Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Limbo Revisited Feedback Megathread

(XBOX)ZeroMKIX

Not everyone uses Stasis then Cataclysm. Some use Stasis, Cataclysm, Surge and then drop Cataclysm. This makes it so enemies are in the rift while squad mates are out. They can fight whatever's outside the rift while I fight whatever's in there. Following it up with alternating Banish and Surge lets me net even more enemies into the rift without letting my squad in there at all or leaving the rift's safety.

Stasis stopping bullets is not a feature, it is the ability's downside. All of Limbo's abilities have a downside but if you're aware of them and understand how they work, you can adapt to these downsides.

But if your squad mate's idea of Limbo being disruptive of team play is defined as "stealing their kills" then that's a completely different problem altogether.

3 hours ago, devildevil21 said:

Oh, idk, have you never heard about this thing... how was it... oh yeah, called "Giving allies a breathing room"?

Limbo's supposed to bring X enemies to the rift, pwn them all while the allies go for other enemies WITHOUT having to worry about those enemies.

And don't forget, limbo is squishy, we are supposed to fight INSIDE the rift where enemies are stunned due to stasis. Not be a 24/7 revival warframe.

Im currently running a max range build and i can cast cataclysm without covering the entire room. My banish can hit allies standing on the floor under me. It annoys me and them.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Not everyone uses Stasis then Cataclysm. Some use Stasis, Cataclysm, Surge and then drop Cataclysm. This makes it so enemies are in the rift while squad mates are out. They can fight whatever's outside the rift while I fight whatever's in there. Following it up with alternating Banish and Surge lets me net even more enemies into the rift without letting my squad in there at all or leaving the rift's safety.

Stasis stopping bullets is not a feature, it is the ability's downside. All of Limbo's abilities have a downside but if you're aware of them and understand how they work, you can adapt to these downsides.

But if your squad mate's idea of Limbo being disruptive of team play is defined as "stealing their kills" then that's a completely different problem altogether.

That is another strategy what makes teamates mad because they cant do anything to enemies in the rift without limbo letting them in.

I made the above suggestion to create a limbo what apart from trolls can not obstruct the fight of the team. I see no point in bringing limbo to any normal starchart level zones because of how the plane mechanics were created. In endurance runs with a premade squad limbo is good to have but, most of us do their farmings in pub runs.

the only time I wasn't attacked was on eris - akkad when people just wanted to level their stuff and limbo was able to nuke everything...

don't know why this was changed... because it was great on Akkad - but against high level grineer or something like this it wasn't that great... and when it came down to infested sorties the trash died but ancients still lasted so it was not that overpowered in my eyes...

not as much as

Ember for low level content (Wof)

Ivara + Infiltrate (for spy)

Octavia for invisibility

Wukong for immortality

Vauban for infested mobile defense missions

and the one point limbo was made for - sending only the high level enemies in the rift - isn't working anymore because of range...

I now (again) only use my low range high duration build for mobile defense-sorties and use static after asking the other players...

I feel that stasis usually annoys the team more than make them happy. 

When you are solo and want to go full melee, it is actually OP. But in some game modes stasis makes the game absolutely trivial. 

We had a Mobile Defense sortie against grineer this week and Limbo in our team. The hole thing was so boring thatone of the team mates left to make a sandwich and took a litlle too much to get back and the team had already moved to another objective.

It is so broken that when Limbo casts statis and 4th, it is time to go to bathroon, make a sandwich, order pizza etc...

I know Limbo is really powerful in some scenarios as it is BUT what I think it is incredible is that one of the reasons he got reworked was because he was considered annoying by the rest of the team. and now after the rework, he can prevent the hole team from using anything other than melee.

To me, he is even more annoying now than he was before. 

We were on an sortie excavation with secondary only restricition. One of the genious in the team had a limbo with huge range and duration and would cast it all the time.

So you might say that we can break it with 300 bullets right? So do it with a team of Vay Mar and Aklex Prime... the hole thing was so @#$@$ that I decided to stay and consider that the second sortie restriction.

