Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Limbo Revisited Feedback Megathread

(XBOX)ZeroMKIX

Limbo was never meant to be a nuker. What do you mean by: "the ability is useless"? No,  it's great for instantly freezing a massive amount of enemies....  Like it was designed for....

It was never made for nuking... So no, I agree with the Nerf cause it took away from what limbo was supposed to be... 

i would concur that one of the adjustments on it's own would be plenty sufficient to make Cataclysm always deal some relevant Damage, but not be Killing much or anything in most circumstances.
and that Cataclysmic Continuum is infact somewhat counter productive considering current functionality of the Ability.

it's very clearly obvious that Cataclysm is supposed to deal some relevant Damage, because it was given a relevant Damage mechanic.
no amount of putting things in politically correct buckets of deciding what Limbo is 'supposed to do' changes that fact.

19 minutes ago, Arniox said:

What do you mean by: "the ability is useless"?

nothing, considering the exact words were.... "The augment Cataclysmic Continuum is still useless" - no negative reference was made towards the Ability.

When a rework of a rework makes the frame garbage, it is a sign that the original rework missed the mark. Cataclysm doing 100% damage when it is about to expire makes no sense as no enemies are going to be entering the bubble at that point. Heavy handed nerf that appears to have not been play tested.

Edited by Pyus

Honestly the new one seems much more fair an inline with his intent, he is supposed to bring enemies into the rift to fight them on his own terms, not rip them apart with cosmic forces by shifting them between planes of existence repeatedly.

DE really need to look back at the calculation board on Limbo's nerf. 

This is way worst than the old Limbo.

It is fine to tune down the damage to be more balanced until adding over reacting change to the Cataclysm bubble doing less and worst "scaling" number as balanced?

This is how I think DE should have players testing first and get feedback, not throwing darts on a wall with random numbers and call it a fixed.

9 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Now that the reworks on ps4 i still am not seeing a lot of limbos...like at all actually.

Saw mabye 1 newbie limbo learning the ropes and...zip.

Except myself of course.

In fact ps4 players seem to be having more fun when a limbos around moreso than what i saw on pc. Ppl running in circles around 1 mob surrounding it with explosives or asking for stasis to be used.

Same. I've seen 1 whole other Limbo so far. And I've seen no complaints yet about me using him. I don't cataclysm spam but still, even then I guess people complain about something somewhere. I have gotten a lot of Octavia song compliments though. : P

Ask yourself this:

What is the point of cataclysm? To bring enemies into the rift? Then what is the point of banish? Then why isn't Banish able to be cast from the rift while you have a much better version of it that can? Why would you even use banish then? 

What does it do? Is it supposed to be a nuke? A support ability? A defensive ability?

Currently it's a glorified banish. Certainly I use it a lot to create an arena with stasis, but is that enough? Banish has just assumed a useless role.

Limbo is powerful, but his 4 and his 1 lack purpose and identity.

This nerf does not really affect me because  used colosseum builds for Limbo. But it does seem too much.

The problem with the ability was that is was too spammable, not that it scaled well. 

1 minute ago, Evanescent said:

Ask yourself this:

What is the point of cataclysm? To bring enemies into the rift? Then what is the point of banish? Then why isn't Banish able to be cast from the rift while you have a much better version of it that can? Why would you even use banish then? 

The point of Cataclysm is to bring a Large number of enemies into the Rift. The point of Banish is to bring a Small number of enemies into the rift.

10 minutes ago, Seinerweisen said:

The point of Cataclysm is to bring a Large number of enemies into the Rift. The point of Banish is to bring a Small number of enemies into the rift.

But why would you ever want less enemies when you have stasis? 

15 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Ask yourself this:

What does it do? Is it supposed to be a nuke? A support ability? A defensive ability?

Currently it's a glorified banish. Certainly I use it a lot to create an arena with stasis, but is that enough? Banish has just assumed a useless role.

Limbo is powerful, but his 4 and his 1 lack purpose and identity.

This nerf does not really affect me because  used colosseum builds for Limbo. But it does seem too much.

The problem with the ability was that is was too spammable, not that it scaled well. 

Cataclysm is to make an area part of the rift in which they can be fought by those also within the area of effect, this includes things which cannot normally be in the rift.

Banish is to take on enemies within a controlled environment, or to remove them from play temporarily, like moving a bombard into the rift and walking in yourself to take him out without him being able to damage a defense objective.

They are not compliments of one another they are facets of how you can control the rift.

Edited by Deadoon

4 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

But why would you ever want less enemies when you have stasis? 

