because; it has a market feature, it sells PA's, and other asinine things.

Personally, the game still has the beta tag (albeit hard to find for some reason) we still have to agree to a beta user agreement to even play, and there is no way this game is finished.

My thing is, putting forma or a tater on anything is a choice. A choice YOU made regardless of the reasons. Things get rebalanced, that is life. Tis nothing new in the least. It has happened and will continue to happen. Even more so when you look at the weapons in question. The weapons in question getting the hammer swung at them have been in the spotlight for some time now. Whether you thought they would be touched or not doesn't change the volatile spot they were in. Even with the changes you make it seem like the weapons are now completely useless. 

In all honesty since this is something that happens in just about ALL games that have any real support, your lucky you get anything at all. Can understand the frustration but in the end you make the choice to put work into something that can possibly change.

4 hours ago, Weidro said:

you could try to rip out your broken heart and get rid of it
just don't take it literaly

seriously if you follow the big brainless masses and copy some mediocre builds from youtubers its your own fault
just make your own builds for your own weapons
feel free to take this as an invitation to try out new stuff and to think out of the so called meta

This I love and agree with. 

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Look at it this way. You lucky DE is even giving u anything. A forma (for each forma'd weapon that has been nerfed) and a booster.

They couldve have just got on with the nerf and gave you nothing.

And this too. 

All this salt since the announcement has been so enjoyable for me.  I normally don't enjoy it as much, but this time is just so satisfying.  :D

4 hours ago, tehrat said:

GOOD KNOW DE =)

That was pretty obvious when you agreed to it. 

You literally agreed to it, and now you cry about it.

1 per weapon is weak.

I would prefer they strip ALL the forma & catalyst's of my weapons and return them to my inventory.

But really..... there not going to do anything more they could care less how much time/money people have invested into there game.

I would prefer the full refund or nothing I don't want you 1 per weapon welfare handout.