17 hours ago, Konachibi said:

Now, Limbo's Stasis currently does this, except it doesn't remove the enemies, they're still there, but nobody can shoot at them so long as Limbo's Stasis is active inside a Cataclysm, so Limbo is basically turning off 2 of a Warframes 3 weapons, along with some abilities too (it affects Ivara's Navigator for instance, which means Ivara has wasted energy if Limbo has Stasis on when she tries to use it).  Not everyone wants to spam melee just because Limbo thinks it's funny to stop bullets being bullets, and not everyone has a melee weapon modded well enough to output the kind of damage they can do from a primary or secondary weapon, so Stasis is, the majority of the time, simply tanking everyone's damage.  It's entirely a negative effect, with no positive other than enemies aren't doing anything for a few seconds, which is something other Warframes can do without screwing up the teams weapons at the same time (Spear build Nezha's for example).

This is why I hate Limbo's Statis.  That ability pretty much screws over pretty much all of Ivara's attack abilities.  Navigator:  yep.  Artemis Bow:  yep.  It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so many Limbo players that like to troll that ability because they think it's funny.  

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

This is why I hate Limbo's Statis.  That ability pretty much screws over pretty much all of Ivara's attack abilities.  Navigator:  yep.  Artemis Bow:  yep.  It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so many Limbo players that like to troll that ability because they think it's funny.  

I did inform DE over a year ago about how Limbo's rift effect screws up all of Ivara's abilities, and I got a reply thanking me for letting them know, but as we know by now, nothing has ever been done about it.  The case that Stasis also completely neuters Navigator and Artemis Bow by turning them into a waste of energy, as well as negating it's ability to damage anything between the rift like ALL OTHER WARFRAME ABILITIES CAN is just plain dumb.

They might have already moved past Limbo, but there are two changes that he may need just to make things flow better.

1: Make it where his banish pulls people into his "current" plane, instead of out. Same thing that they where going for, but reversed.

2: Maybe make it where his static doesn't affect bullets. It might be too powerful though and that's why they freeze them for balancing,

but it can break the flow of the mission. It also wouldn't piss people off that their bullets aren't going anywhere. I don't mind going melee,

but not everyone has the same play style.

There are probably more problems that people have with Limbo, but after playing him for a while, these would be the main ones I've had with him.

I still love playing limbo otherwise. I love the fantasy and style of his abilities.

Would these help at all or is he just fine where he is? 

25 minutes ago, Drador-An said:

Make it where his banish pulls people into his "current" plane, instead of out. Same thing that they where going for, but reversed.

2: Maybe make it where his static doesn't affect bullets. It might be too powerful though and that's why they freeze them for balancing,

Banish is now literal and for good reason, it's more balanced and now that Limbo can freeze things with his second, Stasis (that's intended btw) 

Mechanically Limbo is fine as is, he has a lot of options at his disposal from individual powers to combos. But Devs should think about how to tackle his powers being too controlling over teammates that leads to his unwelcomed presence in casual play.

"Just roll, do it every time you touch the portal or I banish you" explains Limbo who uses Rift Walk and Banish very actively.

"Bring a weapon that breaks Stasis fast" thinks an experienced player fearing being matchmade with Limbo on popular nodes.

"Use melee, stop shooting in my bubble" says Limbo with expectation of 3 to 7 other players to smash E or stay away from his territory.

"You can't press buttons in the rift" complains a banished player or inside Cataclysm encompassing a Life Support Capsule with dire need to activate it.

"I rift surge-banished the whole room, use your powers (aka. waste your energy) guns don't work" grumbles Limbo as his attempt to give his team breathing room while keeping them in the material plane are viewed as annoying.

"Stop blowing up Cataclysm, you're bringing me out of the rift too" says other teammate also playing Limbo with concerns for his survivability.

It's stuff like these that makes Limbo such a bothersome frame to play with.

1 hour ago, Drador-An said:

1: Make it where his banish pulls people into his "current" plane, instead of out. Same thing that they where going for, but reversed.

Yes, this would be great.

Edited by Enderlook

1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:

But Devs should think about how to tackle his powers being too controlling over teammates that leads to his unwelcomed presence in casual play.