True that but size is only part of it. Casting speed factors in 2. You can tap 1 and almost instantaneously Banish Targets while cataclysm has that whole clapping animation which even with NT is slow.

2 minutes ago, Seinerweisen said:

True that but size is only part of it. Casting speed factors in 2. You can tap 1 and almost instantaneously Banish Targets while cataclysm has that whole clapping animation which even with NT is slow.

But to get that instant cast you need to be out of the rift, which can and possibly will get you killed with short notice in any sort of harder content.

You can keep 2 running and have a long lasting 4 while never placing yourself in danger, and natural talent removes a large portion of the casting speed problem, 

The point I'm trying to make is, there needs to be something more than bringing one and 5 enemies to differentiate an ultimate and a first ability.

10 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

Cataclysm is to make an area part of the rift in which they can be fought by those also within the area of effect, this includes things which cannot normally be in the rift.

Banish is to take on enemies within a controlled environment, or to remove them from play temporarily, like moving a bombard into the rift and walking in yourself to take him out without him being able to damage a defense objective.

They are not compliments of one another they are facets of how you can control the rift.

But is that enough to differentiate an ultimate skill costing 100 energy and a first skill costing 25?

Just now, Evanescent said:

But is that enough to differentiate an ultimate skill costing 100 energy and a first skill costing 25?

The 1st is for a duel or removing a huge threat instantly.

The 4th is for isolating an entire space from the rest of the map in order to maintain a much greater degree of control and gives allies within it energy regen.

Basically their entire goal and purpose is different. 1 is a directed ability that is discriminate for isolating individuals/small groups from the rest, 4 is a undirected ability with the goal of isolating a space on the map from the rest of it.

13 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

The 1st is for a duel or removing a huge threat instantly.

The 4th is for isolating an entire space from the rest of the map in order to maintain a much greater degree of control and gives allies within it energy regen.

Basically their entire goal and purpose is different. 1 is a directed ability that is discriminate for isolating individuals/small groups from the rest, 4 is a undirected ability with the goal of isolating a space on the map from the rest of it.

Not denying that. But I feel it isn't enough.

I don't think Limbo should be a nuke either. But his 4 does need something more than just being a larger tin opener.

Also I disagree that his 1 is for duelling. It might have been for pre rework limbo, but making it aoe has just made it an inferior cataclysm.

Change stasis so that it doesn't freeze friendly projectiles. It looks and feels cool to freeze bullets with stasis and set up a bunch of enemies to die at the same time but it's also Limbo's most annoying and trolly ability now because it forces everyone to switch to melee. People who aren't carrying melee weapons or don't have a good one are prevented from doing any damage. It sucks the fun out of most missions.

Also, something should be done about enemies keep freezing and unfreezing because they're on the edge of the cataclysm bubble. Maybe have the bubble pull enemies to the center or something. 

And public groups all cry out im happiness at once.......... if you litsen close you can hear happy tenno cheering well into the night that the annoyingness has been averted.... for now.

It was annoying, and limbo will still be a bit annoying for others, if the limbo user isnt well versed in using him.... But than god that one nightmare is over......... it was annoying to be in a group with limbo.... And before that buff happened i never was bothered........ so far so good.

Limbo users that were just abusing the 4 key can yell all they want. Do something else.

Edited by xPhantomStranga

5 hours ago, Buzkyl said:

Because Limbo right now doesn't have one fo the best CC skills in the game and with rift torrent extremely high damage potential.

The cataclysm nerf happened exactly how i expect, people who only saw Limbo for a nuker now find him useless and likely will move to the next easy Nuke frame in their roster

He's absolutely toxic to play with, best CC or no. They took away literally his only non obnoxious ability. I'm not saying I didn't see a nerf coming, I'm just saying they did exactly what a lot of us feared they would do, nerfing his nuke build and leaving him with only his anti-team trolling skill set. There were a lot of ideas on this very thread for how to handle this that were superior to their solution. As it is now I will not be playing in a game with Limbo. The second they start banishing things and/or dropping stasis I would rather do my taxes for entertainment. I am not an idiot, I understand their abilities and how to adjust my play style to deal with them, I just have zero interest in doing so. It is not worth the time of my life wasted being miserable to do anything with a Limbo on my team now.

Do keep in mind that Stasis trivializes certain Riven mod challenges and helps a lot in fighting bosses with phases aswell. I don't think Limbo needs to be nerfed back into his old self just because people can't be bothered to use melee despite melee being broken op right now.