The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Full account resets once Beta is over?

Zepp_

14 hours ago, Zepp_ said:

It sounds like this idea is not as fun for the community as I thought it would be.  Maybe I just like the idea of starting fresh, I suppose.  Oh well, maybe in that case they will have an optional reset like many have suggested.  I would be okay with that.

https://www.warframe.com/news/optional-reset-now-available

It was already done. Its not likely to happen again.

nah never going to happen tho i would like it (yes i know blah blah excalibur blah prime blah) and other stuff

thing that iritates me the most is EXP difference between free players and people who got weapons once they supported the game from the begining.

Why cant we have same EXP its not like its hard to lvl up stuff.

18 hours ago, Zepp_ said:

I've been thinking a lot about this, and once Warframe leaves Beta I think there is a really good chance they will reset everyone's account back to zero and refund all spent plat to your account so everyone can start fresh.

Lots of games have done this, and it would make sense is Warframe did it, too.

I am looking forward to doing the Star Chart from scratch as intended after the most recent Star Chart update.  I've always been bummed that I missed out on that by having it all unlocked.  I am also looking forward to collecting all the frames again.  I like the collection process.

Which part are you most looking forward to?

They way you're experiencing Warframe now is how the game will continue to be until DE turn the servers off.

It's a perpetual beta game.  Always changing.  Experience Warframe's content at the risk of your time and/or money.

The game's status will never change from what it is now.  It'll never, "leave beta".

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG
edited for clarity

18 hours ago, Zepp_ said:

I am looking forward to doing the Star Chart from scratch as intended after the most recent Star Chart update.  I've always been bummed that I missed out on that by having it all unlocked.  I am also looking forward to collecting all the frames again.  I like the collection process.

Being able to unlock the junctions after the update was sufficient for me. Also, I started helping a friend that started after the update. You could do this to, find a new player, choose a frame/weapons you don't normally use, limit your mods for whatever challenge you want...

Collecting everything again would not be the least bit fun, it's also more difficult/impossible now that so many things are vaulted. You would miss out on event weapons too. No thanks. I'd rather do something completely new...

I think OP never played a game that has regular updates, the best example I could give is Artix Entertainment, they release new content every week. So warframe will die if the game loses its player base or DE ends The IP.

As for me I think DE has a valuable jewel on their hands that they won't need to end any time soon, We have just made our first step into the lore and world, The potential and mechanics in warframe make it an omnipotent game, anything can fly as long as it makes sense. Like we have some crazy and very out there weapons xD

19 hours ago, Zepp_ said:

I've been thinking a lot about this, and once Warframe leaves Beta I think there is a really good chance they will reset everyone's account back to zero and refund all spent plat to your account so everyone can start fresh.

Name 1 game that reset all things when finish a Beta of 4 years (spoiler ... it's not exist ) ... the game it's not in Beta , it's just a tittle .

16 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Actually warframe is close to being out of Beta, they had stated before that once we achieve mastery rank 30 then the game is officially out of beta, its not that far away now, people can get MR 23.

There was a wall glitch in the Simaris room in the relay that showed the practice tests going higher than 30.

MR 30 may not be the ceiling.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

There was a wall glitch in the Simaris room in the relay that showed the practice tests going higher than 30.

MR 30 may not be the ceiling.

Wouldn't matter how many, just how to get there.  DE can't keep banking on new weapons and frames.  We'll be looking at a thousand weapons and over 100 frames (and those are probably lowball numbers) before anyone reaches MR30.

The MR system is something of a joke at this point.  It's meant to gate some of the more powerful equipment, except what actually gets gated may as well be random.  It encourages people to just grind through weapons they don't care to ever use to get to those few weapons locked behind an MR gate.  Finally, it gives DE an excuse to create throw away weapons.  This in itself wouldn't be so bad except, for one example, there isn't anything else in Warframe quite like the Lato... but there is no actual replacement for the Lato.

Edited by Littleman88

15 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

Wouldn't matter how many, just how to get there.  DE can't keep banking on new weapons and frames.  We'll be looking at a thousand weapons and over 100 frames (and those are probably lowball numbers) before anyone reaches MR30.