No offense intended to Limbo players. But I could not agree more with this entiment. In PUGs Limbo has seriously got to be the most obnoxious frame in the game. Limbo requires the team to play "his way". That is no doubt fine for organised groups but in PUGs it just makes you wish for a rad proc so you can blow his freakin' head off.

11 hours ago, Gravitus123 said:

I agree that he interferes with other players gameplay and id be fine with them finding a way to reduce that as long as Limbo doesnt get nerfed 

I in no way want him to be nerfed.

The only downside in my suggestion is lowered energy regen in the rift, but considering that limbo doesnt really have any spammable skills it doesnt matter that much.

Another idea would be for banish is to be able to cycle enemy vs player targeting.

20 hours ago, devildevil21 said:

Actually, that strategy that "limbo mains" use is dumb.

Not everyone uses that strategy, and real limbo mains WILL NEVER use that strategy, unless solo, or the team is in a BAD situation.

Current strategy most GOOD limbo mains use is to drop cataclysm with stasis active, use rift surge and cancel cataclysm. So you and the enemies can fight 1on1 on the rift without allies being affected by stasis.

But guess what? Players still complain about that! Wanna know how? "It's annoying shooting enemies and they don't die..." "Limbo OMG STOP BANISHING!"

I've reached the point where if I move, I get attacked by my teammates because I did something someone didn't like.

That's why most limbo players right now are: "Ya complaining? Then leave. You won't be missed."

Because this limbo hate is hitting a point where players no longer even THINK that limbo CAN BE USEFUL, and downright attack limbo for even moving!

Reminds me of a Kuva Flood Rescue I did yesterday....

I brought Limbo. Easy Kuva. Easy Rescue. Good for picking up downed Teammates.

I went into the Rift for the entire match, only leaving literally once to banish the Rescue.

We head towards Evac with Hostage in tow, at which point we run into the Kuva Siphon.

I stand on the side-lines, keeping track of where Kuva will be coming from, Banish duration for Hostage, and checking if Teammates go down to Revive (And they did, a lot. Maybe 2-3 pick ups each)

And then, they started yelling at me.

"OMG! I can't kill anything! F*cking Limbo!"
"What are you doing, Limbo?! Seriously?!"

"Just, I am so done with this!"

Huh? I didn't do anything. I didn't cast anything. I've picked up 5 fallen people thus far. I haven't set foot out of the Rift, and I've picked up 3 of 4 incoming Kuvas. What were they talking about? I was literally carrying the team.

But there they were, Face-Tanking Spear wielding Kuva Guardians, playing in enemy mosh pits, Shooting at Ramparts unbreakable glass screens.

And somehow, I, the Limbo, was responsible for all their pain and suffering.

Moral of the Story: Even if you do NOTHING to interfere with your fellow players, you're still ruining everyone's fun.

Rip Warframe Limbo 2017

So I'm REALLY late to this discussion, but after playing Limbo intimately since the rework I am duely disappointed in his changes.  I am a veteran WF PS4 player, playing WF since PS4 launch.  I am also a veteran Limbo player, as he's my main frame.  Or at least he was.

As a Limbo main I ABSOLUTELY hate the rework.  I personally thought that there was nothing wrong with Limbo before and enjoyed him thoroughly in the state he was in.  He alienated players in the beginning when you couldn't roll out of the rift when you were banished and Cataclysm couldn't be deactivated.  Arsh players would troll players with those two abilities.  

So complaining about it won't do anything so I'll just offer up what I believe they should change.

Banish should go back to how it was, meaning doesn't matter what plain you're in.  How can Limbo be the master of the rift, yet he can ONLY banish enemies in the same plain??  This is inconsistent and absurd.  I do like the AoE change, but why not just make that an augment mod because in conjunction with Stasis it is pretty strong.

Rift Walk needs to go back to being an ability.  The change that I'd advocate is have it have no animation entering or exiting the rift.  Pre-rework Rift Walk didn't have an animation when you exited the rift so why give it one when you enter??  I like the dash rework, but the major problem is you're locked into an animation.  This is really problematic when you're aiming at enemies, especially when you're attached to a wall.  The rift dash forces you to move, making you refocus and have to require your target when the animation is complete.  You also can't refocus on your target until the animation is complete.    

