Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new UI

iwoply

I agree on the hud/menu and stuff being too huge, as already mentioned by many others.

But did they also lower FoV? I don't feel like i was that close to my warframe before, it even cuts of some of my shoulder armor at the edge of screen (still playing with 1920x1080 res). A FoV scale option would be really nice, too.

Edited by Crescendium

I would be overjoyed to see this change rolled back until it's looked at again and done properly. Blurry, gigantic icons and menus are an eyesore on an otherwise beautiful game. Especially with some of the other UI additions/upgrades that are a home run. DE, please fix this ASAP.

urgh, I don't mind certain elements being larger, but at least adjust the resolution of those elements so they don't look badly upscaled. I am only playing at 1080p, I don't even want to know what this looks at higher resolutions...

My Hud scale is fine but the menus are massive, they overlap, they are blurry and it just makes me feel nauseous, this needs to be fixxed the game is almost unplayable.

We should have a menu scale slider.

Edited by kusaku

2 minutes ago, MogTheMagnificent said:

Also have an issue with the size of these UI fonts. please fix this at once before all other hotfixes. It is Disgusting you chose to change this without consulting your playerbase first. dont do it again please.

They consulted us i just did not expect this result.

So I've been playing for a while, and after this new update, a lot of the stuff for me got upscaled, which isn't too big of an issue for me, and I will continue to play the game, it seems to have made several menu items look more blurry than the should, as the feathering done got upscaled as well without anything done to it. Personally, I'd like to have the option somewhere to swap back to the old hud system, as even if I could downscale my hud, it wouldn't be good as the health bar and other items didn't get upscaled in this update as well as the other stuff. If nothing happens, it really doesn't matter, as the other quality of life features in the update more than make up for it, and I will almost certainly keep playing the game, it's just a small gripe I have.

So first, the Text on certain missions just looks horrible. I shouldn't be able to count the pixels when I use 1920x1080 Resoltuion and it should not look like I play on 800x600 (open the image in fullscreen to see exactly what I mean). Example:

Zfea283.jpg

But the more frustrating Issue, the Text and Menus do not scale correctly. For example in the Focus Screen the discription of the Powers gets cut off. Examples:

OqQBKaF.jpg

TFt1a3p.jpg

SvfWyOT.jpg

As you can see I can't read the description of Hades Touch (or any of the bottom Powers) at all and the ones on the side get cut off aswell.

So DE please revert the changes to the UI until you found a way for it to work correctly. Not many of us use 4K and the majority should not have to deal with such Issues just because the Ui was a bit too tiny for 4k users.

Edited by Evers

59 minutes ago, SLIMJIMMONSTER said:

Im sorry but how many people are using 4k monitors in warframe? Majority? This UI makes the menus look like they are made on source engine. Why force this UI on players without being able to deny the new UI. 

Because it was an issue beyond any 1920x1080 resolution. The UI was basically 1600x900, so you can imagine 1440p, 1620p and 4K. I tried them all. It was a hassle.

Consoles are a thing too, and both of the platforms Warframe is available on are pushing for 4K.

So trying to deny an actual improvement to a number of players when it should not have a terrible effect on the rest of us is... Well. The issue here is not how many 4K users are, the issue here is how this was tackled -- not because it's a bad job, but because any screenshot during development, anyone having their hands on it, ANYTHING would have helped a lot to improve it before it shipped.

There is no reason what-so-ever at the higher resolutions that you should need to pan around the focus trees to reed and see all of the nodes properly at the higher resolution.
The only tree that should require panning is the Unairu due to its vertical layout, nothing else has any excuses what-so-ever.

DE just go way overzealous in the "Lets make everything in the UI super aggressively scale so that players can't tell if they are in 4K, 1080p, or 900p, or even 800x600 due to how cramped the UI will be without any open space in it at all!"

1 hour ago, SLIMJIMMONSTER said:

Im sorry but how many people are using 4k monitors in warframe? Majority? This UI makes the menus look like they are made on source engine. Why force this UI on players without being able to deny the new UI. 

I'm running a 1440p monitor.

I've downscaled to 1080p because 144hz is definitely better for my eyes than any potential 4k.

This game can -likely- run in 4k/60fps but that crowd is definitely EXTREMELY small, if even I'm an outlier with my specs.

I actively can not play the game in this state without eye strain and feeling nauseous.

Really unpleasant to look at right now, you need to re-evaluate the scaling here. At 1080p the UI elements are far to large and text in particular is looking very soft. It's using too much screen estate. I expect this kind of thing from console games, you need to scale up for a TV, not for a monitor.

So far even with the slider for the HUD at the lowest value of 100, it's still abysmally and horrendously large for me (1920x1080). You guys at DE need to set up the launcher for WF to select what resolution we have as our screens instead of ingame, as half of the crap adjusted by changing resolution though the in-game option menu takes a full reset and reload of WF to adjust. Poor planning on your part.

Why can't we just move the UI scale below 100? - UI is such a subjective element to a user experience but it does seem that in this patch something as gone a miss, at 1080p some elements are taking up the entire screen like I am on 800x600.