The MR system is something of a joke at this point.  It's meant to gate some of the more powerful equipment, except what actually gets gated may as well be random.  It encourages people to just grind through weapons they don't care to ever use to get to those few weapons locked behind an MR gate.  Finally, it gives DE an excuse to create throw away weapons.  This in itself wouldn't be so bad except, for one example, there isn't anything else in Warframe quite like the Lato... but there is no actual replacement for the Lato.

What's the joke about it? It's simply a ranking based on how much of the content you've gone through. It doesn't really promise to be anything more than that. The game is about grind, and MR fits that theme. A major theme of the game is running through weapons, and finding ones you like.

18 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What's the joke about it? It's simply a ranking based on how much of the content you've gone through. It doesn't really promise to be anything more than that. The game is about grind, and MR fits that theme. A major theme of the game is running through weapons, and finding ones you like.

The joke is that it's not really encouraging that.  At all.

One can rank weapons just having them equipped - not held, just equipped - and standing next to some buddies while they obliterate things.  There's some MR in running the star chart, but the bulk of it comes from grinding "mastery fodder" from 0 to 30.  Even Warframe's can essentially be "skipped" with the user never once activating a power (I'm living proof of that one.)  The mastery rank of items has never been a guarantee as to its power, nor to One's actual experience with the game and its items.  Ranking something up in Warframe takes about as much effort as typing in One's password to log in, and even less hands on experience.

Finally, ranking up mastery rank solely through leveling equipment is a doomed approach because as the exp requirements ramp up.  It takes exponentially more equipment ranked to 30 just to rank up once more in mastery rank.  It will get to the point of absurdity.  Warframe doesn't need 1000 "unique" weapons, it should be looking into other means for One to increase their mastery rank.  Preferably a means that won't let a player simply have some awful tin can magnetized to their back and feeding it proxy exp just to get it out of the way so they can go back to their flavor of the month kill-everything-now gun.

Edited by Littleman88

Warframe being in beta is more of a long running gag really.  Its not like other games, the way the game is now is how it was always intended to be.  That being a constantly upgraded constantly in development model.  When development stops upgrades stop when that happens the game will be dead.

1 hour ago, Littleman88 said:

The joke is that it's not really encouraging that.  At all.

One can rank weapons just having them equipped - not held, just equipped - and standing next to some buddies while they obliterate things.  There's some MR in running the star chart, but the bulk of it comes from grinding "mastery fodder" from 0 to 30.  Even Warframe's can essentially be "skipped" with the user never once activating a power (I'm living proof of that one.)  The mastery rank of items has never been a guarantee as to its power, nor to One's actual experience with the game and its items.  Ranking something up in Warframe takes about as much effort as typing in One's password to log in, and even less hands on experience.

Finally, ranking up mastery rank solely through leveling equipment is a doomed approach because as the exp requirements ramp up, it takes exponentially more equipment ranked to 30 just to rank up once more in mastery rank.  It will get to the point of absurdity.  Warframe doesn't need 1000 "unique" weapons, it should be looking into other means for One to increase their mastery rank.  Preferably a means that won't let a player simply have some awful tin can magnetized to their back and feeding it proxy exp just to get it out of the way so they can go back to their flavor of the month kill-everything-now gun.

I find it refreshing compared to just grinding enemies like in most other games

Edited by Hypernaut1

3 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

Actually warframe is close to being out of Beta, they had stated before that once we achieve mastery rank 30 then the game is officially out of beta, its not that far away now, people can get MR 23.

At the rate they are releasing content it will be years before anyone can get close to MR30. And if the game is still successful at that point, I guarantee you they will just add more mastery ranks to the game. 

On 4.04.2017 at 11:52 PM, Zepp_ said:

...once Warframe leaves Beta...

In about ten years.

What will happen sooner, valve release HL3 or WF leave beta stage? ;).

Edited by peger

Warframe will never leave beta, not in any tangible sense. The "beta" word might slowly vanish from wherever it shows up (frankly, I don't even recall seeing it anywhere), but otherwise, this is the game. We're playing the finished product, it's just updates/bugfixes/DLC from here on out. 

"Beta" is just a CYA disclaimer to protect DE. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

On 4/4/2017 at 5:52 PM, Zepp_ said:

I do believe that they've said in a previous Devstream that A) they're never leaving beta and B) they're never going to account reset.