I also personally utilized shooting while attached to a wall and going in and out of the rift as I'm attached.  Again, the problem with Rift Dash while doing so is the animation.  If you Rift Dash while attached you are forced to unattach.  This is a problem on level where there are many places to fall then respawn.  When you respawn you can get killed as you're going through the respawn animation (this has happened to me on high level survivals).

Another change is the rift walk/dash state should remain until you manually change it.  I hate that you lose your rift status after leaving Cataclysm.  This is really stupid.  I especially hate this after being trolled by another Limbo player who casted Cataclysm while I was reviving a fellow player who was down.  As I was reviving that player the other Limbo on the team casted Cataclysm then deactivated it.  After he deactivated I lost the Rift Walk/Dash plain status, which then caused me to die as I became susceptible to damage from no longer being in the rift.  He then mocked me by casting Cataclysm over and over as I laid there dying.  As a result myself and a fellow teammate died.  That was a waste of a respawn for me and the other player.

Rift Surge should be removed and be replaced by Stasis.  Rift Surge just increased damage, which is what Cataclysm's augment mod does.  DE should take the Rift Surge's ability and function and make it an augment mod.

Cataclysm should remain the same.  I like what it does now post rework, but it turned Limbo into a spam frame.  Maybe they can rebalance it so that it's not a spamable ability.

These are my suggestions to the whole Limbo debacle.  Again I am a Limbo main, but after this I'm putting him away.  I think the community has always been divided on Limbo and now it looks like the division remains.  Only thing now is those who hated him before now love him and those who loved him now hate him.

Again I didn't think Limbo needed a rework and was fine in the state that he was in.  I've played him with his rework and I've figured out how to make him work, but unfortunately though Limbo's re-work just doesn't work for me.

Edited by (PS4)Dough_Nutz
Corrections

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Another idea would be for banish is to be able to cycle enemy vs player targeting.

Banish doesn't even need to target allies anymore because Limbo can leave behind a small portal when he rift dashes.

If you get banished by Limbo using his 1, its most likely, he's not targeting you. You just got caught in its AoE.

43 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I went into the Rift for the entire match, only leaving literally once to banish the Rescue.

We head towards Evac with Hostage in tow, at which point we run into the Kuva Siphon.

I stand on the side-lines, keeping track of where Kuva will be coming from, Banish duration for Hostage, and checking if Teammates go down to Revive (And they did, a lot. Maybe 2-3 pick ups each)

Huh? I didn't do anything. I didn't cast anything. I've picked up 5 fallen people thus far. I haven't set foot out of the Rift, and I've picked up 3 of 4 incoming Kuvas. What were they talking about? I was literally carrying the team.

But there they were, Face-Tanking Spear wielding Kuva Guardians, playing in enemy mosh pits, Shooting at Ramparts unbreakable glass screens.

Moral of the Story: Even if you do NOTHING to interfere with your fellow players, you're still ruining everyone's fun.

Rip Warframe Limbo 2017

If they bleed out, let them die. If they threaten to leave, let them leave. Limbo is a solo frame. If you know what you're doing, nothing will even touch you while everything around you dies in frozen time with or without squad mates.

Its different on PS4, though. If you play as Limbo, nobody gives an f. I think its just the PC player base that's toxic. Or maybe its just harder to chat with a controller.

On 5/6/2017 at 8:56 AM, Konachibi said:

Not too long ago the Simulor and Tonkor were nerfed.  They were nerfed because, as DE said, they went against the idea of teamwork.

No, they weren't. Those weapons didn't get nerfed because they're "against teamwork". No weapon is against teamwork. The point of the teamwork is making the enemies dead. No weapon is going against that. Tonkor was nerfed because it's too high gain for no risk. Simulor was nerfed because it was brainless to use: you just aim in a general direction and never stop firing.

At the moment, any Warframe inside a Cataclysm is at the mercy of Limbo's Stasis with no choice otherwise except to get out of the Cataclysm and try to pick off enemies outside of it.  Since most Limbo's will put their bubble at a choke point, that leaves the other players with slim pickings to shoot at.

You do understand that inside Statis you can whack at enemies with melee with no risk to you, right?

Instead of this, allow players to 'opt in' to the effects of Limbo's Stasis.  Seperate Stasis from purely 'in the rift' to 'banished in the rift'.  If a player isn't banished but is in the rift via Cataclysm, Stasis will not have an effect on them, their guns will still work like they should, however if the player is banished and in the rift, whether it's in a Cataclysm or not, THEN Stasis will effect their weapons.  

So basically players can opt to be immune to any rift powers. This will not stop any whining whatsoever, since Limbo will just Cataclysm a group of enemies in Statis that he could freely stab at any time while the players outside of the rift can't do anything to them even if they're inside the range of Cataclysm. Since they're not in the rift. If what you're suggesting is they could use their guns even when Stasis is active then, holy crap, this is the most OP ability in the game as it's literally a hack to a make any enemy stop moving. Like a cheat code turning off enemy AI.

This idea is mostly to stop the Stasis + Cataclysm combo from nerfing player weaponry and remove Limbo's ability to troll the group, as it makes the effect completely optional to other players.

They're not going to stop the trolling. The only thing stopping the "trolling" is understanding how Limbo's powers work when you're in a group with Limbo. Because I'm positive most of the "trolling" are actually Limbo players using their powers and other people not understanding how they work. Like if you see your guns not working due to Stasis, you just melee them instead of getting salty about not being able to shoot your guns.

4 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Rip Warframe Limbo 2017

This is ironic since putting up Cataclysm with Stasis would give you room to deal with fatties as other enemies won't be able to shoot your Operator. Of course, players not understanding how Limbo works is the problem. Because a good Limbo player + teammates that understand how the rift works makes any mission a cake walk.

3 hours ago, JalakBali said:

No, they weren't. Those weapons didn't get nerfed because they're "against teamwork". No weapon is against teamwork. The point of the teamwork is making the enemies dead. No weapon is going against that. Tonkor was nerfed because it's too high gain for no risk. Simulor was nerfed because it was brainless to use: you just aim in a general direction and never stop firing

On 2017. 03. 24. at 10:31 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

We have nerfed 3 weapons (plus 1 variant)  that we feel disrupts the co-op setting and pace of gameplay for most groups:

Well technically they do said the nerf was warranted because these weapons were against teamwork. Now the tonkor died out and the simulor still exists but you only see it in the hands of mirage.

You do understand that inside Statis you can whack at enemies with melee with no risk to you, right?

Oh thank god, i just brought this 0 level dark sword with me to akkad to whack infested with it since limbo stasised the area. Such a great and powerful weapon its surely better choice to kill the enemy with this and not with my ignis.

So basically players can opt to be immune to any rift powers. This will not stop any whining whatsoever, since Limbo will just Cataclysm a group of enemies in Statis that he could freely stab at any time while the players outside of the rift can't do anything to them even if they're inside the range of Cataclysm. Since they're not in the rift. If what you're suggesting is they could use their guns even when Stasis is active then, holy crap, this is the most OP ability in the game as it's literally a hack to a make any enemy stop moving. Like a cheat code turning off enemy AI.

On 2017. 05. 06. at 2:56 AM, Konachibi said:

This idea is mostly to stop the Stasis + Cataclysm combo from nerfing player weaponry and remove Limbo's ability to troll the group, as it makes the effect completely optional to other players.

They're not going to stop the trolling. The only thing stopping the "trolling" is understanding how Limbo's powers work when you're in a group with Limbo. Because I'm positive most of the "trolling" are actually Limbo players using their powers and other people not understanding how they work. Like if you see your guns not working due to Stasis, you just melee them instead of getting salty about not being able to shoot your guns

Ive made this thread some day ago, where i posted a "fix" to what is the problem with limbo now.

Limbo players may not be trolling but the way banish, stasis and cataclysm works it annoying as hell. Simply using the upper buff and letting banish get a select player vs enemy option would fix everything.

13 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Rip Warframe Limbo 2017

Are you sure you weren't accidentally hitting enemies with Banish?  I've had that happen a lot with other Limbo players. They accidentally banish me all the time while trying to banish enemies. 

Making Banish an AOE turned out to be a big "careful what you wish for" moment. 

Just now, malekas said:

Are you sure you weren't accidentally hitting enemies with Banish?  I've had that happen a lot with other Limbo players. They accidentally banish me all the time while trying to banish enemies. 

Making Banish an AOE turned out to be a big "careful what you wish for" moment. 

I thought so too, but reviewing the situation I only cast Banish twice (Got a 65 second Duration on it). Once when the Hostage was still in his cell, and no one else was around me, and again about 10 seconds after people started yelling at me in the Kuva Siphon area, so, maybe 2 Kuva in.

And when I looked at their behavior, as mentioned above, they seemed to be blaming me cause they couldn't melee kill a Spear Wielding Kuva Guardian, or shoot through a Rampart's indestructible glass screen. At the end of the day, they were being idiots, and blaming the nearby Limbo for their failures.

13 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Well technically they do said the nerf was warranted because these weapons were against teamwork. Now the tonkor died out and the simulor still exists but you only see it in the hands of mirage.

If they were nerfed due to being "against teamwork" then Ember and Ignis would be next on the chopping block (they're not). You seem to think that "teamwork" consists of "let me kill stuff too pls".

13 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Oh thank god, i just brought this 0 level dark sword with me to akkad to whack infested with it since limbo stasised the area. Such a great and powerful weapon its surely better choice to kill the enemy with this and not with my ignis.

And you supposed it's the fault of the Limbo player because you brought a crap weapon?

Also, if you brought a rank 0 melee weapon, why are you so eager to kill enemies with your primary? It will not earn any exp if you killed with your Ignis. The Limbo player is doing you a favor by not letting you use your Ignis. You don't sound you got this figured out other than "I'm annoyed, I want to lash out at things I don't understand".

Really, I don't disagree with you that making Limbo's teammates choose whether they want to be in the rift or not is a good thing. But I don't really see how your solution would solve anything. If Limbo wanted the enemies to be in the rift and in Stasis, then it doesn't matter whether the teammates could opt out from being in the rift. They still won't be able to shoot the enemies. It will not solve anything you said.

5 minutes ago, JalakBali said:

If they were nerfed due to being "against teamwork" then Ember and Ignis would be next on the chopping block (they're not). You seem to think that "teamwork" consists of "let me kill stuff too pls".

First of all, i quoted that phrase from the weapon balance pass megathread made by [de]daniella. It does say that these disrupted the coop element of the game.

And you supposed it's the fault of the Limbo player because you brought a crap weapon?

Also, if you brought a rank 0 melee weapon, why are you so eager to kill enemies with your primary? It will not earn any exp if you killed with your Ignis. The Limbo player is doing you a favor by not letting you use your Ignis. You don't sound you got this figured out other than "I'm annoyed, I want to lash out at things I don't understand".

Affinity shares equally among all gear. IF i dont bring a secondary and leave my sentinel on my ship that increases the affinity gain on the leftover weapons. It may not gain experience since im not using it but it will gain enough affinity to level it up fast.

Also we could argue on what happens if i for example brought a rank 0 tysis. The weakest secondary pistol in the whole game. How do you expect me to level it up if im stuck in a limbo stasis bubble?

Really, I don't disagree with you that making Limbo's teammates choose whether they want to be in the rift or not is a good thing. But I don't really see how your solution would solve anything. If Limbo wanted the enemies to be in the rift and in Stasis, then it doesn't matter whether the teammates could opt out from being in the rift. They still won't be able to shoot the enemies. It will not solve anything you said. You didnt read my post did you?

The Rift Indifference buff i posted lets allies attack enemies on different planes at the cost they can shot back and makes players be able to shot targets normally at the cost of removing stasis and replacing it with a power strenght reliant slow, also it lets enemies shot back.

I tried to cover everything in that thread i posted. The rift indifference buffs only downside is a one time casts cost and halved energy regen while in the rift for limbo. It only bring positive effect to the teamplay while it does not wreck limbo or make him OP.